Speculation: Predict our 2018 lineup

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Whatcha think?

Rakell Getzlaf terry (from training camp the way they had getzlaf mentoring him I really think he will get a chance to start)
Kase Henrique perry
Ritchie Steel silf
Cogs Rowney gibbsons
Kossila
Roy
Rodin

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Montour
Pettersson Schenn
Larsson

Gibson
Miller

Last edited:

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Terry-Henrique-Kase
Cogs-Steel-Silf
Gibbons-Rowney-Sherwood

Lind-Manson
Fowler-Montour
Petterson-Schenn

Ritchie probably takes Gibbons spot if resigned

Reactions: JabbaJabba

TacoMatt

Aug 13, 2018
Whatcha think?

Rakell Getzlaf terry (from training camp the way they had getzlaf mentoring him I really think he will get a chance to start)
Kase Henrique perry
Ritchie Steel silf
Cogs Rowney gibbsons
Kossila
Roy
Rodin

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Montour
Pettersson Schenn
Larsson

Gibson
Miller

I think that is a pretty good call. I definitely seenon of kase or silfverberg playing left wing. I know they talked about silfverberg doing it this offseason, but I don’t think either have played left wing in training camp yet? I could be wrong on that though.

I’m going to go out on a limb a little more with my lineup:

Rakell - Getlaf - Terry
Cogs - Henrique- Silfverberg
Kase - Lundestrom - Perry
Gibbons - Rowney - Sherwood

47 - 42
4 - 26
28 - schenn

I would love to see a fourth line of Ritchie steel Sherwood, but that will never happen if I’m being honest with myself. I don’t see carlyle giving them enough minutes to warrant it.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I think that is a pretty good call. I definitely seenon of kase or silfverberg playing left wing. I know they talked about silfverberg doing it this offseason, but I don’t think either have played left wing in training camp yet? I could be wrong on that though.

I’m going to go out on a limb a little more with my lineup:

Rakell - Getlaf - Terry
Cogs - Henrique- Silfverberg
Kase - Lundestrom - Perry
Gibbons - Rowney - Sherwood

47 - 42
4 - 26
28 - schenn

I would love to see a fourth line of Ritchie steel Sherwood, but that will never happen if I’m being honest with myself. I don’t see carlyle giving them enough minutes to warrant it.
Yeah, my absolute dream is to run 4 balanced lines and be a matchup nightmare

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
I don't think they'll actually do it, but they should put Silfverberg with Getzlaf to inflate his point totals. If he gets traded at the deadline, which is looking increasingly likely, we can't have his point totals kept down by Kesler and Cogliano. I'd do something like this:

Rakell- Getzlaf- Silfverberg
Cogliano- Kesler- Kase
Ritchie- Henrique- Perry
Gibbons- Rowney- Blandisi

Rodin/Roy

Let Steel and Terry play in the AHL for a while.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
I don't think they'll actually do it, but they should put Silfverberg with Getzlaf to inflate his point totals. If he gets traded at the deadline, which is looking increasingly likely, we can't have his point totals kept down by Kesler and Cogliano. I'd do something like this:

Cogliano- Kesler- Kase
Ritchie- Henrique- Perry

Rodin/Roy

Poor Henrique

TacoMatt

Aug 13, 2018

Cogliano- Kesler- Kase
Ritchie- Henrique- Perry

Rodin/Roy

We’ve tried silfverberg with getzlaf on a number of occasions and it just doesn’t work. He doesn’t have the skill for it. Silfverberg is what he is. Excellent defensive forward, capable of handling 15+ minutes a game, who will consistently float around 20 goals and 40 points. Teams will pay quality assets for that type of player. He doesn’t need to be on pace for a 55 point season for us to get good value.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
People have Terry ahead of Kase on the depth chart? That would shock me if that happened in the next 2 years

Also Kase isn’t a LW. He’s never played there and and they have made no indication he will play there this season, unlike Silf

Reactions: Paul4587

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
People have Terry ahead of Kase on the depth chart? That would shock me if that happened in the next 2 years

Also Kase isn’t a LW. He’s never played there and and they have made no indication he will play there this season, unlike Silf

Lineups and depth charts aren't the same. I think people are putting Terry with Getzlaf due to them playing together in camp, and Kase with Henrique because of chemistry.

TacoMatt

Aug 13, 2018

Phil Kessel is on the third line for the penguins, but that doesn’t mean he is way down on the depth chart. Patrick Kane plays on the second line for the Blackhawks. What line you’re on doesn’t necessarily dictate where you stand on the depth chart. Sometimes teams just like to balance out the lines.

Also, I’m almost certain Kase has played LW at times over the course of the last two seasons. Not all the time but I’m fairly confident he has done it.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Whatcha think?

Kase Henrique perry
Ritchie Steel silf
Cogs Rowney gibbsons
Kossila
Roy
Rodin

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Montour
Pettersson Schenn
Larsson

Gibson
Miller
I could see that. Not sure about the 3rd pairing d or 4th besides cogs though. Just havent seen enough of them.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Lineup isnt depth chart but good point on Kase. I could see our top 9 as

Rakell Getz Terry
Ritchie Rico Kase
Silf Steel Perry

And if Ritchie hasnt progressed then move him to 4th and Cogs to Rico line. Cogliano and Kase would be blazing fast together and great on the forecheck. I like Steel with an elite playmaker like Perry and also with a defensive forward that still has some skill and a great shot in offensive zone. I could see scoring from all 3 of those lines.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kase has played both sides in other leagues and tournament's

TacoMatt

Aug 13, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks Lundestrom looks like a better player than steel?

Also pending Ritchie, a top 9 like this would be interesting:

Ritchie - getzlaf - terry

Rakell - henrique - Perry

Kase - Lundestrom/steel - silfverberg

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Phil Kessel is on the third line for the penguins, but that doesn’t mean he is way down on the depth chart. Patrick Kane plays on the second line for the Blackhawks. What line you’re on doesn’t necessarily dictate where you stand on the depth chart. Sometimes teams just like to balance out the lines.

Also, I’m almost certain Kase has played LW at times over the course of the last two seasons. Not all the time but I’m fairly confident he has done it.
I don’t remember him being there ever but I wasn’t able to watch one month of last season

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Am I the only one who thinks Lundestrom looks like a better player than steel?

Also pending Ritchie, a top 9 like this would be interesting:

Ritchie - getzlaf - terry

Rakell - henrique - Perry

Kase - Lundestrom/steel - silfverberg

From a physical standpoint he's probably ready already. But I'd hate to see the Ducks stress an 18 year old with his upside just because there's holes in the lineup. Lundestrom had 15 points in the SHL last season and was practically Luleas 3rd line center. Going from that role straight to the NHL is a big step. I'd prefer him to stay in the SHL for another year and take more offensive responsibility. Though with Kesler out, I can see him being given a cup of coffee before returning to Sweden. He also needs to work on his faceoff skills. His FO% with Lulea last season was only 40%. In the NHL that probably translates to 32-33%.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
From a physical standpoint he's probably ready already. But I'd hate to see the Ducks stress an 18 year old with his upside just because there's holes in the lineup. Lundestrom had 15 points in the SHL last season and was practically Luleas 3rd line center. Going from that role straight to the NHL is a big step. I'd prefer him to stay in the SHL for another year and take more offensive responsibility. Though with Kesler out, I can see him being given a cup of coffee before returning to Sweden. He also needs to work on his faceoff skills. His FO% with Lulea last season was only 40%. In the NHL that probably translates to 32-33%.

Also, would starting his ELC also potentially make him eligible for the next entry draft where he might be exempt if he waits a year or two?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell and getzlaf should never be separated. Period.
I dont mind it tbh
Ritchie getzlaf terry- unsigned ritchie maybe comtois gets a 9 game look

Rakell steel kase
Cogs henrique silf
Gibbons rawney perry

Lindholm manson
Fowler montour
Pettersson schenn/larsson

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Rakell - Getzlaf - Terry
Ritchie* - Henrique - Kase
Silfverberg - Steel - Perry
Gibbons/Blandisi - Rowney - Cogliano

* Could see one of Comtois (9 game look)/Kopacka/Fiore/Blandisi given a quick look here if Ritchie is still unsigned. Possibly could move Cogliano into that spot temporarily.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Also, would starting his ELC also potentially make him eligible for the next entry draft where he might be exempt if he waits a year or two?
The plan seems to be that Seattle's first season is 2020-2021, meaning players whose ELCs start this year and next would be exempt. Terry would seemingly be eligible though.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Lineup isnt depth chart but good point on Kase. I could see our top 9 as

Rakell Getz Terry
Ritchie Rico Kase
Silf Steel Perry

And if Ritchie hasnt progressed then move him to 4th and Cogs to Rico line. Cogliano and Kase would be blazing fast together and great on the forecheck. I like Steel with an elite playmaker like Perry and also with a defensive forward that still has some skill and a great shot in offensive zone. I could see scoring from all 3 of those lines.

I like this lineup a lot because it leaves Cogliano for the 4th line along with guys like Blandisi, Rowney, Gibbons and once healthy, Kesler and Eaves. That 4th line could be the defensive line Carlyle wants while the other three can focus more on scoring goals. Of course, for that lineup to work it requires Terry and Steel being ready, and Perry playing better. And it would be great if Richie progresses.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Pretty surprising if the big man (hitting thang) Rithcie ain't signed for y'all soon. He an important part of the puzzle. Seeing this lineup. I hope for the best for the big man. :clap: Go y'all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad