Predict the Atlantic all stars

6 forwards 3 dmen 2 goalies pick 1 from each team. Or use your own rules this is a fun poll.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Barkov over Larkin or Eichel?

It can easily be argued that Eichel has been better than Barkov this season. Barkov and Larkin both have the same amount of points, Barkov certainly is better defensively though. If you replace Larkin, how on earth would you represent Detroit in the all star game? All teams must send at least one player

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
It can easily be argued that Eichel has been better than Barkov this season. Barkov and Larkin both have the same amount of points, Barkov certainly is better defensively though. If you replace Larkin, how on earth would you represent Detroit in the all star game? All teams must send at least one player
I know I know, which is honestly a ridiculous rule.

In mine, I only sent 2 defensemen, and added forward, which has actually happened recently.

Chabot and Rielly are far ahead of anyone else this season anyway so that made it much easier .

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Point (TB)
Marner (TOR)
Pastrnak (BOS)
Eichel (BUF)
Barkov (FLA)
Larkin (DET)

Rielly (TOR)
Chabot (OTT)
Petry (MTL)

Andersen (TOR)
Howard (DET)

That would be my team basing it off of this year. That second goalie spot is the toughest.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
TB had to make the sacrifice. Hedman and Vasi are both elite and have name recognition despite their starts so they can go. Put Point/Kuch on the team then we see the likes of Price/Weber, Halak and Luongo. No thanks.
so you dont put the guy whos third in points in Kuch and the guy who is 1st in 5v5 primary points in Point? yikes

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Kucherov (TB)
Marner (TOR)
Pastrnak (BOS)
Eichel (BUF)
Domi (MTL)
Larkin (DET)

Chabot (OTT)
Reiley (TOR)
Hedman (TB)

Anderson (TOR)
Luongo (FLA)

How else are you gonna fit florida in? If you include Barkov you have to remove a forward. You cant remove Larkin because theres no other choice for DET, you cant remove Domi because montreal has no viable choices in other positions, you can remove Eichel but then you have to put in Dahlin or Risto which would mean removing a defenseman. In this case you couldnt remove Chabot because OTT has no other choices. You oculd remove Reiley but that thats a tough sell. Maybe removing Hedman would make sense but idk.

Honestly I’d swap Price and Luongo so I could have Barkov instead of Domi

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Matthews
Kucherov
Pasta
Barkov
Eichel
Larkin

Chabot
Rielly
Hedman

Andersen
Price

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Point (TB)
Marner (TOR)
Pastrnak (BOS)
Eichel (BUF)
Barkov (FLA)
Larkin (DET)

McDonagh (TB)
Chabot (OTT)
Petry (MTL)

Andersen (TOR)
Luongo (FLA)

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
1 part homer vote (McD has been fantastic for Tampa all year even slightly better than Hedman IMO)

1 part spreading out the representation of having 2 TOR and 2 TB instead of 3-1
Fair enough, haven't seen a ton of mcD this year, but the stats are stacked heavily towards rielly

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kucherov (TB)
Marner (TOR)
Pastrnak (BOS)
Eichel (BUF)
Domi (MTL)
Larkin (DET)

Chabot (OTT)
Reiley (TOR)
Hedman (TB)

Anderson (TOR)
Luongo (FLA)

How else are you gonna fit florida in? If you include Barkov you have to remove a forward. You cant remove Larkin because theres no other choice for DET, you cant remove Domi because montreal has no viable choices in other positions, you can remove Eichel but then you have to put in Dahlin or Risto which would mean removing a defenseman. In this case you couldnt remove Chabot because OTT has no other choices. You oculd remove Reiley but that thats a tough sell. Maybe removing Hedman would make sense but idk.

Well that list has 2 from TB, you take Hedman out.

Barkov looks like a real Selke challenger this season and is Captain of his team. It would be embarrassing to send Luongo there.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Need at least one player per team.

Nikita Kucherov (TB)
Auston Matthews (TOR)
Jeff Skinner (BUF)
Max Domi (MTL)
Aleksander Barkov (FLA)
Dylan Larkin (DET)

Thomas Chabot (OTT)
Morgan Rielly (TOR)
Victor Hedman (TB)

Frederik Andersen (TOR)
Jaroslav Halak (BOS)

How in the heck do you justify not putting Marner on that list?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
On the list:

Hutton - .917 SV%
Luongo - .906 SV%
Price - .902 SV%

Not on the list:

Howard - .923 SV%

He may be the most underrated goalie in the league.

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Eichel
Matthews
Marner
Barkov
Pasta
Point

Chabot (with Duchene out this is almost guaranteed)
McDonagh (Over Hedman, so far)
Rielly

Howard (Maybe Halak)
Price (Don't think he deserves to go, the competition for MTL F/D is just too high and he's a household name)

If not Howard, then bump Matthews (due to GP, and put Larkin). I think Marner has been better than Matthews this season. Has to be one of them, just due to the fact that every team needs to be represented. - Fan voting might kick Point out for Matthews, but that would be pretty sick (Point needs to go to the ASG)

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Holy hell is this difficult

Point
Kucherov
Eichel
Marner
Pastrnak
Matthews

Rielly
Chabot
Yandle

Howard
Price

So many snubs that could be there, wow. Larkin, Tavares, Skinner, Huberdeau, Hedman, McDonagh, and Domi should all be surefire all stars but if you need every team to have a representative you gotta make some sacrifices. Montreal and Florida are especially tough, like obviously it should be Domi for MTL but who are you taking off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad