Lubo Visnovsky - 11 points - 24 gp
TJ Brennan - 0 points --
Griffin Reinhart - 0 points --

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
23-30 for me. I think he gets approximately 50 games and finishes between 25-30 points with that amount of games.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The guy is a winner. Hopefully they realize it in the brain trust, and keep him with the big club.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
I think he'll get more than half a season and score similar to his .63 ppg production from his 22 games and get north of 30 pts.

It's exciting to have both Lee and Nelson, both with size and are already figuring out how to use it. Hope the staff knows how to use them this year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Like many other guys, depends where he is actually playing. I have him between 23-30 with an increase in time with the Isles from last season.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I am bullish on Lee. Guy as hands and love him along the boards.

I think he will continue to grow and surprise especially when a couple of current players are moved and a spot is found for him top 9 LW.

35-40 points.

michaelrc51

Jul 6, 2011
I don't know how anyone can watch him play and not want him up with the club this year. Just look how effective he is in front of the net. Look at that one highlight where Phaneuf and Gunnerson are all over him and he still finds a way to get the puck in the net.
Also, he knows what to do on a 2 on 1.
I hope he can find a spot on the team. If he plays all season I say 40+ points.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
I am bullish on Lee. Guy as hands and love him along the boards.

I think he will continue to grow and surprise especially when a couple of current players are moved and a spot is found for him top 9 LW.

35-40 points.

I'm also bullish on Lee. At first, I didn't want to get suckered into thinking, "He scored nine goals in 22 games...he's can be our next Matt Moulson!" line of thinking. Even if he doesn't sustain that scoring pace, he gives us a lot of size, and his fancy statistics suggest that his scoring run wasn't at the expense of playing a solid defensive game. He was a much more well-rounded player this season compared to the player he was when he got his cup of coffee in 2013.

Edit: Here's a link to a video of Lee wearing down a defender on Strome's 5-on-3 goal vs. Vancouver. His size is helpful even when he doesn't show up on the scoring sheet. http://islanders.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020974

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
If he gets decent playing time with Frans and Grabs like I hope, I don't see why 23-15-38 is out of the question. Especially if he gets PP time.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I'm also bullish on Lee. At first, I didn't want to get suckered into thinking, "He scored nine goals in 22 games...he's can be our next Matt Moulson!" line of thinking. Even if he doesn't sustain that scoring pace, he gives us a lot of size, and his fancy statistics suggest that his scoring run wasn't at the expense of playing a solid defensive game. He was a much more well-rounded player this season compared to the player he was when he got his cup of coffee in 2013.

Edit: Here's a link to a video of Lee wearing down a defender on Strome's 5-on-3 goal vs. Vancouver. His size is helpful even when he doesn't show up on the scoring sheet. http://islanders.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020974

Size is big (pardon the pun)....I think he can be an 18g/18a guy certainly. I like his hands and his nose in front of the net.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Bump based on the DobberHockey article last week:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Geek-of-the-Week/geek-of-the-week-anders-lee

Excerpt:

Is Islanders forward Anders Lee this season's Radko Gudas?

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: draft time. Not coincidentally it is the most important time of year to be taking advantage of tools like Fantasy Hockey Geek to secure yourself an April payday. I just finished up the first of my four (or maybe five) fantasy hockey drafts with my first crack at a salary-cap dynasty league. It was in this draft that I found today’s Geek of the Week: Anders Lee.

At GoTW, we always like to use Fantasy Hockey Geek to help us identify players who provide better value to their fantasy hockey GMs than what is perceived by the general public. All 60 point players are not created equal and knowing the difference from player to player is what wins you leagues. What can be even more fun though, is identifying the up and comer prior to your competition. We did exactly that by bringing you Radko Gudas last September and he hit it out of the park for us. Anders Lee might not be quite as under-the-radar as Gudas was but it does look like there is still an opportunity to get ahead of the curve on him.

Where Lee really caught my eye, was on Fantasy Hockey Geek when I ran the numbers for the new Salary Cap dynasty league I am in. I’ll be honest, Anders Lee wasn’t really on my radar before going through this exercise, I was thinking more along the lines of Strome and Nelson for Islanders youth. I was admittedly behind the curve when it came to Lee but the FHG results speak for themselves:

(10 team Fantrax league 4xC, 4xRW, 4xLW, 7xD, 3xG. Cats: G, A, ESP, PPP, SOG, Hits. Numbers are Dobber’s 2014-15 predictions from the guide)

Rank Name G A ESP PPP SOG Hits
151 Anders Lee 20 20 35 5 219 165

You can see above that Lee is predicted to be the 151st most valuable player in that league and at a cap hit under $2million bucks that’s quite a steal! I’m not going to overstate Lee as a world beater but considering he is 1% owned currently, he is a very serviceable depth player (especially in cap leagues) who you can get late and who has some upside. FHG calculates him as providing more value than other higher ticket players such as Teddy Purcell, Paul Stastny and Ales Hemsky. How can Anders Lee potentially have more value than these big names?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

I don't know how they would justify sending him down and keeping Conacher up unless he ballsed it up in camp. If anything you send Conacher down hoping someone takes him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad