Predict the 15/16 Canucks final standings

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
rM9B9zJ.png

8I9IlzB.png

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Voted top 10 thinking it meant a top 10 selection. I stand by my prediction now though.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Low.

But just high enough to pick outside of a group of top tier prospects.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
My very optimistic prediction is them going 17-10-5 ending up with 90 points.

I don't think 90 points is gonna be good enough to make the playoffs but who knows with the very crappy Pacific division.
Feb 9th is missing yo

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
with regards to this season, i'm thinking the team will crack after the trade deadline but they'll go down swinging, unlike 2014. daniel and henrik will fall off but horvat will continue to demonstrate why he's the unequivocal heir to the captaincy, night-in-night-out. ben hutton is given more responsibility. (and thrives. we salivate.) hunter shinkaruk is given a short call-up and dunks all over our expectations (we salivate some more). we end up with a pick somewhere between 8 and 12. management does the Right Thing and drafts one of sergachev, juolevi or dubois. (ideally, they leverage the assets gained from trading hammer and vrbata at the TDL to acquire a pick in the teens, using it to draft one of fabbro or bean. (or achieve the same results by trading edler)) our first pick is a goddamn slam-dunk who makes the team out of training camp. voila. we win.

something like this

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
We ain't finishing 17-10-5...well hopefully not :laugh:

Between the rookies and sophomores starting to score, Marky Mark rounding into form, Miller getting injured again, Sutter getting into game shape and Hank coming back, I don't think 17-10-5 is outside the realms of possibility.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
To reach management's expectation of being a 100 point team while being better than last year's team, we would need to go 23-4-5 to reach 102.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Between the rookies and sophomores starting to score, Marky Mark rounding into form, Miller getting injured again, Sutter getting into game shape and Hank coming back, I don't think 17-10-5 is outside the realms of possibility.

Primary reason.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Haha, read the poll wrong. Thought the options referred to draft position, not standings. Assume the other two people who voted "top 10" did the same. My vote should have gone to 20-25, specifically if figure we will be somewhere between 22 (9th) and 24 (7th). With 50 games in the bag already I have no reason to believe the final 32 will be significantly different. We'll probably pick up between 30-34 points in the final 32 games finishing with 81-85 points, out of both the Pac div top 3 and the wildcard spots. Everyone is gushing about having Sutter and Hamhuis back but I think people are letting the long layoff blur their memories of these two players. Hamhuis was a train wreck before he got hurt, I can't imagine missing 2 months of hockey is going to suddenly make him play better. And Sutter is a solid player to get back but I don't recall him impacting games much in his first 16 games despite getting some high profile minutes on the Sedin line. He'll probably prevent them from being *really* bad but isn't going to propel them into a playoff spot either.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Haha, read the poll wrong. Thought the options referred to draft position, not standings. Assume the other two people who voted "top 10" did the same. My vote should have gone to 20-25, specifically if figure we will be somewhere between 22 (9th) and 24 (7th). With 50 games in the bag already I have no reason to believe the final 32 will be significantly different. We'll probably pick up between 30-34 points in the final 32 games finishing with 81-85 points, out of both the Pac div top 3 and the wildcard spots. Everyone is gushing about having Sutter and Hamhuis back but I think people are letting the long layoff blur their memories of these two players. Hamhuis was a train wreck before he got hurt, I can't imagine missing 2 months of hockey is going to suddenly make him play better. And Sutter is a solid player to get back but I don't recall him impacting games much in his first 16 games despite getting some high profile minutes on the Sedin line. He'll probably prevent them from being *really* bad but isn't going to propel them into a playoff spot either.

Shhhhhh, if the Canucks go on a 30 game winning streak imagine your bragging rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad