Waived: Predators claim Bobby Butler from NJ

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Butler isn't a 4th liner he's a scorer. Watched him when he played in Ottawa when he first came up and the kid has skill. He was playing in the top 6 but then declined the next season after getting a one way contract. Put him with SK and Smith and that could be a good line as he needs skilled players to play with not grinders to succeed. We got him for nothing and can't hurt to give him a try. He's better then Yip.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Him and Yip aren't really comparable. Yip is a true 4th liner. Butler and Halischuk are scoring line or bust types of players.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Not saying that Butler is the offense that we need, but Butler's numbers in the AHL are better than Latta, Watson and Mueller. Only Beck's season this year is better than any of Butler's.

I think that speaks to the poor quality of our prospects rather than how good Butler is.

Albany was also one of the worst AHL teams to start the season. Butler's numbers look even more impressive when you eliminate the first 2-3 weeks when the entire team was awful. He outplayed Adam Henrique, Jacob Josefson, and Mattias Tedenby when he was down there.

As far his "play tailing off with the Devils," I don't buy it. Others have brought up the issue with lines, but the other issue is that he was playing poorly when NO Devil was playing well. Saying his play tailed off is unfair when the entire team wasn't able to put the puck in the net.

I'm hoping he gets a fair shot to produce some offense because he has it. Besides his offense, he's a dog on the forecheck and good in his own end. His track record certainly works against him, but don't hold his struggles with NJ very highly because he hasn't done anything worse than any other Devil for the past two weeks.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Him and Yip aren't really comparable. Yip is a true 4th liner. Butler and Halischuk are scoring line or bust types of players.

really? Ive always seen Hali as a 3rd liner tops, maybe a 2nd liner if he breaks out unexpectedly, but overall I have seen him as a bottom 6 energy guy who can put the puck in the net every so often. Hope Im wrong, but I just havent seen that type of talent out of him.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
really? Ive always seen Hali as a 3rd liner tops, maybe a 2nd liner if he breaks out unexpectedly, but overall I have seen him as a bottom 6 energy guy who can put the puck in the net every so often. Hope Im wrong, but I just havent seen that type of talent out of him.

I agree on Halischuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad