corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Let me start with some of my predictions:

1) Tuukka will win the Vezina Trophy

2) Krug will lead the defense in scoring with 45+ points

3) Jarome will lead the team in goals with 30+

4) The Bs will edge out Detroit in a very tight Atlantic Division battle

5) Krejci will be traded before the deadline in a major deal for a backup goalie and a stud d-man...Spooner will step in to center the 2nd line

6) Injury predictions - Boychuk, Marchand and Seids get injured this year

7) Bruins win the home opener 5-2

8) Bruins face and eliminate Montreal in the 1st round of the playoffs

9) Bruins lose in 6 to Washington in the Eastern Conference Finals

10) St. Louis wins the Stanley Cup in 6 over Washington

That Bear

Jan 22, 2011
Let me start with some of my predictions:

5) Krejci will be traded before the deadline in a major deal for a backup goalie and a stud d-man...Spooner will step in to center the 2nd line
I thought we were done with this. Why would we do that?

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Krejci is my favorite Bruin...I wouldn't want to do this. I just have a feeling it will happen due to injuries on D...and Spooner being able to step in and fill the role making Krejci are best trade bait. If not Krejci, then Spooner gets moved for something less.

I thought we were done with this. Why would we do that?

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
Krejci is my favorite Bruin...I wouldn't want to do this. I just have a feeling it will happen due to injuries on D...and Spooner being able to step in and fill the role making Krejci are best trade bait. If not Krejci, then Spooner gets moved for something less.

So, we've got too many d-men and not enough starting spots (and 2 more up and coming goalies in the system), yet with 2 injuries (in your prediction), you think they panic and trade their best proven playoff performer for a goalie and a defenseman????

I don't buy it. No sir. #nosale

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
My prediction: Bs vs. Hawks for a rematch in the finals...may the best team win.

I don't see the Bruins trading Krejci or anyone else from the core group of guys. This is a all-hands-on-deck type of year. They need to maximize the window they have with Chara to win another Cup. If anything, they will trade prospects and maybe a non-core veteran to clear some cap space, in order to bring in a big deadline acquisition.

Maybe that player is Kelly, or with the rumored extension in place for Seids and the logjam at D, does Boychuk become expendable at some point? I think they have enough good prospects that they could package with one of those types of players, and draft picks, to make a big splash, assuming Pittsburgh allows for it.

Personally, I have extremely high expectations for this year's team. Anything less than another trip to the finals will likely be a disappointment to me. Unless Pitt figures out how to keep the puck out of their own net, I don't see anyone in the East that can challenge them. But we'll see. It should be a fun year.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Krejci traded at the deadline? I don't see them even thinking about that after seeing his playoff performances unless it was something utterly insane coming back.

choccy

Sep 17, 2010
London UK
Bruins to take Cup home this year.

My predictions last few years have been close.

2010 - Vancouver v Bruins Final (didn't happen so predicted again for year later)
2011 - Vancouver v Bruins Final
2012 - Devils v Caps (booo got it way wrong)
2013 Blackhawks v Pens Final
2014 - Im going with Bruins all the way this year (not decided just yet against who though.)

Last edited:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I predict Chara will be a healthy scratch from the following games:

3-13-14 vs the Yotes
3-17-14 vs the Wild
3-24-14 vs the Yotes
4-13-14 vs the Devils

(ok, i admit it, this is more of a request to CJ instead of a prediction)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Trade our first line center, who has led the league in playoff scoring for 2/3 years, for a top-4 defenseman and a backup goalie (which are so necessary in the playoffs,) and downgrade to a rookie playing on our 1st/2nd line going into the playoffs.

Smells like success to me.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Bruins to take Cup home this year.

My predictions last few years have been close.

2010 - Vancouver v Bruins Final (didn't happen so predicted again for year later)
2011 - Vancouver v Bruins Final
2012 - Devils v Caps (booo got it way wrong)
2013 Blackhawks v Pens Final
2014 - Im going with Bruins all the way this year (not decided just yet against who though.)
devils vs caps is impossible cup finals, so that was not a bad prediction, just a dumb one

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
- The Bruins fix the powerplay
- They are a top-3 scoring team and defensive team
- Marchand scores 30
- Chara beats the bejusus out of someone
- Toronto media bellyaches about fighting all season
- Bruins cruise to a Cup win

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Bruins Trade Bart, Spooner, and a second for Jason Pominville, and sign him for 5 years.
Cruise to a cup win witha top 9 of

Lucic Krejci Pominville
Soderberg Bergeron Iginla
Marchand Kelly Eriksson

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins Trade Bart, Spooner, and a second for Jason Pominville, and sign him for 5 years.
Cruise to a cup win witha top 9 of

Lucic Krejci Pominville
Soderberg Bergeron Iginla
Marchand Kelly Eriksson

Pominville signed a 5 year extension with the Wild today

trudatman*

Paille gets hurt, Kelly gets traded for a young winger near the deadline, Spooner and Bartkowski play fairly often, Chara gets scratched for rest a few times and generally doesn't play thirty minutes per game, Krug dominates the powerplay, Thomas and Ference get warm receptions but no wins when they visit Boston, Smith is lackluster and the third line is still the weakest link, Ericsson and Iginla score a lot, four Bruins top the leaguewide plus/minus chart in the regular season and six do so in the postseason, the Bruins score double-digit goal totals in more than one game, Julien is not as slow to react to personnel issues as he usually is, Tuukka and Johnson both run 0.929ish for most of the season, the Bruins lose single-digit total games to Western teams and dominate the finals, nobody wins individual trophies but the team gets the only important one at the end of the postseason.

the Bruins are once again the best team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad