Predict the 15/16 Canucks final standings

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think 26th which would give us 5th overall pick (or 5th best odds at winning the lottery).

My thinking behind this is that Philly, Edmonton, and one of Winnipeg or Calgary (hopefully both) will pass us.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
I goofed. I voted top 10 thinking it being the first 10 picks, not top 10 points in the league. I think we will pick 8th overall so I should have voted 20 to 25.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think 26th which would give us 5th overall pick (or 5th best odds at winning the lottery).

My thinking behind this is that Philly, Edmonton, and one of Winnipeg or Calgary (hopefully both) will pass us.

Philly did today with the win now one point ahead of us with 2 games in hand. Edmonton looks really good with Mcdavid now i know was only the BJs but there a diffy team now and could really pass us

But i doubt the jets or flames pass us cause there both gonna tank and sell off any usefull players now making them even worse. So we should do the same in hopes the oilers pass us and maybe one of the other tankers like you say. Maybe Buffalo cause who else can they sell off? And how else can the leafs get worse is it possible? :laugh:

Im sticking to 24 or 25 or maybe 26 meaning 5th overall. I just really hope Bo doesnt go crazy and force us in the playoffs. I want WD to ride plugs and Miller until there traded off :laugh:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Philly did today with the win now one point ahead of us with 2 games in hand. Edmonton looks really good with Mcdavid now i know was only the BJs but there a diffy team now and could really pass us

But i doubt the jets or flames pass us cause there both gonna tank and sell off any usefull players now making them even worse. So we should do the same in hopes the oilers pass us and maybe one of the other tankers like you say. Maybe Buffalo cause who else can they sell off? And how else can the leafs get worse is it possible? :laugh:

Im sticking to 24 or 25 or maybe 26 meaning 5th overall. I just really hope Bo doesnt go crazy and force us in the playoffs. I want WD to ride plugs and Miller until there traded off :laugh:

I think you could be right about the Jets when/if they sell off Byfuglien and Ladd, but Calgary doesnt really have the the same calibre of upcoming UFAs to sell off. Most of their good players are young or locked up long term so I don't imagine they'll get much worse.

Of course Jiri Hudler is an upcoming UFA, but he hasn't been very good this season so losing him wouldn't be the end of the world.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Never thought I would be happy to see McDavid return. Go Oilers Go! Help us Tank!

And we know Calgary has a late season push in them. Hopefully Miller stays healthy so Markstrom doesn't get in there for us and start stealing more games.

Things are looking negatively optimistic for us guys!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Never thought I would be happy to see McDavid return. Go Oilers Go! Help us Tank!

And we know Calgary has a late season push in them. Hopefully Miller stays healthy so Markstrom doesn't get in there for us and start stealing more games.

Things are looking negatively optimistic for us guys!

Believe! And anything can become impossible!

Finishing outside the top 3 in the draft? Impossible.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Yeah, I see us finishing 24th and winning the 3rd selection in the draft via the lottery.

And then drafting Chychrun. Lmao.

If we pick 3rd and we don't hear the name of one of the Fins...

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
expecting they will be anywhere from 2 to 5 games above 500 the rest of the way. That corresponds to records like 15-13-4 or 17-12-3 respectively over the last 32 games.
In other words I expect them to finish with between 85 and 88 points which should put them in the 18-20 range this year.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
in an ideal situation with the way the schedule is looking van wins at least 7 games. most of the other are either outright losses or goes to shootout/ot. hopefully they lose outright and draft in the top5. no more of drafting 20th or whatever.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
We probably finish with the 10th OA pick. I have a good feeling about the lottery this year though. No idea why.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
We probably finish with the 10th OA pick. I have a good feeling about the lottery this year though. No idea why.

I got a good feeling too about getting the lottry pick :)

But i think we finish 24th

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
march is brutal schedule. I think injuries pile up and we nose dive quite a bit that month. I guess our final spot in the standings depends on how bad other teams tank around us in comparison.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad