GDT: Pre-Season Game #5 - 9.29.14 - vs. Florida - 7:30 PM - The Dress Rehearsal

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
There's some creepy, angry ex-girlfriend vibes in these game day threads at times.

Primetimey*

Great period, this season going to be exciting when everyone is up and running.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This Roussel/Fiddler/Garbutt line has done nothing.

I've not been a fan of Garbutt's game at all in the pre-season. He did get hurt so I feel obligated to point that out.

I think Fiddler has looked great this pre-season ... until this game. They're just not working well so far. Hopefully Garbutt is healed or will be soon.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'm happy Eakin is back and now fiddler can return to the 4th line. Is there any chance we can give Carolina something for Cole and keep McKenzie up? He or Ritchie on the LW of Spezza-Hemsky would be so much better.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
This Roussel/Fiddler/Garbutt line has done nothing.

Eakin really makes that line click - he's a zone exit superstar. He does the tough work down low and is excellent at skating the puck out of the zone.

You need to get Garbutt and Roussel jump started for their speed to be most effective. Fiddler on that line is a problem because he's not a great passer and he tends to turn the puck over every time he tries to exit the zone.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Nice period, feel like we can't be counted out ever with so many scoring options. It's not if but when. Oh how different than 2006 when we couldn't buy a goal

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Eakin really makes that line click - he's a zone exit superstar. He does the tough work down low and is excellent at skating the puck out of the zone.

You need to get Garbutt and Roussel jump started for their speed to be most effective. Fiddler on that line is a problem because he's not a great passer and he tends to turn the puck over every time he tries to exit the zone.

Fiddler is the one who keeps them both forechecking and in line.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Why isn't Joki playing tonight? Is he not in the top 6 plans this year?

Heika called tonight the rehearsal game. I don't think I actually heard that from anyone else actually.

The broadcast mentioned tomorrow might actually be the rehearsal game. Would make sense considering we have a kid line and D who will obviously not start the year in Dallas playing.

Will for sure be interesting to see lines and D pairs tomorrow. IMO, I think Jokipakka has earned Dillon's spot, but maybe I'm wrong. I think he plays October 9th if Dillion is unsigned. Tougher call to say if he'd play over Nemeth. I'd love to see them go with 8 D and sit Gonchar.

Goligoski-Daley
Benn-Dillon
Jokipakka-Nemeth
Extra: Connauton, Gonchar

In reality though, I think Connauton has earned a legitimate spot so I could easily see Jokipakka returned TX just because he doesn't require waivers. Not really fair, but that happens all the time in hockey.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
THIS IS ASININE.

Bruce can't just ignore the total lack of finish. This isn't good enough. He's acting like this is a great. It makes zero sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad