Pre 2008-2009 Ice time stats (5on5) / primary assists Stats

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I just wanted to throw this up here and see - i have been using moneypuck for a project, but it does not have anything before 2008-09 - another reference to point me to for specifically 5on5 (not just even strength) ice time per game, and also specifically splitting up assists to primary and secondary. thank you

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
2007-2008 ice time you can compute it yourself from the PBP html reports. Prior to that, I think the data does not exist. Only PP/SH/EV. That goes back to 1997, I think.

I can send you a Primary/Secondary assists for goals since 1917, DM or email me for details.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
2007-2008 ice time you can compute it yourself from the PBP html reports. Prior to that, I think the data does not exist. Only PP/SH/EV. That goes back to 1997, I think.

I can send you a Primary/Secondary assists for goals since 1917, DM or email me for details.
getting back to this - again thank you for the scoring info, got around to looking at it the past 30 minutes and it's working PERFECTLY, thank you

RE: ice time - i'm not familiar with what you say PBP html reports, can you elaborate?

i never thanked you as well - thank you :)

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
getting back to this - again thank you for the scoring info, got around to looking at it the past 30 minutes and it's working PERFECTLY, thank you

RE: ice time - i'm not familiar with what you say PBP html reports, can you elaborate?

i never thanked you as well - thank you :)
The PBP reports are HTML reports published by the NHL after each game. They have detailed information about each event (thus, Play-By-Play events) in HTML format. Example: Play By Play .

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
The PBP reports are HTML reports published by the NHL after each game. They have detailed information about each event (thus, Play-By-Play events) in HTML format. Example: Play By Play .
What am i missing to get to the html reports? Is there a link to it feom the game page i am missing or is it a manual url every time?

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
There should be a link from the game page, but the poorly designed NHL website makes it hard to access. For each game, select Ice Tracker rather than RECAP at the bottom of the page. Then select 'BOX', and scroll that left side of the page all the way down to 'Official Game Reports'.

The URL formula is
sprintf('h' + 'ttps://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/%d%d/PL%02d%04d.HTM', season, season+1, stage, season_game_id);
Season game id runs from 1 to 1312 this season for regular part, and is a bit trickier for playoffs. There it's a 0ABC, where A is round (1-4), B is pairing of the round (1-8, 1-4, 1-2, or 1), C is the number of the game (1-7) The last game of the playoffs this year was 0415.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad