GDT: pre-season finale LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30 9/29/18

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
All this game taught me is that sending Brickley or Wagner down at this point would be silly. Both have earned a spot with their play.

I'll save judgment on the rest until I see the team actually playing with regular season intensity out there.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
All this game taught me is that sending Brickley or Wagner down at this point would be silly. Both have earned a spot with their play.

I'll save judgment on the rest until I see the team actually playing with regular season intensity out there.
intensity wasn't the issue here though, this was just a tired, scouted to death system being abused by a team that did its homework

Reactions: yankeeking

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well this was an incredibly frustrating pre season. We got over 30 shots tonight and I don't Gibson had to break a sweat. I just don't get it. This team came out guns blazing last year and was dynamic offensively. And then when things went bad we reverted back to a mosh of Terry Murray/Darryl Sutter type hockey and now they can't seem to get out of it. Lots of chemistry issues as well within all the lines. Only positive from this game was Wagner and JAD and they both got less than 10 min of TOI tonight.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Well this was an incredibly frustrating pre season. We got over 30 shots tonight and I don't Gibson had to break a sweat. I just don't get it. This team came out guns blazing last year and was dynamic offensively. And then when things went bad we reverted back to a mosh of Terry Murray/Darryl Sutter type hockey and now they can't seem to get out of it. Lots of chemistry issues as well within all the lines. Only positive from this game was Wagner and JAD and they both got less than 10 min of TOI tonight.

It's like if they open it up, the defense will totally collapse . Steven seems caught in the middle.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
On the plus side, some of the regulars looked good too. Toffoli actually showed some skating and creativity again. Iafallo looks like he's on a mission this year. Kopitar looks ready to be dominant again. Phaneuf did a little bit of everything.

Pretty much everyone else can go take a long walk off the Manhattan Beach pier tonight, but if Stevens has his way they'll just have their back to the ocean and walk up The STrand instead

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
All jokes aside, Muzzin and Forbort look bad. Brickley will save the defense. Muzzin and his passes... Forbort and his defense under pressure.

Cringe worthy.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
At some point every single NHL team takes away your ice, regardless of the system you're running. There are only so many systems you can implement, and they are all over 40+ years old.

The players make the plays, not the system.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
At some point every single NHL team takes away your ice, regardless of the system you're running. There are only so many systems you can implement, and they are all over 40+ years old.

Yeah and when the new players start playing like the old players.. Something is up.

I know you like to beat that drum a lot, but at this point, they're playing an ineffective style which has to do with coaching. New players come in, good players, and there isn't a good sustained offense.

The talent is there and it's not the same group of people where you might have a point. A lot has changed, a lot of new players. Same poor result.

You're wrong about this mate.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Team is boring. We are excited about a 2nd rounder, a 4th rounder and undraffed college ufa - that’s how tough our prospect system is.

The 70’s line is boring, the Kings are old and slow, the D is the same it was last year; stale.

Kings really have to clear out a forward and defensemen and actually make room for a few young kids to make this roster more exciting,

Reactions: KINGS17

member 88115

All jokes aside, Muzzin and Forbort look bad. Brickley will save the defense. Muzzin and his passes... Forbort and his defense under pressure.

Cringe worthy.
I really hope Blake gives Voynov a second chance.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

offensively, sure. and wagner showed us last night what happens when you break those systems, you skate the puck past it..

defensively, on the forecheck specifically this team is not being coached to do what's effective. you want to pressure the puck and retrieve it like stevens says, you don't send 1 forechecker deep and station the other one at the blue line, you attack the defensemen with 2 forecheckers. that's the modern NHL. maybe you get hit with the stretch pass occasionally but guess what, you force the other team to make the hard play and you live with the results.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Stevens on the hot seat if we are sub .500 after 20 games?

Our “window” is getting smaller and smaller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad