Tribute Pred3 O3servations

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Though our friend and teacher was still with us and fighting like a Ranger, Memorial Day weekend is a perfect time to begin this new thread in his honor.

We all will miss your balanced analysis and all the times you helped keep us off the cliff edge. Every 5 game winning streak will keep your influence/lessons alive.

God Speed Steve.

Last edited:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Expansion Draft night, last Observations is over 1000. Wish Steve was here for his thoughts about the draft, Rinne retirement and bye bye Ellis and Arvy. And the far too cute draft show. I speculate that he would not be impressed.

Several folks wanted the slight change in thread title, which I was more than glad to do.

In your honor/memory we go forward Steve.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Today marked the 10th anniversary of Wade Belak’s death.

I carried his No. 3 on a black sash over my Twitter profile picture for many years only taking it down in the last couple of years.

Got the pleasure of talking with him a few times and even got a response when I e-mailed him after in his third game here he contorted his body so far down to catch David Perron in the shoulder while skating with his head down in a completely hard, but clean hit, and had to drop the gloves and fight as a result.

That was his role, but many of those guys grew up playing the game at the highest level of their skill group until they made it to juniors and the coach tabbed them to be an enforcer. He made the hit, didn’t follow through, and was concerned for Perron - who only had his breath knocked out - only to have to suddenly drop the gloves for a half hearted fight.

Perron was young and didn’t grow out of that habit for a few years, but it upset me that Belak went to all of that effort to make a clean play and the result was the same as if he hadn’t. There was no winning at that stage of Wade’s career playing the game and that’s what really got to me.

Miss his personality, smile, and laughter. Sad to know his children are growing up without him. :(

Hug your loved ones a little tighter and if you are feeling down, reach out and know you matter!!!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My business partner's wife is a photographer and was hired to shoot David Legwand's house before a move. She told me about it, knowing I'd be somewhat interested and said that there was a guy there who was absolutely hilarious. She couldn't remember his name but he was either living there or at the very least considered a part of the family. When Wade passed, she saw his picture and was just heartbroken because he was, indeed, the person she'd met. RIP #3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad