Goalies: Pre-Game Warm up

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Any beer league goalies out there do any sort of off-ice warm-ups before the game? Playing organized pick-up hockey and just wondering if anyone had any tricks or tips that help you get ready before the game. Last week I just got half dressed, put my glove and threw a tennis ball at the glove multiple times to work on my glove hand. Don't know if that's enough or if I should be doing more.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
When we don't play for an extended period of time (sometimes i go 7 to 10 days between games) i get a teammate to shoot on me in the dressing room for 5 min or so before warm up.

I have an orange ball in my bag and I get half dressed. I get into the butterfly position on the floor and I ask teammate to do soft but quick little snap shots on my blocker, trapper and five hole.

Helps me get a feel of making a save, gets my eyes used to tracking a shot. It also gets my confidence going a little bit as well.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
Before I leave, I make sure to toss around a ball while watching some tv just to get the basic tracking senses going. As well, make sure to run up and down the stairs to get the legs activated.

Working in an office doesn't allow too much movement during the day.

At the rink, basic stretches before getting dresses. Once dressed in my lowers, I go into the butterfly with my gloves on and do basic arm movements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad