Seravalli: Predators shopping Askarov, possibly going to Montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Askarov > Reinbacher

Very subjective.

Askarov's AHL stats are no better than Primeau. Of course I'd value Askarov over Primeau but goalies are very hard to project. There are very few goalies who can be top 10 in the NHL for 5+ years. You're pegging him as one of them like people did with Hart and Knight.

No way I would trade Reinbacher for Askarov. Reinbacher could disapoint but Askarov has done nothing since turning pro to indicate he is the next Price or Vasi

Then Montreal is definitely out of the question

Preds are not getting a star center for Askarov. It was a nice try but a reach. It's like saying the Ducks would trade Zegras for him. :facepalm:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Watching Askarov play I am confident in his ability to say his value will be higher next year. Athletically he is gifted, his play is fearless, and his personality is endearing. I question the level of coaching and development he got before he came to Milwaukee. We have Rinne now in the coaching pipeline for goalie development and a historically strong goalie development pathway. All that to say, there isn't a reason to move him at this point if we aren't blown away or getting back something we haven't been able to acquire on our own. I want to see him with a full off season here and another year of AHL games. I have high expectations for him.

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Probably to move up into the top 5.
Confirmed it was to SJ for 4th overall. Other than that scenario, I still think it would require massive overpayment and he is still, for all intents and purposes, off the table

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Confirmed it was to SJ for 4th overall. Other than that scenario, I still think it would require massive overpayment and he is still, for all intents and purposes, off the table
With nashville buying out Duchene they aren’t trading him unless a young stud center comes back in the trade.

bam09

Jan 19, 2008
Trotz is showing to be very shrewd. Attempting to sell high on a goaltending prospect is smart. Their success at the next level has much to do with the team in front of them.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
The 1st round of the NHL draft is now a thing of the past. Kent Hughes has set his sights on David Reinbacher, and fans are frustrated; they would have preferred Matvei Michkov.

It's hard to understand how the Habs could turn their nose up at such a talented youngster, but we know that David Reinbacher was really their choice all along.

Hughes could have fallen back in the standings, but the Coyotes would have selected the young Austrian. Hughes even turned down some monster offers to make sure he didn't lose his pick.

So, in a nutshell, here are the two trade offers Kent Hughes would have turned down to select David Reinbacher instead.

Detroit's:

Pick #9 + Pick #17 + young defenseman or young goalie, for David Reinbacher.

Nashville's:

Pick #15 + Pick #24 + Yaroslav Askarov, vs. David Reinbacher.

With this kind of offer turned down, we can see beyond any doubt that the CH really does hold the defenseman in high regard. Let's hope they don't regret it.

Ya not good enough.:sarcasm:

Nobody realy knows whats was on the table. This is 100% speculation

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad