GDT: Pre-Season Game #2 - 9.24.14 - at Florida - 6:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Apparently since their average attendance rate managed to keep pace with ours when we were missing the playoffs and without an owner we can't make any comments about their attendance ever.

You'd think we'd be one of 2 or 3 franchises who could understand though... They've been as bad as we have. I wonder how safe our franchise would be if we had a 2/15 playoff drought or whatever they are at.

MetalGodAOD*

Yea I don't get the continued need to rag on the attendance. It's South Florida in September. It's the Panthers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If I lived down there I'd be a season ticket holder. Couldn't dream of doing that where I am now, sadly. :laugh:

I'm not going to rip on them for attendance though.....you're right, we've had main board threads made on our behalf, in the past, for shoddy attendance figures, and it's rather unpleasant. I like most sunbelt teams and I'd like to see the Panthers stick around.

They're less than 20 years removed from a Cup finals appearance, you know....that's more than the Blues can say. ;)

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Yeah, I found the attendance comments to be in poor taste. They're a slumping franchise in a non traditional hockey market and it was a preseason game. Of course attendance will be sparse.

You would think that our fan base especially would be able to understand that. If their young kids start producing and the team starts winning they will have people hop on the bandwagon just like we're witnessing here in Dallas.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Rynnäs needs a cool mask to perform.. With that plain one he was just asking for trouble.

Also, it's good right, that I confused Connauton with Goligoski in that second goal?..

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Saw the recap video this morning... That Seguin setup to Goligoski was just fantastic. The Hemsky shootout goal was also awesome.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yep.

It got old after the 3rd page. We didn't like it when it was us a very short time ago.

Nailed it. What in the hell people? Quit beating a dead horse.

Just me 2 cents but that organization at least has the talent to succeed. Their young depth is as exciting as anyone else in the league. I know little about their ownership situation, but hopefully it's a healthy one. They've got the talent to pull out of their woes just like Dallas did ... something we were in just over a year ago. Time flies and it's been great lately to be a Dallas fan, but good Lord how in the hell have you already forgot where we were such a short time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad