Sportsnet: Pre Camp Player News....

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Sandin is prolly our most untalked about player that could become a huge x factor.

If he has put on weight, his skillset will allow him to play good minutes in this league.

I think his hockeysense gives him a higher upside than Dermott.

Every season he's gotten better so no reason why he shouldnt show up a improved young player.

For all we know he could be our 4th best D next season but getting minutes early on could depend alot on how Lehtonen and Dermott play.

Our depth is pretty crazy.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Sandin is prolly our most untalked about player that could become a huge x factor.

If he has put on weight, his skillset will allow him to play good minutes in this league.

Every season he's gotten better so no reason why he shouldnt show up a improved young player.

For all we know he could be our 4th best D next season but getting minutes early on could depend alot on how Lehtonen and Dermott play.

I'm probably a bigger fan of him than most but I really think his ceiling is higher than any of our other prospects. He just thinks the game at such a high level already and that to me is the most important trait any player can have. Good to see him working on his strength, that was noticeably his biggest weakness in the games he played last year. I hope he gets the minutes if he shows he deserves them in camp.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

Agreed. I envision his development (or even Lehtonen’s before him) enabling the team to trade TD for a 2way C with some 3rd line upside.

Reactions: TMLAM34 and weems

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Agreed. I envision his development (or even Lehtonen’s before him) enabling the team to trade TD for a 2way C with some 3rd line upside.

Keep Dermott for this season and trade him prior to the ED for assets or hell be lost to Seattle

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Let's hope he has improved his straight line skating speed and can keep up to play .. if he can then he is on my team all day everyday ... his core strength was already over da top great ... very very few can take a hit like him and stand up through it ... people read this BS written and truly it is not even his problem ... sure getting stronger helps everyone but it is not what is holding him back ... too many journalists are just not hockey people

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Korskov looks to be having a decent go in the KHL. I hope he can win a job in our bottom 6. Seems like he provides a lot of what we are missing. Big, physical winger with a chip on his shoulder and can skate. Him and Thornton on the fourth would be interesting to say the least.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Korskov looks to be having a decent go in the KHL. I hope he can win a job in our bottom 6. Seems like he provides a lot of what we are missing. Big, physical winger with a chip on his shoulder and can skate. Him and Thornton on the fourth would be interesting to say the least.
Korshkov is staying in Russia until the KHL season is over and will join the Leafs or Marlies at that point.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Let's hope he has improved his straight line skating speed and can keep up to play .. if he can then he is on my team all day everyday ... his core strength was already over da top great ... very very few can take a hit like him and stand up through it ... people read this BS written and truly it is not even his problem ... sure getting stronger helps everyone but it is not what is holding him back ... too many journalists are just not hockey people
Who?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Sandin found the right weight for himself after getting jacked.

Nylander and Dermott are two examples of players that got to the wrong weight for their body in the past and it noticeably impacted their game.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Korshkov is staying in Russia until the KHL season is over and will join the Leafs or Marlies at that point.

Not that I have any reason to disagree but, what makes you say that? Did I miss an article/report ?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Egor Korshkov to stay in KHL for rest of season

A couple articles came out with it a month or so ago.
That good. They are relying on him to score and he is getting ice time and most importantly having fun and gaining confidence. He was ok in the Ahl too.
Awesome development for him if you believe players his age still develop. Some wouldn’t agree with me, like lots ha but i like it with him over there having fun boosting his spirits in the process.

Everything goes better when fun is happening:)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Very few can take a hit because they turn their back to you now. Hitting is gone for most part.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Hi5

Reactions: weems

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I hope Sandin found the right weight for himself after getting jacked.

Nylander and Dermott are two examples of players that got to the wrong weight for their body in the past and it noticeably impacted their game.

He needed to add strength. The link I’ll insert says he was 183 and needed to add. These guys know the importance of core strength now. The science to add the bulk and keep quick is paramount in players thinking and that type of info is available continuously by training staff development personnel etc to players.

If he realized anything immediately in the Nhl is these guys are strong. He likely knew well it was difficult to pin his man and needed to work on strength. He might be 8 or nine pounds heavier and its a significant difference. 190 maybe for starters. That won’t effect him much for quickness and possibly improved with the core stronger.

Rasmus Sandin Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Toronto Maple Leafs | The Sports Forecaster

Reactions: X66

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There are so many players that fall into the highly interesting category coming in to camp. There are so many unknowns that could factor in to a improvement if they play a great team game and add the net front presence at one end and battle harder in our own end etc.
Really interesting Tags:
Robertson
Sandin
Barabanov
Lehtonen
These guys are our future likely if they own it in camp

Ufa’s of interest. All of them etc. This camp is going to be fun to watch and evaluate for is.

The player i am most interested in at each position is:
Lehtonen on defense
Robertson on forward

The rest are very close but i will be watching them two closely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad