Predict Leicester City's season

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Losing Kante hurts, but I like the guys they have picked up. Mahrez staying will go a long way to helping them do well also, but I still went with top 7 as I don't think they will be able to repeat to finish top 4 again with the way other clubs have improved.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Top-7.

No Kante. No more surprises. Maybe not so much luck with injuries and maybe not so many refs buying Vardy's antics and giving them a record 15 penalties.

Also, I'd expect ManU and Chelsea to finish ahead of them.

Way I see it:
Man City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Chelsea

ManU
Leicester
West Ham
Liverpool

Obviously, depending on how the transfer window finishes, could be some changes, but I would be shocked if Leicester managed to mount a proper title challenge this season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They'll finish a lot lower than that. Can't possibly replace Mahrez when he leaves, and the extra games they play will take a major toll.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Mendy, though not as good as Kanté, is a clever replacement.

Daniel Amartey will probably be used more as well. He's a pretty promising young player. I also like the addition of Ahmed Musa, but we'll see how he does.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well, only until they get knocked out though.

The CL group stage alone impacts six weeks a season. 12 league games a season. For a team without a big squad and without experience of playing that many games, it makes things very difficult for them.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I say bottom half. They should basically just forfeit in CL. An advancement to the round of 16 could guarantee the bottom half of the table.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I say bottom half. They should basically just forfeit in CL. An advancement to the round of 16 could put them in the bottom half of the table.

It would be a miracle if they made it to the RD of 16...being the bottom half of the table would probably be worth it.

I stand with my prediction of their chances in the CL from earlier in the summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Leicester will be in pot 1, right? They could very well go through.

But if yesterday's game is any indication, they get blown out once they face the big guns.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hard to make Champions League or EPL predictions before the draw is released and the transfer window ends, respectively.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Hard to make Champions League or EPL predictions before the draw is released and the transfer window ends, respectively.

agreed

althouogh I am going to say midtable they are good enough for top10 but losing Kante is tough not to mention Vardy, Huth, Morgan, ect.. are all a year older and a bit slower. It was a one-off thing that I am grateful to see but it won't happen again with their current roster without marhez. If marhez does stay then maybe they can push for 6th/7th.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Baring any insane additions by them, I think they'll be about a mid table team.

They have limited depth overall, so the extra CL fixtures (even if it's just straight group stage and out) will cost them points. In addition, Kante is a big loss based on the role he played and it's hard to imagine Vardy repeating his 20+goal performance.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
7-10. Teams got better, injuries are inevitable, can't expect Chelsea to under perform again, more games due to Champions league. They won't catch teams by surprise this year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They're probably going to regret not selling Mahrez when he gets injured anyways two weeks into the season

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00