Clarke MacArthur - Kyle Turris - Milan Michalek
Colin Greening - Mika Zibanejad - Erik Condra
Zack Smith - Derek Grant - Chris Neil

Please make this happen.

I could get behind that. Pageau in Bingo as the 1C

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
I liked the lines yesterday, if there needs to be a shake up in the future though I'd like to see:

Conacher-Spezza-Greening
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Condra-Zibanejad-Michalek
Smith-Grant-Neil

I just think that it kind of maximizes everyones potential, and Spezza will get his stuff done either way.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Zibanejad - Conacher
Condra - Grant - Neil

I finally got my wish and had Greening back with Spezza and Michalek. I think Spezza can make Greening worthy of his contract. Without Spezza, Greening doesn't fit in well on this team. Spezza can make Greening look like a $4M player. he scored 17 in 82 games, a 20 goal scorer gets 4M these days.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if i saw it correctly on twitter, pageau is still on the team, and was the extra skater at practice today (along with kassian), if he is still up i really hope he gets a chance soon since we can run 3 good lines with zibby up as well

greening/conacher-spezza-michalek
macarthur-turris-ryan
conacher/greening-zibby/pageau-pageau/zibby

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I finally got my wish and had Greening back with Spezza and Michalek. I think Spezza can make Greening worthy of his contract. Without Spezza, Greening doesn't fit in well on this team. Spezza can make Greening look like a $4M player. he scored 17 in 82 games, a 20 goal scorer gets 4M these days.

I like Greening with Spezza too, he does all the dirty work that Spezza won't do & he made that nice pass to Spezza for his 3rd goal against Phoenix to finally make Spezzza earn his contract. Without Greening to cover up Spezza's mistakes the goals against on that line would be hoffific. Greening is so versatile he can play on any line & help make it better but along with Michalek they are big & can be hard to play against.

Conacher - Zibanejad - Grant
Condra - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian - against TO Condra comes out Kassian goes in

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Zibanejad - Grant - Stone
Robinson - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Greening-Spezza-Conacher
Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zibanejad-Michalek
Smith/Condra-Grant-Neil

i could get down with that lineup.
that 3rd line is nasty, and hoffman brings a lot of what macarthur brings.
I suppose you could leave macarthur on the 2nd and hoffman on the 3rd as well. Either way that's a blazing fast, skilled, big (well 2 of them) 3rd line.
could tip the balance in a lot of games IMO

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Zibanejad - Grant - Stone
Robinson - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian

The first two lines look pretty good.

But can you please tell me, without using the words big or size, why on Earth Robinson should be on the Ottawa Senators.

So far in his VERY BRIEF AHL career he hasn't:
-fought
-scored prolifically
-played tough
-been stellar defensively

Promote him!!!:facepalm: :shakehead

burf

Mar 27, 2012

But can you please tell me, without using the words big or size, why on Earth Robinson should be on the Ottawa Senators.

-fought
-scored prolifically
-played tough

A bad case of prospect love, I suspect

Last edited by a moderator:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I like Greening with Spezza too, he does all the dirty work that Spezza won't do & he made that nice pass to Spezza for his 3rd goal against Phoenix to finally make Spezzza earn his contract. Without Greening to cover up Spezza's mistakes the goals against on that line would be hoffific. Greening is so versatile he can play on any line & help make it better but along with Michalek they are big & can be hard to play against.

Conacher - Zibanejad - Grant
Condra - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian - against TO Condra comes out Kassian goes in

I see Grant coming out more likely than Condra against TO or BOS.

source

Jul 13, 2008

-fought
-scored prolifically
-played tough

Shouldn't be a reason to promote any player.

WhiteLight*

X - Turris - X
X - Zibanejad - X
X - X - X
X - X - X
----------------------------------
Greening, Neil

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Shouldn't be a reason to promote any player.

I agree although plenty of teams in the NHL would indeed bring up a player just because he's a capable fighter. I mean is there any other reason why Matt Kassian is not in Bingo or Elmira right now?

I just included fighting because certain posters here were sure to call Robinson tough, or claim he sticks up for his teammates, or some other garbage like that because Robinson is 6'5. I wanted to preempt that nonsense by pointing out that the guy doesn't play a tough game, including fighting.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Mickey needs some time on the pine to get his head outta his a** and get back to ripping up the boards, winning battles and snapping home lasers from the hash marks. He seeems to be last guy off at the games I have been to, and looks like he's working out there, but just needs a reality check.

Ryan Turris MacArthur
Greening Spezza Conacher
Condra Zibanejad Grant
Neil Smith Michalek

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'd try something like:

Greening - Spezza - Conacher
MacA - Turris - Ryan
Zibanejad - Pageau - Michalek
Condra/Smith - Grant - Neil

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Conacher
Greening - Zibanejad - Condra
Smith - Pageau/Grant - Neil

I know Spezza and Ryan had some problems meshing but it maybe time to try again, this is still the best fit. We need that first line going and I think this is the best way to do it. That second line started well but was dismantle because of the meshing problems Spezza and Ryan had. I still think that pairing has great potential. The problem is I don't see much offense from the bottom four wingers :(

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Spezza-Stone
Michalek-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil(Hate this line but they're the leftovers)

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
I still want to see this top 6. The bottom 6 is trickier, but I think this is our best chance at a dynamic top 6 with the personnel we've got.

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

-fought
-scored prolifically
-played tough

I would like to see Condra off the team, Robinson seems to be a pretty fast skater in the times I have seen him & does seem to have a bit of a scoring touch. I think he could play an energy type game from the 4th line & work his way up especially paired with Grant. The two aspects that I'm not allowed to mention give him a strength & reach ability that make him harder to play against & he does hit from time to time. It's also not like Condra is winning games for us at either end of the rink & he hasn't done any of those things you mentioned either at least Robinson has the height & weight requirements I want to see in hockey players.. The Sens need a shake up & this guy provides an interesting one.

Last edited:

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
Conacher - Spezza - Zibanejad
Michalek - Pageau - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil (see: Benny FTW)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad