GDT: Predators vs. Flames, November 7 @ 7:00 MST

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Unless you loosely consider the shitter a bench and Sutter calling him on it

:sarcasm:
I really think that's the moment where Sutter lost Huby. Sutter can be a bit crass in his humor and Huby doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. So even though Sutter was distracting from a clear injury, Huberdeau didn't like it.

Reactions: Tofveve

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Huberdeau lookin like Sam Bankman-fried with all this 30 year old man “I can change” talk

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
ryan-gosling-thumbs-up.gif

Rebuild is cancelled. There is no stopping us now.

Good game. Kadri line was great tonight. Zary is looking like something. Something good. Love to see it.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I really think that's the moment where Sutter lost Huby. Sutter can be a bit crass in his humor and Huby doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. So even though Sutter was distracting from a clear injury, Huberdeau didn't like it.

I agree.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Even more important than the win is that Zary seems to be the first Flame to have legit chemistry with Kadri. And Sharangovich is working there too. That's huge. Now if just we can get Lindy going. I love Zary

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really like Danielle Michaud, she's one of the better SN personalities IMO.

Even more important than the win is that Zary seems to be the first Flame to have legit chemistry with Kadri. And Sharangovich is working there too. That's huge. Now if just we can get Lindy going
I really want to try Backs between Huby and Lindholm, I think it could work.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I really like Danielle Michaud, she's one of the better SN personalities IMO.

I really want to try Backs between Huby and Lindholm, I think it could work.
Fair, but I'm a bit hesitant to break up Pospisil-Backlund-Coleman. Feel like that line provides so much stability for us. But worth it to try that and get Huberdeau going

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Zary got kadri out of hes funk, whose gonna get huberdeau outa hes? Whens pelts back
Pelts is not back for a while, I think January is absolute best case scenario.

Also Kadri got himself out of it IMO, he was also good in the HC and scoring in that game got the monkey off his back.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Seriously, we need to get Huberdeau going if we want to make the playoffs

You can’t hustle forever
But this implies that it’s possible for Huberdeau to get going. I honestly don’t know if it is.

On a similar note, I really like that Huska noticed that our young guys were our most dynamic players and that he let them finish off the 3rd at the expense of Huberdeau. We need to accept that Huberdeau might not even be a consistent top-6 forward and that we can win without him. Big steps forward tonight.

Even if we don’t keep this up, I think this confirms that we need to commit to the youth and go from there. Next up has got to be Wolf

Reactions: joescores

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Honestly the team might be better off if he's scratched. He doesn't fit with how this team wants to play or the players on it. They need to get creative and find a similar terrible contract or two to exchange him for.
Yeah they need to trade him if they can’t use him

Nobody can afford a 10.5M bench

We got some break tonight but it’s obvious the lack of scoring.

But this implies that it’s possible for Huberdeau to get going. I honestly don’t know if it is.

On a similar note, I really like that Huska noticed that our young guys were our most dynamic players and that he let them finish off the 3rd at the expense of Huberdeau. We need to accept that Huberdeau might not even be a consistent top-6 forward and that we can win without him. Big steps forward tonight.

Even if we don’t keep this up, I think this confirms that we need to commit to the youth and go from there. Next up has got to be Wolf
I don’t know but that would be a historical drop if he can’t get going. It’s already kinda is.

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Two wins is technically a streak. Thought the Flames played well, finally developing some chemistry in this frankensteined together roster. Nice persistence to comeback after giving up 2 in the first. Last year's team would have folded.

Really good -
Sharangovich was excellent. Using his hands and speed, picking off passes, creating opportunities for his linemates. Liked him for that before the trade, more of that plz.
His whole line was good, Kadri doing that line driving thing he does when he's good. Coming back deep in the DZ, being open for an outlet. Good to see him get rewarded with some pts.
Zary is the guy who gets it over their blueline with control and can make those in tight plays in zone. Liked his forechecking and quick decisions a lot.
Coleman was also quality tonight, nice shot for the goal and checked really well.
Thought Hanifin was our best defender again good to see him finally start to score some goals.
Zadorov and Weegar were on their game tonight too.

Good -
Markstrom, not a lot of work and can't really put the two GA on him at all.
Dube decent game from the Doobler. When he's moving his feet like that he's a + for this team.
DeSimone has quietly been very solid since getting put into the lineup. Good puckmover. I know he's not our guy because he's not a drafted prospect and is older but he's been the Wranglers #1D for a reason. Little slow getting to his man on the 1st GA.
Backlund, all over the Preds top players like white on rice.
Tanev, kind of slow seems unsure of where to put pucks but I liked his battle
Andersson mostly good, can't say I like him much on the PP tho. Just never seems to know what to do.

Not bad-
Ruzicka was alright in his return, got promoted/changed with Dube after the 1st. Kept to the perimeter too much and had some turnovers.
Pospisil had a nice rush, cpl fumbles and poor passes. Like his size and speed. Good defensively.
Greer, typical 4th line W game from him. Threw some hits, took some shots, had a breakaway maybe?

Wanted more -
Lindy do you want to be here? Because you're not playing like it tbh. He's not completely throwing in the towel or anything but man, not seeing a lot of second efforts from the guy. That's when he's most effective is when he's digging in and creating off of hard work.
Duehr, fading some. In danger of coming out of the lineup IMO

Benched-
Hubes man, I just don't know what we do with you. He actually put in some nice shifts, was skating and carrying the puck. Trying to be less stationary. But several bad turnovers where he's just easily pinched off and two instances where he can't make a play on the PP killed the mojo. He didn't get benched on this game alone, he knows he's got to be better. Will see how he responds, because honestly as a Flames fan it's starting to really drag. This team needs you man. Show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad