Post-Game Talk: Pre-season game 3 vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
If it's an expected delay they just roll the time on to the beginning of the third, although in the preseason they may just scrap it for kicks since it doesn't matter.

I want a refund for the 2:57 mins of gametime! Lol

I'll take a hotdog. I'll pay for shipping.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Nevermind. Game on for rest of 2nd. Guess they just went to intermission early like @HTFN said.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Just look at Samsonov there. He can't stop throwing himself out of his own crease and he doesn't even have his balance. I'm not a hater of his but that shit needs fixed, I keep waiting for coaching to get it under control and it's just not happening.

edit: Protas is an NHL player. Don't know when, may only end up as Brian Boyle, but he's got it.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The f*** was that shit? Chuck Brassard, that's trash.

EDIT: oh, I thought Provorov dropped gloves instead of just acting like he wanted to

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Just look at Samsonov there. He can't stop throwing himself out of his own crease and he doesn't even have his balance. I'm not a hater of his but that shit needs fixed, I keep waiting for coaching to get it under control and it's just not happening.

edit: Protas is an NHL player. Don't know when, may only end up as Brian Boyle, but he's got it.
Agreed on Sammy he relies to much on his athleticism instead of just staying in position.

also agree on Protas he looks like he’s learning each game how to use his size and protect the puck better

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Yeah I have noticed that a lot with Sammy. He tries using his good reflexes and over plays his angle. Not sure what goalie coach Scott Murray is doing to help him fix it.

Reactions: Hivemind

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Agreed on Sammy he relies to much on his athleticism instead of just staying in position.

also agree on Protas he looks like he’s learning each game how to use his size and protect the puck better
He also does this "smart player" thing where he keeps his upper body rigid and uses his pivots to whip passes around, which leaves his hands free to sort of opt out of that motion at any time. It gives him a ton of options and a lot of incompletions tonight have been teammates not prepared for the puck, so as they adjust you'd expect those to become scoring chances.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
So, Hathaway lines up Proverov and ... misses. Proverov punches Hath in the face, and they go. Brassard is third man in to a fight his own player started, and somehow to the Philly announcers this is a "good" thing? LOL!

Well Keith Jones commended Ristolainen by making that hit instead of going for the puck at the end of the first period that led to a Grade A scoring chance for the Caps which easily could have been scored. "I'll take that every time" he said lol.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don't think Mantha and Kuznetsov work. I don't know what it is but they don't have an intuitive thing at all.

EDIT: next shift, same story. They don't work

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I have seen enough from Sammy. He aint anywhere better than Vanecek. I'll be content with Vanecek being the #1, as he works hard even though he's the less skilled goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad