Confirmed with Link: Predators Acquire 2nd in 2025, 7th in 2024 from Tampa Bay for Ryan McDonagh 4th in 2024

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Man...I think the Preds have about 40% of all the picks over the next two years.

Seriously though...Should have $25 mil in cap now. Think Trotzy wants to go shopping.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Man alive - I don't really like the return here, but I assume this means that Statsney is in Nashville to stay and both Carrier and Fabbro are likely in the mix next year. Then again, who knows what else Trotz has in mind. This is definitely in keeping with the desire to get younger.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Holy cow that's big. This comes out of nowhere. This dramatically changes the d group plans for next season

So we turned Myers (nothing), Mishmash (nothing), and a 4th into two good seasons of McDonagh and a 2nd.

Now what are we doing with our newfound cap space.
Sign Zadorov maybe?

Reactions: Loyal Legion

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Can't say I expected this one, but it makes sense with all things considered (left D log jam, the inflated buyout caps hits this season, etc). He had a pretty good season but has 2 years left on his deal, so probably sold him at the right time. We didn't give up much to get him and now we got a 2nd rounder out of it

Reactions: Soundgarden

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Man alive - I don't really like the return here, but I assume this means that Statsney is in Nashville to stay and both Carrier and Fabbro are likely in the mix next year. Then again, who knows what else Trotz has in mind. This is definitely in keeping with the desire to get younger.
We turned mishmash and myers into 2 years with McDonough and 2nd round pick plus having 26 million in cap space. Man oh man trotz can build his team as he feels fit and please don’t bring carrier back we need some meanness in that defense

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Well I'm interested to see where this is all going. Trotz has a vision for the team and he seems to be aggressive in making it happen. Buyouts, trades, and cap purges all on the table.

Reactions: Soundgarden

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don’t like it. We have so many picks but so few top 4 defenseman. We will be very hard pressed to find someone who can be what McDonagh was for $6 million bucks…. Plus he was a leader. Do we trade Oreilly now too??
I don’t get this at all. Do you want to compete or rebuild Barry???
Time will tell I guess.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I don’t like it. We have so many picks but so few top 4 defenseman. We will be very hard pressed to find someone who can be what McDonagh was for $6 million bucks…. Plus he was a leader. Do we trade Oreilly now too??
I don’t get this at all. Do you want to compete or rebuild Barry???
Time will tell I guess.

It's definitely way too early to see the whole picture, but we can grab another vet while still getting younger.

If we can get Marner/Stamkos + another top 4 defenseman it'll be a great offseason.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Mac has been a warrior thus far, but I still look at his contract as a liability. His play may not drop off any more, but if it does then Trotz will have gotten ahead of the game clearing his cap and getting an asset back for him.

Remember, he was 2 years younger and obtained for practically free because his contract was expected to age poorly. We avoided that, but there's no guarantees things continue in that way.

Reactions: Enoch and weeze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad