1. Twarynski
2. Giroux
3. Voracek​

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Guys like Twar/NAK should make the plugs go bye bye.

Hayes looks like last year's significant step forward might not be a fluke. That Lindblom-Hayes-Voracek line could beast.

TK didn't miss a beat and is very much NOT replaceable. He'll continue to do his thang on the top line, and I wouldn't even mind experimenting with him in the slot on PP1.

Frost/Farabee actually had a solid game, and manufactured a ton of offense in the 2nd half. They need to start finishing though because that's how this SSS evaluating works (and it shouldn't -- see: Twarynski, Carson).

Sanheim is clearly still the 3rd defenseman on the PP depth chart, and no one should act surprised. That's a damm shame. He looked very good on the PP2 tonight though in sparse minutes.

This was fun fast hockey. The Rangers are still winless. Yah yah.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
As Steve Coates said late in the third period, "If they (Flyers) didn't come out and perform well against THIS (Rangers) lineup, I would have been really, really worried." Yes, it was only preseason but there was a need to do well and win. Not an exaggeration … going to Europe possibly winless would have been a bigger cause for concern than some could imagine.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If we're going to say tonight was a better indication of what AV's system looks like than previous games, this year is gonna be a lot more fun.

Transition game looked great, no more forwards waiting around motionless at opposing blue line letting the defense set up while our D are playing catch in their end. That shit drove me crazy.

Guess the talent plays a part in that too and gotta give people like Hayes and Frost credit for carrying the puck in with speed and making plays.

All the kids looked great tonight, there shouldn't be any S tewarts or Andreoffs on this roster. PP looked sick. Hayes was a beast on the PK. Hart was Hart.

Let's have a great year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
As Stave Coates late in the third period, "If they (Flyers) didn't come out and perform well against THIS (Rangers) lineup, I would have been really, really worried." Yes, it was only preseason but there was a need to do well and win. Not an exaggeration … going to Europe possibly winless would have been a bigger cause for concern than some could imagine.
Had we lost this game I would have had a lot more free time this season for hobbies

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Had we lost this game I would have had a lot more free time this season for hobbies

You have a new coach and you are trying to establish basic fundamentals. That is one primary purpose of preseason. If you fall into the same holes -- aka subpar special teams , falling behind 1-0, not establishing any authority on your home ice -- then Philly, we have a problem. It is a baby step but some blemishes of the past need to be exorcised. Again, this one game isn't going to leapfrog the team in any sense but it puts a stopgap into any cloud of possible future decay in at least the early stages.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim is clearly still the 3rd defenseman on the PP depth chart, and no one should act surprised.
Not so fast my friend. Niskanen made an appearance tonight. He's never going to be a PP staple unless someone gets hurt which is unfortunate. #TeamBridge

5v5 he put on a clinic. Rags only had one shot on goal when he was on the ice. Sprung two breakaways. He's gonna be great on the 3rd pair.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
JVR...does he fit with Frost and Farabee on the 3rd line?

Thoughts?

Note: assuming no Patrick kicking around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad