GDT: Pre-Season Game #5 - 9.29.14 - vs. Florida - 7:30 PM - The Dress Rehearsal

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I dare someone to talk about Lucia again. It's not close ... it's just not close. She has a chance at getting better. She's doing some of her first work in front of the camera.

This guy is rough. Wrong names ... just saying outlandish ... crazy stuff. This was just brutal tonight.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I dare someone to talk about Lucia again. It's not close ... it's just not close. She has a chance at getting better. She's doing some of her first work in front of the camera.

This guy is rough. Wrong names ... just saying outlandish ... crazy stuff. This was just brutal tonight.

I obviously couldn't watch but one person being terrible at their job does not make another person good at their's. I've seen enough of Ali to know we deserve better.

MetalGodAOD*

Bruce Levine is out to lunch. I started listening to his podcasts last year and there was so much ridiculous hyperbole it was insane. Obviously he's a guy who doesn't know much about the rest of the league and how Dallas's players stack up, for good and bad.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I like to think I'm the founder of the Bruce Hate Club, though I probably listen to the Ticket more than anyone else. It's like no one in Dallas knows hockey well enough to tell that his ****** broadcasting skills aren't made up for by his hockey knowledge, because he sucks at that aspect of it, too. We need you Bob Sturm.

MetalGodAOD*

Bob Sturm barely knows anything about other teams in the league either. We deserve better than him or Bruce.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Two announced crowds for pre-season games so far:
vs St. Louis: 14,567
vs Florida: 14,234

Both Monday night games. I'd say that's pretty dang good (actual crowd is probably around 11K for both but still).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Two announced crowds for pre-season games so far:
vs St. Louis: 14,567
vs Florida: 14,234

Both Monday night games. I'd say that's pretty dang good (actual crowd is probably around 11K for both but still).

Neither looked anywhere close to that on the stream.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
First game against St. Louis definitely wasn't 14K, but like I said there was at least 11K there (I wasn't there tonight, but I'm guessing it was similar).

Still, we've had less regular season crowds than that in recent years.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
No way half the seats were sat in for either game. People aren't good at judging attendance. Look at the sections individually and all I could see on the broadcast looked less than half full.

Hope Kari is okay. My god that PP looks like it could be amazing...

Primetimey*

No way half the seats were sat in for either game. People aren't good at judging attendance. Look at the sections individually and all I could see on the broadcast looked less than half full.

Hope Kari is okay. My god that PP looks like it could be amazing...

Agreed. I would say there were around 8-9k for the first game, 6-7k tonight.

Season tickets are up to what, 8 or 9k? So actual tickets sold on 14k is 5k people + 1/3 of season ticket holders showing up.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
First game against St. Louis definitely wasn't 14K, but like I said there was at least 11K there (I wasn't there tonight, but I'm guessing it was similar).

Still, we've had less regular season crowds than that in recent years.

Last Monday had more people but tonight was still better than years past preseason numbers

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I hope so, but I don't see any other highlights up from the previous pre-season games which makes me think they won't.

They've posted highlights for every game including the Kansas City game (terrible quality ... but at least we got some).

They're not posting them in Game Highlights. That's the official stuff from the league, and they don't produce highlights for the pre-season. You have to get them off the main page in the morning. They typically don't go up at night. They don't seem to be archived in any of the video channels though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad