Predict what name the Bell Centre will have

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I like the Forum in the name as well.

In my opinion, any hockey arena Montreal plays in at home should always have the name Forum.
All 24 Stanley Cups was won under the name Forum......We had the name Forum from 1908 to 1996...

From 1996 to 2023 Molson Centre ..Bell Centre...no success attached to the word "Centre ".....sorry.

The Bruins reclaimed their historic arena name Garden ..MSG (Madison Square Garden) in New York keeps their iconic name.....
Montreal Canadiens the 24 time Cup winner has the chance to make it right by bringing back the iconic name Forum...

Last edited:

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
They won’t call it the Forum. And it’s not because of the old building; they know that the folks will just call it the Forum and will never market the sponsor’s name. Whereas the Centre never gets called that; people carry the sponsor’s name, as Centre is rather generic.

Makes sense. First word has to be as generic as possible like "Center" or "Place" so nobody would use that word only without naming the sponsor.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Makes sense. First word has to be as generic as possible like "Center" or "Place" so nobody would use that word only without naming the sponsor.

Explain to me how this has been no issue in Boston since 2005....has TD bank said omg no one will call it TD Garden..the fans
will only call it Garden....So will need to call it TD Bank Place or Center....no TD gets it, as does
the Boston owner..Garden means something to fans in Boston.........Forum means something
to fans .....RBC Forum , the RBC logo in front of the word Forum tell me why that won't work?
The Forum name was abandoned for a word that represents a shopping mall "Centre".
Centre since 1996 no winning history attached to Centre....
the Forum is a name iconic .With a rich history of winning .

By Hayden Bird

January 12, 2023

Boston fans won’t have to learn the name of a new sponsor on the side of the local arena anytime soon.

Delaware North, which owns and operates TD Garden, announced on Thursday that TD Bank has agreed to a 20-year extension of the current naming rights deal. The existing contract, which was set to expire in 2025, will now continue through 2045.

TD Bank has held the naming rights since 2005. Financial terms were not disclosed

Last edited:

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Explain to me how this has been no issue in Boston since 2005....has TD bank said omg no one will call it TD Garden..the fans
will only call it Garden....So will need to called it TD Bank Place or Center....no TD gets it as does
the Boston owner..Garden means something to fan in Boston.....Montreal Forum means something
to fans .....RBC Forum , the RBC logo in front of the word Forum tell me why that won't work?
The Forum name was abandoned for a word that represents a shopping mall "Centre".
Centre since 1996 no winning g history attached to Centre....the Forum is a name iconic .history of with winning

By Hayden Bird

January 12, 2023

Boston fans won’t have to learn the name of a new sponsor on the side of the local arena anytime soon.

Delaware North, which owns and operates TD Garden, announced on Thursday that TD Bank has agreed to a 20-year extension of the current naming rights deal. The existing contract, which was set to expire in 2025, will now continue through 2045.

TD Bank has held the naming rights since 2005. Financial terms were not disclosed
I like to call it the Titty Garden. Glad it won’t change.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorro

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Would slaf center work after he scores the winning goal in game 7 overtime of the cup final in 2026?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I was born in Ontario to French parents from Quebec and I heard them say maudit.....all the time....at the crap i tried to pull as a child. Lol

Maudit is a pretty tame curse word in french. lol It's basically "damn!". Although I heard that my grand-father never said it and when one of his children used it, he was pretty pissed. He was pretty religious.

The words that could cause us to get a slap or a pissed look from our parents was "criss" and "tabarnak" words derivative from the religious words.

Reactions: Surfer72

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
In my opinion, any hockey arena Montreal plays in at home should always have the name Forum.
All 24 Stanley Cups was won under the name Forum......We had the name Forum from 1908 to 1996...

From 1996 to 2023 Molson Centre ..Bell Centre...no success attached to the word "Centre ".....sorry.

The Bruins reclaimed their historic arena name Garden ..MSG (Madison Square Garden) in New York keeps their iconic name.....
Montreal Canadiens the 24 time Cup winner has the chance to make it right by bringing back the iconic name Forum...
How much does the name brings to Molson's pocket ? Seriously, in the end, is it absolutely needed for the financial health of the team ? I think that " Forum de Montréal" is the only name that should be on the list.

Those "Bell Center" kind of names are so anonymous that i am never sure if someone speaks about Habs arena or the one of the Rockets " Place Bell" :laugh:. " Forum de Montréal " speaks a lot by himself as you said. There was a relationship with the fans and the Forum, it was a name only linked to our hockey team. So why change it's name for the for a phone & communication company name ? Bell doesn't mean hockey for peoples

Surfer72

Oct 18, 2018
Maudit is a pretty tame curse word in french. lol It's basically "damn!". Although I heard that my grand-father never said it and when one of his children used it, he was pretty pissed. He was pretty religious.

The words that could cause us to get a slap or a pissed look from our parents was "criss" and "tabarnak" words derivative from the religious words.
Oh I got the tabarnaks and a few others as well.....i remember my mom sounding like a poet as she went up and down the swear word list.....

• Haha
Reactions: Kimota

Jul 6, 2016
Le Centre Jean Coutu. Habs are well known for their numerous injuries and needs for medications.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorro

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every prior Habs arena has been converted into a commercial building.

It was the case for the Mount Royal Arena, where the Habs played from 1920-26, which was destroyed by fire in 2000 and is now a Maxi supermarket.

Then, the Montreal Forum (72 years until 1995) is now badged as a Dollarama.

It’s going to end up as a Dollarama anyway, might as well get a head start.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe another bank in Canada might try to add it's name, like The Toronto Dominion Bank ... and then they could name it the Toronto Dominion Centre.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe another bank in Canada might try to add it's name, like The Toronto Dominion Bank ... and then they could name it the Toronto Dominion Centre.
… Or an insurance company like Intact or Belair Direct

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The Miser Mansion.:nod:

And just why can't Montreal win another cup,it's a mystery.:amazed::laugh:

51wNhAQvo+S.jpg

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Videotron should troll and be the highest bidder and naming it the Videotron Center.

On second thoughts, it's the last thing I would want.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Hopefully whatever we do we start putting more fresh and vibrant paint on the ice. Our colour is always so dull and muted compared to other teams. Brighten the colours up!!!

Reactions: Scriptor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad