Predators raise a "Regular Season Western Conference Champions" banner....

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014

Not a good look at all especially to do it like they did similar to a jersey retirement or ahem...a Stanley Cup Banner.

It's a young expansion franchise with no history or numbers to retire. Let them raise banners. When they have 5+ stanley cups, they can take some regular season banners down.

Take it from a habs fan, there's room for PLENTY of banners up there.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Still better than Montreal expected ceremony to honor 92-93 Cup team or if you prefer 25 years without a cup.
I'm not sure what's wrong with you. After 25 years of futility, it's actually nice for the fans to applaud the last hockey players in Montreal that knew how to win it all. Montreal is definitely in the nostalgia business.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Still less embarrassing than an All-Star game, at least this was accomplished against real competition.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
So Vegas and Nashville now both have 2018 Western Conference Championship banners?

The Predators need to take that down. It's embarrassing.

What should be even more embarrassing was they dressed their convicted domestic abuser and trotted him out on the ice in the middle of his suspension for the "ceremony" :thumbd:

Reactions: Sam Spade

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Somehow the Pens never get grief for these

img-2337181-f.jpg
Cause they're awesome. They'd get grief if they were eastern conference top scorer banners

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I don't see why fans get all butthurt over the quality of a banner being raised.

An accomplishment is an accomplishment.

I mean I'm not into ceremonies at all and don't think they should ever be over 2-5 minutes long but I don't get all triggered when they do a ceremony and hand out bronze medals at the Olympics.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Definitely

They raised three. President's Trophy banner (deserved) Central Division champs (deserved) and Western Conference Regular Season champs (lol?)
Aren't the second two givens after the first? What's the point other than to invite mockery.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I don’t own the team but I would have hung one banner with all 3 accomplishments on it.
The presidents trophy banner alone speaks for the "three" accomplishments. You can't win that trophy without first winning your division as well as your conference (regular season).

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
At least they won a Cup. Many teams will have reuion ceremonies for Cup winning teams. It’s a 31 team league, Cups don’t come by often and easily. Droughts will be expected.

However, raising a banner for a regular a Conference championship, is a loser move and embarrassing to say the least. Talk about low expectations...

Last edited:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
At least they won a Cup. Many teams will have reuion ceremonies for Cuo winning teams. It’s a 31 team league, Cups don’t come by often and easily. Droughts will be expected.

However, raising a banner for a regular season Conference, is a loser move and embarrassing to say the least. Talk about low expectations...

I wish I lived in your timeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad