GDT: Pre-Season Game 3 - Coyotes @ Ducks - 7PM

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hank could fill in that spot that everyone was penciling Fischer into. Would love to see him as a 3rd/4th line tweener this year. We may have a very nice mix of size if he makes the jump.

Domi-Strome-Duke
Keller-Devo-Merkley
Perlini-McInnis-Fischer
Martinook-Dauphin-Hank

Obviously there will be busts, but it's pretty wild to think that potentially in 2-3 years we may not need any vets.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hank could fill in that spot that everyone was penciling Fischer into. Would love to see him as a 3rd/4th line tweener this year. We may have a very nice mix of size if he makes the jump.

Domi-Strome-Duke
Keller-Devo-Merkley
Perlini-McInnis-Fischer
Martinook-Dauphin-Hank

Obviously there will be busts, but it's pretty wild to think that potentially in 2-3 years we may not need any vets.

Crouse?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I was very disappointed with Perlini's game at the Job. He didn't really do anything. I fear that he is that bust.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I was very disappointed with Perlini's game at the Job. He didn't really do anything. I fear that he is that bust.

It looks like it is heading in that direction, but his raw tools are still so eyeopening. Hope he can put it together because we don't really have another player in his potential mode (big, fast sniper). Duclair would probably be the closest player in comparison.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Domi-Strome-Duke
Keller-Devo-Merkley
Perlini-McInnis-Fischer
Martinook-Dauphin-Hank

Every team that has won the Cup in recent memory has made key trades to bring in veteran players that have played critical roles in their championship season.

Keep in mind, Team NA at the World Cup was fun to watch, but the best 23 and under team in North America couldn't make it out of their group.

The Yotes will need to add vets to fill the gaps where prospects don't pan out, also don't underestimate the value of veteran leadership.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Perlini certainly seems like he is heading towards bustville but I'm hoping (not expecting) that we can finally mold him into something now that he's playing in Tuscon instead of Niagara.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

By that measure, he was a bust before he was ever drafted, due to his inconsistent play all along the way. Really, give it an AHL season before freaking out.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Perlini certainly seems like he is heading towards bustville but I'm hoping (not expecting) that we can finally mold him into something now that he's playing in Tuscon instead of Niagara.

Far too early to panic. He's only 20. People progress at different rates, and the progression is not always linear.. Give him some AHL time to learn and grow.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Domi-Strome-Duke
Keller-Devo-Merkley
Perlini-McInnis-Fischer
Martinook-Dauphin-Hank

I know this is a future looking roster, but wasn't it two years ago when we played Calgary in the preseason as part of Kraft Hockeyville stuff that Tippett stated that he really wanted to get a line of Domi-Hanzal-Samuelsson together?

If Hank keeps this up, there may be some truth to seeing that line at some point early in the season...

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
I know this is a future looking roster, but wasn't it two years ago when we played Calgary in the preseason as part of Kraft Hockeyville stuff that Tippett stated that he really wanted to get a line of Domi-Hanzal-Samuelsson together?

If Hank keeps this up, there may be some truth to seeing that line at some point early in the season...

I remember they did that line on a pre-season game last year against the Kings and they were dynamite together.

Every time they were on the ice they created a chance, but we ended up losing that game pretty bad I think.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I remember they did that line on a pre-season game last year against the Kings and they were dynamite together.

Every time they were on the ice they created a chance, but we ended up losing that game pretty bad I think.

That was also back when those two were our only prospects with even a chance to sniff a top 6 NHL spot

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00