GDT: Pre-Season Game #5 - 9.29.14 - vs. Florida - 7:30 PM - The Dress Rehearsal

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
They've posted highlights for every game including the Kansas City game (terrible quality ... but at least we got some).

They're not posting them in Game Highlights. That's the official stuff from the league, and they don't produce highlights for the pre-season. You have to get them off the main page in the morning. They typically don't go up at night. They don't seem to be archived in any of the video channels though.

Alright, Thanks!

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
No way half the seats were sat in for either game. People aren't good at judging attendance. Look at the sections individually and all I could see on the broadcast looked less than half full.

You're judging attendance based on a broadcast that doesn't even show the top two bowls...?

And the Stars twitter already said highlights would be up in morning.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
You're judging attendance based on a broadcast that doesn't even show the top two bowls...?

And the Stars twitter already said highlights would be up in morning.

Well if the upper levels were a lot fuller then I could be wrong. I'm not complaining though I'm happy about the higher preseason attendance.

MetalGodAOD*

Seguin looks so happy to have people who can pass on the powerplay this year.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Seguin looks so happy to have people who can pass on the powerplay this year.

I would not feel good seeing my Habs take a penalty against you guys. Price is awesome, but I get the feeling Dallas will be moving the puck all over the place, hard to keep track of.

That 3.52 GPG doesnt look too bad after all, we might have to tone it down a little :laugh:

If Dallas had an elite puck moving D-man like a Yandle even, I think that would actually be attainable.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
[NHL]635129&catid=1392[/NHL]

Highlights.
I love how on that last goal both Hemsky and Spezza never even looked at the person that they ended up passing to. They already knew who was where before they even had the puck. That's how puck movement on the power play is done, fellas.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sweet comeback win by our boys, in the rehearsal game!

But damn do those Panthers constantly give Dallas a tough time. Kind of glad they're in another conference. :laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I love how on that last goal both Hemsky and Spezza never even looked at the person that they ended up passing to. They already knew who was where before they even had the puck. That's how puck movement on the power play is done, fellas.

Look, I'm here as a Sens fan who loves Spezza, but by the end of they year you're going to be pulling your hair out at drop passes to absolutely nobody.

If you can sum up Spezza's Ottawa career in three points, it would be:
1) PPG when healthy
2) giggles
3) drop passes to the other team.

That being said, I'm happy to see the chemistry he and Hemsky clearly had in the last quarter of last season isn't a fluke - they are amazing together. When Spezza isn't giving the puck away, y'all are going to love the Spez-Hemmer Show. It's a Big Top for sure.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Look, I'm here as a Sens fan who loves Spezza, but by the end of they year you're going to be pulling your hair out at drop passes to absolutely nobody.

If you can sum up Spezza's Ottawa career in three points, it would be:
1) PPG when healthy
2) giggles
3) drop passes to the other team.

That being said, I'm happy to see the chemistry he and Hemsky clearly had in the last quarter of last season isn't a fluke - they are amazing together. When Spezza isn't giving the puck away, y'all are going to love the Spez-Hemmer Show. It's a Big Top for sure.

He still does the infamous drop passes to nobody eh... I used to make fun of my buddy (Sens fan) all the time about them.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
I'm curious to see if Ruff continues to load up the first power play line like he did last night. I think it is worth starting the season that way, and betting on your ability to score in the first minute of a power play rather than spreading out the talent.

Seeing those guys cycle the puck around the zone last night was hypnotizing.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
He still does the infamous drop passes to nobody eh... I used to make fun of my buddy (Sens fan) all the time about them.

Pretty impressive to be a PPG player and have a major flaw in the offensive zone. I'll take that from our 2nd line center.

I'm curious to see if Ruff continues to load up the first power play line like he did last night. I think it is worth starting the season that way, and betting on your ability to score in the first minute of a power play rather than spreading out the talent.

Seeing those guys cycle the puck around the zone last night was hypnotizing.

More like the first 90 seconds. If he loads them up he's going to ride them for longer than a regular shift and then ride his bottom 6 to check hard directly following the PP. That is the only smart thing to do IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad