Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 1: Canucks def. Kings - 4-3 (OT-Granlund,Virtanen,Baertschi,Boeser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

hqdefault.jpg

bo-horvat-of-the-vancouver-canucks-reacts-to-the-goal-of-henrik-sedin-picture-id648082744

WHEN: September 16, 2017, 2:00PM PST
WHERE: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
TV: Sportsnet 360
RADIO: Sportnset 650 AM

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:

Scottie Upshall - Bo Horvat - Nikolay Goldobin
Sven Baertschi - Alexander Burmistrov - Brock Boeser
Reid Boucher - Markus Granlund - Derek Dorsett
Carter Bancks - Ryan White - Jake Virtanen

Michael Del Zotto - Erik Gudbranson
Philip Holm - Alex Biega
Andrey Pedan - Troy Stecher

Jacob Markstrom
Anders Nilsson

Los Angeles Kings' Starting Lineup:

Cammalleri - Kopitar - Brown
Andreoff - Kempe - Brodzinski
Mersch - Shore - Nolan
Pearson - Dowd - Toffoli

Muzzin - Folin
Forbort - LaDue
MacDermid - Fanntenberg

Quick

Source:

Last edited:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Switch Dorsett and Virtanen... C'mon Greener.

And LaBate is playing 4thLW, Bancks is the 13th fwd it seems.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I just still shake my head as to why this managment group thinks that Dorsett needs to be on this team.the guy is a forth line plug,who makes crazy money,im really really hoping that one of our young guys can take his spot away,,,today...

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If Green's "meritocracy" is actually a thing he'll realize Dorsett is an overpaid 13th forward right away.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Sportsnet 360, yes.

Excited to get good looks at Boeser, Goldobin and Virtanen. Really hoping Virtanen can start to put the nightmarish 2016/2017 season behind him.

Main reason I'll be tuning in. I also want to see how well that MDZ-Gudbranson pairing plays and get some insight on Greens system.

Hockey's back folks!

0din

Mar 8, 2016
What is LA's line up?

Who is coaching the young guys? Green? Or did he decide to go to China with the vets that don't need teaching?

0din

Mar 8, 2016
I just still shake my head as to why this managment group thinks that Dorsett needs to be on this team.the guy is a forth line plug,who makes crazy money,im really really hoping that one of our young guys can take his spot away,,,today...

Forget about how much money Dorsett is being paid, just think of him as a third/fourth line player.

Many fans had the same problem with Booth, once Torts put him in a different role with Kassian and Richardson he performed that role very well.

True the money makes fans cringe for the position played but he does play it competently.

It is not his fault that management wanted to keep the cap close to the ceiling so they can't do anything in the trade market, he and his agent asked, Benning didn't have to give, there was no gun to their heads.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Apparently LA is running with a group B lineup which consist of mostly veterans...No official word yet on their side...Would've liked to see Huggy Bear Prust play against us.

DJvXSXwVAAAdJZz.jpg:large

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Hoping for some big hits on LA veterans by Virtanen today. Really hoping he has a good game.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Hoping for some big hits on LA veterans by Virtanen today. Really hoping he has a good game.

I'm confused. Are you hoping Virtanen can still become a very good hockey player or you, like Benning, just happy to hear the boards go boom?

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
I'm confused. Are you hoping Virtanen can still become a very good hockey player or you, like Benning, just happy to hear the boards go boom?

He's been having a good camp and is only 21 years old bud. He's still a prospect at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad