Post-Game Talk: Predators vs SATAN!! Valentines Day - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
There's been many, many times during this cold streak that Smith has set Forsberg or Ribs up in prime position and they failed to score. Nobody's pointing that out or congratulating him for the setup. There's been times he dug the puck out, got it to the D, and after a D-to-D pass Forsberg has scored. On the scoresheet, it looks like he wasn't even on the ice.

These 'occurrences' you speak of are far more rare than you let on... I've watched all of Forsy's shifts this year, and I can't recall that happening once.

Smith is not a 1st liner, and his presence on the ice is much more of a detriment than a positive. It's boggled my mind in the past when I've read him being spoken of highly on this board with regularity. He messes up nearly every play he's involved in, and (justifiably) frustrates the hell out of Forsberg. He has the vision of a blind man; entire games go by where he can't place a single pass on a teammates stick. I'm not a 'Preds fan', or that of any one team (I just like hockey), but if I were, I'd be praying for a trade or a season ending injury. The guy just doesn't 'get it'... and playing him with Forsberg is some type of cruel joke... you know, like putting Forberg with Beck & Jarnkrok.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
These 'occurrences' you speak of are far more rare than you let on... I've watched all of Forsy's shifts this year, and I can't recall that happening once.

Smith is not a 1st liner, and his presence on the ice is much more of a detriment than a positive. It's boggled my mind in the past when I've read him being spoken of highly on this board with regularity. He messes up nearly every play he's involved in, and (justifiably) frustrates the hell out of Forsberg. He has the vision of a blind man; entire games go by where he can't place a single pass on a teammates stick. I'm not a 'Preds fan', or that of any one team (I just like hockey), but if I were, I'd be praying for a trade or a season ending injury. The guy just doesn't 'get it'... and playing him with Forsberg is some type of cruel joke... you know, like putting Forberg with Beck & Jarnkrok.

Smith and Forsberg are apples & oranges. Smith is more the blue-collar guy that makes things happen just from his relentlessness not necessarily because he is extremely talented. Forsberg is the skilled, precision guy that makes things happen because he's just that good. Those 2 do not need to be anywhere near each other on the ice because I can see that the way the other plays only serves to throw the other one off the game that comes naturally to him. Smith is really just a more talented Bourque, which although is not a bad thing to have, is quite a few notches down from a player like Forsberg talent-wise.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

Sorry, but it has happened.

I don't think anyone claimed he was a first liner.

But your theory is that the Nashville coaches are too stupid to see the steaming pile of garbage that is Craig Smith? And David Poile is as well, since he passed up an opportunity to trade him away today? Then again, perhaps he tried and Toronto refused and demanded Ollie Jokinen instead.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I would say most of our forwards are good or have good qualities to their game. It's just about putting the right forwards together to draw out those qualities. Imo Smith just doesn't fit well w/ Forsberg and Ribeiro. Imo I think Neal fits better w/ Forsberg and Ribeiro. I think Smith fits better w/ a player like Cullen. Fisher seems to fit better w/ Wilson. Get those guys w/ people/teammates they fit better w/ and all our lines have a chance to be successful.

Last edited:

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
But your theory is that the Nashville coaches are too stupid to see the steaming pile of garbage that is Craig Smith? And David Poile is as well, since he passed up an opportunity to trade him away today? Then again, perhaps he tried and Toronto refused and demanded Ollie Jokinen instead.

I don't have a theory. But yeah, considering that I've always felt P.L. was a pretty good coach, this has left me scratching my head on occasion. These last few weeks, my scalp hasn't stopped bleeding. Though we don't really know anything about these guys' personalities, how they are in the dressing room, etc... there may be more to Lav's thinking than just how they play together. I'm really reaching here precisely because I don't want to think they're that stupid...

I also don't like Ribeiro's game... at all. But at least he has inspired moments, that when they work, you forgive him for the other 97%.

From all I've seen this year (which is everything), the obvious line to me (where everybody compliments each other) would be Forsberg-Fischer-Neal. I'll probably be grey before I get to see it though, at this rate.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
While I don't like the idea of Forsberg being on the third line he did drive that line all by himself and made it look like a real threatening line. With Santorelli being added I wonder what PL will do now. Farsberg with Santorelli and Jarnkrok could be very dangerous as a third line without question.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not getting on the road at all, live south of the arena ... 8 South/Melrose

Not today, not sure if I will be able to get to work tomorrow. Just went out to the car to get something and the car doors were frozen shut. I was finally able to get them open, but if they were frozen shut this early on, I can only imagine what it will be like tomorrow morning at 6AM. The positives, I can work from home as long as I have internet, although if the ice is like that, hopefully they will close us tomorrow. Last year when we had that icy day and my doors were frozen shut, they closed us. Oh and I should say, I'm thankful today was a Paid Holiday.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Not today, not sure if I will be able to get to work tomorrow. Just went out to the car to get something and the car doors were frozen shut. I was finally able to get them open, but if they were frozen shut this early on, I can only imagine what it will be like tomorrow morning at 6AM. The positives, I can work from home as long as I have internet, although if the ice is like that, hopefully they will close us tomorrow. Last year when we had that icy day and my doors were frozen shut, they closed us. Oh and I should say, I'm thankful today was a Paid Holiday.

I actually broke the door handle on my car once. It was only later I learned you need to "booty-bump" the door to break the ice.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't have a theory. But yeah, considering that I've always felt P.L. was a pretty good coach, this has left me scratching my head on occasion. These last few weeks, my scalp hasn't stopped bleeding. Though we don't really know anything about these guys' personalities, how they are in the dressing room, etc... there may be more to Lav's thinking than just how they play together. I'm really reaching here precisely because I don't want to think they're that stupid...

I also don't like Ribeiro's game... at all. But at least he has inspired moments, that when they work, you forgive him for the other 97%.

From all I've seen this year (which is everything), the obvious line to me (where everybody compliments each other) would be Forsberg-Fischer-Neal. I'll probably be grey before I get to see it though, at this rate.

OK, for someone who claims they have seen "EVERYTHING" you obviously mssed the back of FISHER'S jersey...

and are you really saying that you have seen EVERYTHING and that 97% of what Ribeiro has done has been bad enough to need forgiving?? Forgive me if I question your hockey acumen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad