Predict Your Team's Next Captain

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I see his play as way more consistent than Fowler's and I have never questioned his effort. He's also a gym rat in the offseason which I think is important from your captain.
I mean. I'm not disputing that but I don't see what that has to do with leadership.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I mean. I'm not disputing that but I don't see what that has to do with leadership.
It has quite a bit to do with leadership. You want your captain setting that kind of example for younger players. That example that you want set extends all the way to their conduct off the ice and in the training room getting ready for the season as much as it does in the locker room and on the ice. I think of the captain of a hockey team as the ambassador of an organization in some ways

I'm not saying this is an issue for Fowler, but you don't ever want your captain showing up out of shape and not ready for the season, and that will never be an issue for Lindholm from what I've seen.

Leading by example is showing the other players on the team what is an acceptable training offseason and what is not

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It has quite a bit to do with leadership. You want your captain setting that kind of example for younger players. That example that you want set extends all the way to their conduct off the ice and in the training room getting ready for the season as much as it does in the locker room and on the ice. I think of the captain of a hockey team as the ambassador of an organization in some ways

I'm not saying this is an issue for Fowler, but you don't ever want your captain showing up out of shape and not ready for the season, and that will never be an issue for Lindholm from what I've seen.

Leading by example is showing the other players on the team what is an acceptable training offseason and what is not
I think that's part of it but not all of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad