1. DAL
2. COL
3. STL
4. ARZ
5. MIN
6. WPG
7. CHI
8. NSH

Keep in mind predicting without factoring in significant unexpected changes and possibly injuries is basically pointless, it always happens. Also keep in mind that as usual, I expect these point totals to be tight all over.... really like ARZ's forwards!

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Dallas
Colorado
Winnipeg
St Louis
Minnesota
Arizona
Nashville
Chicago

I think Dallas and Colorado are locks for the playoffs unless something extreme happens with injuries. I think the next five teams are all really close and you could move them around. A couple of them will overperform and a couple will underperform so you will have a better idea around December. Chicago is at the bottom.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Dallas--Great upfront, strong depth, top 5 goalie, well coached
Colorado--Has lost some pieces but still elite, no Landeskog is huge though
Minnesota--Love Kirill
Winnipeg-- Competitive group, overall I think they compete for a wild card
St Louis-- Not sure what happened last season, should rebound to a degree
Nashville-- No idea what they are or what they are trying to do tbh
Arizona -- Enough said
Blackhawks-- Bedard arrives but team is still ass

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Haven't seen one for this division yet, if it exists already just merge this one I guess.

Very tough division, with some surprises next season (I think)

1 - Colorado
I realize they're limping into next season with Landeskog already gone for the year and uncertainty surrounding Nichushkin, but on paper I've still gotta say they're the favourites to repeat as the top seed. Best two players in the division are in this lineup.

2 - Dallas
Hot on their heels once again should be Dallas. I think they were one of the healthiest (or luckiest) teams in the league last season so if that changes they could certainly drop, but they've got enough strength up front, on the back end and in goal to at least keep pace with the Avs.

3 - Minnesota
I'm interested in seeing how they rebound from last season's disappointing playoff exit. Gustavsson should finally see a full season as the top dog in goal for Minny, and they've got a solid enough lineup to at least make the playoffs comfortably.

4 - Nashville
Couple new faces in the lineup for Nashville, some young guns like Evangelista coming up, and if Saros keeps playing like an absolute workhorse the Preds' playoff drought should be short-lived.

5 - St. Louis
A lot went wrong for the Blues last season but I think they turn it around and become a playoff threat again.

6 - Arizona
....I know, right? Gotta have one wildcard in there, so why not the Coyotes to shake things up. I think there's a chance things start trending up for the desert dogs next season, and they have a chance to leapfrog a few teams trending the other way. Maybe Cooley ends up being the catalyst for that.

7 - Winnipeg
Speaking of trending the other way, I think Winnipeg's in trouble. Maybe this is Rick Bowness's last kick at the can, seems like there's enough frustration in Winnipeg that it could be a long season for the Jets - one that may very well see them on the outside looking in, come playoff time.

8 - Chicago
The Connor Bedard show kicks off in Chicago next season, but aside from that it'll be a long year for the Blackhawks

Whoops.

Swap Minnesota and Winnipeg, and I wasn't too far off. :laugh:

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Chicago still tanking and will be playing lots of kids.
Maybe 56 pts.

With one game to go, Chicago sitting on 51pts.
I was pretty close.

7E4O.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad