Praise McClement Thread

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I have been very impressed with McClement's play thus far. He is exactly the type of player Carlyle likes, defensively responsible and very hard on the puck. He is working well with Grabo and Kuli. Very good signing by the Leafs:handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

leafspring*

Great addition,when he gets comfortable with his mates he can bring alot of leadership in defensive forward terms. Thats my anticipation of how his value is going to best seen. Without the puck he is savvy,and works smart.

He's a winner.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Out of all of the Kadri/Frattin/JVR/Kostka hype, McClement has been the biggest surprise for me.

Very, very underrated. He is smart, responsible, and works his butt off every shift. Love this addition A LOT.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Out of all of the Kadri/Frattin/JVR/Kostka hype, McClement has been the biggest surprise for me.

Very, very underrated. He is smart, responsible, and works his butt off every shift. Love this addition A LOT.

IIRC he chose Toronto because he thought there was an opportunity for him to show what he was capable of doing.

Injuries have proven him correct.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
I'm with Yosho. He's been an excellent addition for sure. McClement has been a great heart guy for the team, plays hard and gives everything on the ice. Similar to Kulemin but maybe even better defensively. He made a great play picking up a guy in front of our net just as he was about to shoot (and good chance probably score) last night against the Caps.

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
What? He is surely worth a thread at this point for his PK alone, nevermind his newfound offensive prowess. Whatever we want to discuss and make a thread about MEANS it's worthy. Don't step in to direct conversations WE want to have.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I've loved his combination of skating and defensive awareness.

There was a play last night where Reimer had lost sight of the puck eerily close to the net and McClement found it and ever so calmly stick handled it to the back of the net and before you know it, it was out of the zone.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
McClement, proving that bottom sixer isn't just a euphemism for "can't do anything".

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Really liking McClement's play. He does all the right things and plays hard. Also really like what he brings in the offensive zone. He's great with board play / cycling the puck

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
The day that Toronto's offense is good enough to push Kulie and Grabo down to the third line is the day that we'll be a solid contender. These guys would either command opposing team's best defensemen playing against them from the third line (which opens up space for Kessel and Co.) or they play against inferior defensemen and create tonnes of opportunities. 3rd line not because they're not that good but because serious contenders have that sort of depth

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Thread closed
He has been ok but not worth a thread

Let the moderators do their job and decide what deserves a thread and what doesn't. Thanks pal ;).

Back on topic, McClement has been great and you can see why Colorado fans were upset about losing him. He's not a liability, strong defensively and if we could put out 4 McClements on the PK, it'd be a pretty damn good PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad