Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

5rvX6fF.gif

6isNvWl.jpg

PREDATORS (44-29-4) vs. DEVILS (37-36-4)

Head-to-Head

This is the second and final meeting between the Devils and Predators this season.

The two clubs met previously on Feb. 13, when Nico Hischier had a two-goal night in a Devils 4-2 win. Jack Hughes and Timo Meier also scored for New Jersey, with goaltender Nico Daws making 30 saves.

The Predators opened the scoring on a power play goal by Ryan O’Reilly, followed by a second-period goal by Tommy Novak.

The Devils scored three goals in the third period in the victory.

Devils Team Scope:
The Devils are concluding an NHL-high 16th set of back-to-back games. The team is coming off of a 4-3 win in Ottawa on Saturday night.

Jesper Bratt continues to lead the club in points, working at a point-per-game pace with 78 points in 77 games, as he sets new career highs. Brendan Smith scored his fifth goal of the season and second in as many games, in Ottawa, tying his career-high in goals, which he's reached twice before in his career. Adding two assists, Smith had the first three-point night of his career.

The Devils have just three home games left this regular season, starting with the Predators, followed by the Leafs on Tuesday night and they'll close out their regular season next Monday night against the Islanders.

Predators Team Scope:
The Nashville Predators are sitting in the first Wild Card spot in the West with 92 points, with an away record of 22-13-3 this season. The Preds were shutout by the Islanders on Saturday night and are 6-4-1 in their past 10 games.

The club is lead by forward Filip Forsberg who has 87 points in 76 games (43g-44a) and defenseman Roman Josi who has 77 points in 76 games with 20 goals and 57 assists.

Goaltender Juuse Saros has played 60 of Nashville’s games this season with a 33-23-4 record and a .908 save percentage and a 2.82 GAA.

By the Numbers:
Luke Hughes is one point off of setting the Devils rookie defenseman record for points. On Saturday he picked up an assist on Ondrej Palat's goal for his 44th point of the year. The point total ties Will Butcher, who set the record during the 2017-18 NHL season.

Brendan Smith is coming off a career night contributing 3 points in the Devils' win against Ottawa (1g-2a).

Injuries:

Devils

Hamilton (torn pectoral muscle, LTIR)
Bastian (lower-body, IR)
Foote (undisclosed)
Marino (undisclosed)

Predators
N/A

UltUK0b.png

6PmrdNf.gif

WAcpsVw.png

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’m surprised this isn’t a 1:00 start time with the way our schedule has been this year.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
A loss tonight along with Detroit and Washington wins today would put the Devils one point away from being eliminated because those two teams play each other Tuesday.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Bruno took the boys to the strip club after the Islanders game last night!:sarcasm:

He probably promised them a visit tonight, as long as they beat us. He let the boys get shutout by the NYb last night so they’d be ready to play for us tonight!:sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Nah we're going to lose, if only bc I need the Devil's to beat Saros in order to win the Fantasy Keeper League Semis against @Pops Freshenmeyer . Oddly enough, a few years back I picked up Juuse when he was fairly unknown and he won a game on the last day to put me in the finals.

Every single time I've asked for something this season I get the opposite.. esp bc I hate the Rags so much. I really hope can go back to the Seinfeld 'opposite' GDTs, please.

Ps. The other semi btw @PeterSidorkiewicz and @book him Dano is a barnburner.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The “Hire Brunette” chants are going to hit like crazy.

View attachment 847726
If the PR team and Fitz are smart, they won't allow for the opportunity. They will forego that tribute thing they do after the first TV timeout.

Like I said, that would the most tone deaf thing you could do with how our season has went, combined with how their season has went after hiring him. And our team now being reduced to.........Travis Green?

Now in saying that, partner..........I wonder if most of the fans off of this board know that Travis Green sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad