Predict the Fittest Flame

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I beg to differ, but I'm not going to lose my head over this.

tumblr_m4jiwtosdw1rwj4q9o1_500.gif

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Glencross and Backlund are both going to need to start hot to get as close to 5M avg contracts as possible.
I'd bet Backlund gets this again.

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
I say hudler, saw him at the grocery store not too long ago and he looked absolutely shredded, a lot thicker than you imagine a guy his size

I also read that Colbourne had "turned into a monster" from his trainer so he could be a wild card

but its probably Gio

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I think Keegan Kanzig has a very good chance. He was at 7% body fat last year and likely only has gained more muscle. Others who have a good chance are Backs, Gio, and Wideman.

Aug 3, 2010
You'd think Kessel ate nothing but fast food the way that some people poke fun at how pudgy he is, but the guy can seriously move out there. One of my favourite players to watch tbh

No kidding - unless your shot and skating ability are better than "that fat man on ice" there's not really a reason as to why people should put down Kessel's fitness level. Sure, he doesn't give a great interview, doesn't look like your typical hockey player, but the man has some real talent that I would say easily eclipses or surpasses any of the current offensive talent or even talent potential the Flames have.

Right now, we'd be lucky if we had a proven scoring talent like Kessel in Calgary. The closest thing that the Flames' current roster has is Hudler for overall offensive skill.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kessel is an elite winger no question, but don't kid yourselves, there is going to be a time (and it will be sooner than later), that he can no longer rely on just his athletic ability to get by. As you get around the age 27-29, your body is not the same and having a high level of fitness is crucial to having success in pro sports. All the power to him if he can use training camp to get into shape, but those days are definitely numbered if he wants to continue to be a top 10 point producer without training in the offseason.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
im sure he has very strong legs, bet he doesnt work his upper body all that much and is naturally chubby.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kessel is an elite winger no question, but don't kid yourselves, there is going to be a time (and it will be sooner than later), that he can no longer rely on just his athletic ability to get by. As you get around the age 27-29, your body is not the same and having a high level of fitness is crucial to having success in pro sports. All the power to him if he can use training camp to get into shape, but those days are definitely numbered if he wants to continue to be a top 10 point producer without training in the offseason.

Maybe he's just doing the Shaq thing.
Use the regular season to get fit for the playoffs. Problem is the Leafs would have to get there for this method to work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad