GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 23 • Canada 5, Finland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Finland looked great last night. I'm a little worried about this Canadian team this year. They look much weaker than past years and I have a tough time believing they will win gold. Of course all of this could change and they may not have been playing their best hockey, but I expected more dominance from this team. I am probably to blame for being disappointed though as I set my expectations for Canada pretty high.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Why are you giving this Charliegirl the time of the day?

Clearly she has no idea what she's talking about.

Hi Canadian Guy :

My comments are (really) not directed at CharlieGirl. I am sure Charlie is a lucky guy. :)

I just take exception to the "This Team Will Not Medal" crowd.

They remind me of the pundents on the Financial channels who are ALWAYS predicting the end of the (financial) world. The say "The Stock Market is going to collapse!!!" "People better get prepared for the end of the (financial) world!!! It is coming soon!!!" Etc...

Years/Decades go by and nothing. Then, 9/11 comes or the end of Lehmans Brother hits and then they get on TV and say :

SEE, 'I' TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!

Hockey Canada has won 3 of the last 4 Best on Best Hockey Tournaments - since 2000. They have won 5 of the last 6 WJR's. They must be doing something right.

We should all be so lucky to have that kind of track record.

Yet, so many of the Posters want to convince people that they know better then the people who have had so much success.

AND it is a "NO LOSE" Situation. Criticize Hockey Canada and...

If they win, say "I am glad this team won, but they only won because" :

i) They got lucky;
ii) The calls went their way;
iii) The Americans got knocked out by Sweden because they would have killed Canada;
iv) The Sun turned into a BlueBerry Muffin;
v) Anything they can think of;

If they lose, they say "SEE, 'I' TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!

To me, it's a copout.

Merry Christmas Buddy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad