Post-Game Talk: Predators vs SATAN!! Valentines Day - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I never said anything about Smith, but I did say Cullen needed to pick up the pace or GTFO. He played a good game. Hopefully he can continue.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
Couldn't watch the game tonight due to work. How did the third line look with Forsberg?

He looked dominant, Calle and Beck will probably ajust to playing with him after a few practices, twice Forsberg deked himself into open space only to have Jarnkrok or Beck be right on top of him. That line had some really solid chances so I'm all for the change. Besides he still logged his normal 17min TOI. My biggest worry was we would see his TOI drop down into the 12-13min range. I'd say that his line was more of the 2nd line and Fisher was closer to the 3rd.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Lady had early shift at the hospital and V-Day last night, so couldn't watch the game. Just scoped the condensed version on GCL.

Cast+Away.png

Nice game from Smith too imo; as I said earlier, I think he's been largely pretty good outside of some headscratching turnovers.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
so we have our various GDT mainstays, but is anyone else got a superstition they are "doing" during our current win streak?

Ive been using the same coffee mug every day (rinsed out of course) since the morning of the Rangers game...

like the Bud Light commercial says... its only weird if it doesn't work :yo:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Current Three Stars Standings:

Name | TM | GM | 1STR | 2STR | 3STR | STP
Rinne, Pekka|NAS|16|6|5|5|33
Forsberg, Filip|NAS|15|6|4|5|31
Wilson, Colin|NAS|9|5|2|2|21
Neal, James|NAS|9|4|3|2|20
Weber, Shea|NAS|8|4|2|2|18
Smith, Craig|NAS|7|4|2|1|17
Ribeiro, Mike|NAS|7|2|4|1|15
Josi, Roman|NAS|6|2|2|2|12
Fisher, Mike|NAS|6|0|2|4|8
Cullen, Matt|NAS|3|1|2|0|7
Ellis, Ryan|NAS|3|1|1|1|6
Hutton, Carter|NAS|3|1|0|2|5
Gaustad, Paul|NAS|2|1|0|1|4
Jones, Seth|NAS|2|0|1|1|3
Beck, Taylor|NAS|1|1|0|0|3
Bourque, Gabriel|NAS|1|0|1|0|2
Salomaki, Miikka|NAS|1|0|1|0|2
Volchenkov, Anton|NAS|1|0|1|0|2
Jokinen, Olli*|NAS|1|0|0|1|1
Nystrom, Eric|NAS|1|0|0|1|1
Santorelli, Mike**|TOR|1|0|0|1|1

NOTE: Only one player - Vladimir Tarasenko of the Blues (2 #2 stars, 4 points) has been selected for more than one "star of the game" in Pred games this season.
* - No longer with team.
** - Named #3 star of the game in one game vs. Nashville (2/3/2015).

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Everybody is focused on our offensive lines but I'm more focused on the defense. Can we get rid of Bitetto? Not liking his play. Can't wait for Ellis to get back into the lineup.

Bitetto has played well in Milwaukee up to about 2 weeks ago. Then Nashville calls him up while he is in a slump defensively. Blame Fenton for really bad timing.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It was a case of necessity more than 'want' tbh.

Nashville would have done better to call up Piskula! He has been our best D-man this season and has played 12 NHL games. Aronson has been a surprise this season in how big a jump he has made in playing ability after spending last season at Cincinnati.

This is yet another case of Nashville mishandling their prospects. It reminds me of the Trotz days, where they would take the hot scorer from Milwaukee and have him play 2 shifts a period on the 4th line. Then send him down after a game or two because he isn't a grinder. I have seen a lot of stupidity from Nashville over the years. This is just some more.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Nashville would have done better to call up Piskula! He has been our best D-man this season and has played 12 NHL games. Aronson has been a surprise this season in how big a jump he has made in playing ability after spending last season at Cincinnati.

This is yet another case of Nashville mishandling their prospects. It reminds me of the Trotz days, where they would take the hot scorer from Milwaukee and have him play 2 shifts a period on the 4th line. Then send him down after a game or two because he isn't a grinder. I have seen a lot of stupidity from Nashville over the years. This is just some more.

ummm didn't Piskula get hurt at the same time as the call up? And regarding the mishandling of prospects here, not sure what you are referring to in this situation. In the past maybe, but now, I'm confused.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I have to say the one complaint I have is how soft we played last night.

I love the line mix ups, and with the SOG stat, the boys really responded as well.

But I can't recall how many times the Defills were just allowed free skating through the neutral zone and in the corners. I don't like us not being a checking team when we need to be.

Nostalgia, Tootoo didn't look to have aged a day. Still out there being a bowling ball.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
ummm didn't Piskula get hurt at the same time as the call up? And regarding the mishandling of prospects here, not sure what you are referring to in this situation. In the past maybe, but now, I'm confused.

Calling up the D-man who is in slump at the AHL level. How do you think he was going to do at the NHL level?

I could be wrong, but I think that Bitetto has some kind of injury. His range and speed on the ice has been reduced. He seems to tire easier than usual towards the end of his shifts. The last 10 or 15 seconds he looks out of gas. I assume that Nashville employs some person to watch the Admirals. They are missing something that I, as a mere fan with 1/2 STX can see.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom

Well we have still won games with Bitteto playing spot-minutes in the lineup and the NHL experience will be invaluable to him.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Well we have still won games with Bitteto playing spot-minutes in the lineup and the NHL experience will be invaluable to him.

If I am correct, he will be playing hurt in the NHL against bigger, stronger, faster forwards. I hope that his career doesn't come to a premature end.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
In response to Voldy's question about superstitions, I have a gold knit Preds hat that I have worn or brought to the games for a while. It did not however work in Detroit, so it may not work at away games. I did not go to the ducks or rangers game either.

We were very sloppy with the puck again last night. Some of it may be due to the line juggling, but that has to get cleaned up or Pekka will be seeing a lot more shots.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Calling up the D-man who is in slump at the AHL level. How do you think he was going to do at the NHL level?

I could be wrong, but I think that Bitetto has some kind of injury. His range and speed on the ice has been reduced. He seems to tire easier than usual towards the end of his shifts. The last 10 or 15 seconds he looks out of gas. I assume that Nashville employs some person to watch the Admirals. They are missing something that I, as a mere fan with 1/2 STX can see.

Who else was there to call up that wasn't a total rookie in the AHL? Piksula was out, therefore they called up the next experienced player.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Who else was there to call up that wasn't a total rookie in the AHL? Piksula was out, therefore they called up the next experienced player.

I would have gone with Aronson for a game or two to fill the gap.

I am sure that some D-man will come back from injury for the Preds.

There are always injuries in hockey. It is just odd that so many D-man are hurt at the same time.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I would have gone with Aronson for a game or two to fill the gap.

I am sure that some D-man will come back from injury for the Preds.

There are always injuries in hockey. It is just odd that so many D-man are hurt at the same time.

Well with today's trade, I guess you don't have to worry about Bitetto.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Are you guys going to be able to make it to Tuesday's game? I hear Nashville could be in store for 8+ inches of snow and possibly a foot.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Are you guys going to be able to make it to Tuesday's game? I hear Nashville could be in store for 8+ inches of snow and possibly a foot.

I plan to be there--will probably depend on whether my husband can drive me since I am not the best driver on dry asphalt, much less wet or frozen. I'm thinking of everyone else, here. I remember the year we played Atlanta on my birthday (2010?) there was 3-4 inches of ice on the interstate and I got to sit on the glass as a result. That was fun. There were more people than I expected. We die hards can be very difficult to keep away.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Considering I live 6 miles from downtown and work downtown, I'll be there. The fun part will be getting home afterwards after anything that melts starts to re-freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad