Proposal: Predict the flames first trade this offseason

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
No way the Sharks do this. We'd have to add. Demers is a very good, young player.

Yep, I'm a big fan on Demers also and think he'd be a massive improvement over Butler on the 2nd pairing. He has had some injury problems lately however. I guess it all depends on how badly the Sharks want to get rid of Havlat's contract, looks like the fans want him gone ASAP at least. In any case, profiting on garbage contracts like Havlat's is what the Flames should be doing now with all the cap space.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think teams will be more likely to give up 2013 & 2014 draft picks than good young players & prospects.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
But then you gotta ask:

do they know something we don't?

I doubt it they are most likely just higher on his potential then we are, we have seen teams time and time again take a player earlier than TSN thinks they will go because their scouts really like X about their game. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't all I know is I would rather pay a small fee to get to #4 then try to get to #3 when everyone talks about the big 3 and I don't think we take Drouin.

According to Feaster he wants someone who has a chance to make the team next year and if Barkov and Lindholm are staying in Europe I think our options are Jones,MacKinnon,Drouin,Nichushkin,Monahan so if we want a center and don't get Drouin there is no point in moving up.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
What do you guys think of this I proposed it on the main boards.

to :flames

Zbynek Michalek + 2014 PHX 2nd + Boyd Gordon + 2014 PHX 5th (conditional if we sign Gordon the pick doesn't change hands if we don't we get the 5th in next years draft)

to :coyotes

Alex Tanguay + Roman Horak

herashak

Mar 24, 2013

Zbynek Michalek + 2014 PHX 2nd + Boyd Gordon + 2014 PHX 5th (conditional if we sign Gordon the pick doesn't change hands if we don't we get the 5th in next years draft)

I'd do it. Don't wan't tanguay anymore and i don't think horak slots in on this team long term. but I'd rather have a 2013 3rd than a 2014 2nd

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I doubt it they are most likely just higher on his potential then we are, we have seen teams time and time again take a player earlier than TSN thinks they will go because their scouts really like X about their game. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't all I know is I would rather pay a small fee to get to #4 then try to get to #3 when everyone talks about the big 3 and I don't think we take Drouin.

According to Feaster he wants someone who has a chance to make the team next year and if Barkov and Lindholm are staying in Europe I think our options are Jones,MacKinnon,Drouin,Nichushkin,Monahan so if we want a center and don't get Drouin there is no point in moving up.

Barkov is being touted as the most nhl ready by a lot of scouts. He'll play in North America this year.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
There is a rumour that Carolina is offering their 5th overall pick should we try to go after it? I saw it on the main boards but not sure what fellow fans think. Its pretty much a gurantee of Drouin,Barkov,Nichushkin I doubt Drouin will drop to 5th and Nashville is pretty sold on Barkov is it worth it for us to move up one spot? Also lighting are focused on Nichushkin so if Drouin drops to 4th Nashville takes him? Lets say Barkov is still there at 5th we can snag him IF we acqure that pick. So maybe we could offer 6th overall so they can select Nurse because they seem to need a defensman. So

6th overall+28th overall for 5th overall?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
There is a rumour that Carolina is offering their 5th overall pick should we try to go after it? I saw it on the main boards but not sure what fellow fans think. Its pretty much a gurantee of Drouin,Barkov,Nichushkin I doubt Drouin will drop to 5th and Nashville is pretty sold on Barkov is it worth it for us to move up one spot? Also lighting are focused on Nichushkin so if Drouin drops to 4th Nashville takes him? Lets say Barkov is still there at 5th we can snag him IF we acqure that pick. So maybe we could offer 6th overall so they can select Nurse because they seem to need a defensman. So

Not at all I would prefer to take either Monahan or Lindholm.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013

overpayment imo

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

Overpayment.

5th Overall
35th Overall

for

6th Overall
28th Overall

That would then guarantee us Monahan (who seems to be Calgary's guy) or an outside shot at Barkov or Drouin should Tampa select Valeri Nichushkin.
Personally, I would rather just sit at the six spot.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Overpayment.

5th Overall
35th Overall

for

6th Overall
28th Overall

That would then guarantee us Monahan (who seems to be Calgary's guy) or an outside shot at Barkov or Drouin should Tampa select Valeri Nichushkin.
Personally, I would rather just sit at the six spot.

Yes, and keep Edm from moving to 5.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Yes, and keep Edm from moving to 5.

I think thats the kicker. Feaster may have to do that move to keep Edmonton from getting the player we want. Also might be slightly easier to move up into the top 3 with the 5th overall.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
FWIW, this Yotes fan is hoping Calgary snatches Monahan away from Edmonton. :) Helps improve our slim chances of acquiring Lindholm, and Maloney should be able to get the 7th from MacTavish without it costing an arm and a leg.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not sure if this has been discussed much on here, but apparently Feaster offered all 3 of ours 1sts to Colorado for the #1 overall.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm not sure if this has been discussed much on here, but apparently Feaster offered all 3 of ours 1sts to Colorado for the #1 overall.

I think we talked about it in the draft thread. I am not surprised it was turned down but it was worth a shot I'm glad Feaster gave it a try but I personally would rather stay with our 3 firsts.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I like the deal a lot. I posted in the main board that I think it works straight up or in all of the add-in variations. I wonder if Tangs waives for Phoenix. That could be the only hiccough. It definitely addresses the needs of both teams though, which makes for a sound trade proposal. Phoenix missed Whitney a lot and Tanguay can do a lot of the same things.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I believe he has a year of military service he has to do before he can com over which is why I said he wouldn't come over this year.

That's correct, the Finnish government requires it. They did allow Saku Koivu to do it over three summers though, so maybe that could happen for Barkov too?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's correct, the Finnish government requires it. They did allow Saku Koivu to do it over three summers though, so maybe that could happen for Barkov too?

As far as I know, no official mention has ever been made regarding Barkov and military requirement. I think, but I could be wrong, that it's an issue which originated from boards and has remained solely on boards. For all we know, Barkov might be NHL-ready next year, right?

Maybe there are sources out there which I can't find which say otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad