Friedman: Predators likely to extend Novak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I imagine if he was "available" there would be a lot of interest in him but he's likely worth more than any realistic return you'd get.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Surprised he would want to stay, TBH. Nashville seem to never give him the ice time or PP time he deserves, yet he keeps producing considering. We could guarantee him second line minutes and 1st line PP in Montreal! Several other weaker NHL teams could too.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I imagine if he was "available" there would be a lot of interest in him but he's likely worth more than any realistic return you'd get.
we would probably be getting a 1st for him.
Surprised he would want to stay, TBH. Nashville seem to never give him the ice time or PP time he deserves, yet he keeps producing considering. We could guarantee him second line minutes and 1st line PP in Montreal! Several other weaker NHL teams could too.
why would he want to live in Canada and take home like 30% of his salary and be in winter 9 months of the year?

In nashville he gets a world class city, good work / life balance (light media scrutiny) , no income tax, golf 10 months of the year, beautiful women, elite southern culture

why would someone leave that to go to Montreal lmao?

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
No offense to Montreal or the weaker teams but he'd have a better shot at competing with a team who has Saros, Josi, Forsberg and O'Reilly currently.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He got 15:16 on Saturday and 2:27 on the PP. ROR comparatively got 16:04 and 2:36 on the PP. That ain't that bad for a guy who isn't known for being all that good defensively nor at faceoffs.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019

why would he want to live in Canada and take home like 30% of his salary and be in winter 9 months of the year?

In nashville he gets a world class city, good work / life balance (light media scrutiny) , no income tax, golf 10 months of the year, beautiful women, elite southern culture

Bro if you think Nashville is a "world-class city" more so than Montreal you really need to get out of Tennessee and travel

Reactions: wmupreds

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005

What a dumb and uneducated statement as obviously you have never been to Montreal...

Montreal is a world class city also, and it is not 9 months of winter. Is the weather better in Nashville, yes, main reason not to play in Montreal, No.

Some people thrive in being an idol/icon in a hockey mad city.

Beautiful women, oh boy, go to Montreal....

And there are ways around the tax issue.

Elite culture, have you seen every single ranking of favourite NHL cities for players to visit?

Get your head out of the sand, and get a passport.

Reactions: The Puckhound

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Bro if you think Nashville is a "world-class city" more so than Montreal you really need to get out of Tennessee and travel
I went to hockey camp In Quebec for a few years... Montreal aint got shit on Nashville...QC is a beautiful city in the same aspect as Charleston or Savannah, but unless I was a Francophone Canadian, I wouldn't want to live there ...esp with those taxes and govt regulation

What a dumb and uneducated statement as obviously you have never been to Montreal...

Montreal is a world class city also, and it is not 9 months of winter. Is the weather better in Nashville, yes, main reason not to play in Montreal, No.

Some people thrive in being an idol/icon in a hockey mad city.

Beautiful women, oh boy, go to Montreal....

And there are ways around the tax issue.

Elite culture, have you seen every single ranking of favourite NHL cities for players to visit?

Get your head out of the sand, and get a passport.
you've never been to a SEC school on a Gameday... Montreal Women eat horsemeat..nuff said

Yea I have re most desirable road trip city... Its Vegas #1 Nashville #2... Newsflash to those in Quebec... Montreal is a largely anonymous city outside of your own country.

• Haha
Reactions: Craig Ludwig

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
I went to hockey camp In Quebec for a few years... Montreal aint got shit on Nashville...QC is a beautiful city in the same aspect as Charleston or Savannah, but unless I was a Francophone Canadian, I wouldn't want to live there ...esp with those taxes and govt regulation

you've never been to a SEC school on a Gameday... Montreal Women eat horsemeat..nuff said

Yea I have re most desirable road trip city... Its Vegas #1 Nashville #2... Newsflash to those in Quebec... Montreal is a largely anonymous city outside of your own country.
Let's just end this here. The poor grammar, the ignorant attitude, the ranking of Vegas as your #1 city... it all paints a picture and I know what I need to know about you lol

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He's pending UFA so guessing something like $6.0mx5 - maybe less cause Nashville & taxes.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He's pending UFA so guessing something like $6.0mx5 - maybe less cause Nashville & taxes.
Hoping it's closer to 5 x 4 but I don't blame him if he doesn't take much of a discount. It's his first chance to make some bigger money and he kind of signed early and cheap last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad