Practice lineup: The day after the disaster

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

For those who want a summary of changes:

-Lindholm converted to center, wonder what the angle is here

-Bennett on top line rw, perhaps peters was impressed with his game and he's earned the spot for now

-Czarnik in the top 6

-Dube with Lindholm and Neal

-Ryan back in the lineup with Jankowski scratched

-Frolik bumped down the lineup, perhaps the 3M hasn't been all that good after all.

-Brodie with Giordano again

-Stone scratched in favour of andersson and valimaki, maybe the leash isn't long for him

Interesting and long list of changes, wonder how practice is gonna go today.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I actually love those lines.

Good to see Brodano reunited. They are a dominant pairing possession wise. You have to live with the odd glaring mistake Brodie gives up.

Lindholm at C makes sense.

Dube definitely deserves more playing time.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't hate it. Wonder if Bennett gets a chance to stick up there. Anybody else interested in seeing Lindholm centering Gaudreau for a while? Seems to have the same shooters mentality Monahan does but I think he might be an improvement playing the rest of the center position.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Let's be honest. Things took a turn for the worse when the 3M line was reunited. They did well against Boston and sucked after.

Bennett and Czarnik deserve to be in the top 6. I would switch Monahan and Lindholm tbh

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Only player more deserving of a shot on the first line is Tkachuk but there's no reason to separate him and Backlund at the moment.

Bennett has been fantastic this season and deserves this opportunity.

Our first line has been an absolute disaster defensively along with the rest of our team. So refreshing seeing a coach willing to change up the lines so often

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Y'know, for as much flack that Peters gets from people who saw him operate in Carolina, he sure does a lot of stuff our previous coach wouldn't do. Changing the lineups after a loss, for example.

Nice to see Bennett rewarded for his efforts lately. Hopefully he can start wheeling and put a bit of a point streak together or something. God knows he's earned some breaks.

MMA line makes me feel a sorta way.

Third line looks interesting. I still wish Neal was bumped up to play with some players who drive offense a bit better but putting him with Lindholm might give him a spark, and he did have a bit of chem with Dube against the Predators in the first game we played them.

Frolik back where he should be, which is the bottom 6, IMO. He doesn't really have what it takes to be a top 6 player anymore. I like him but he's better suited for grinder minutes I think.

Not really sure what to make of the D pairings, they appear to be blended at will come game time. Wish Brodie would figure it out here soon though.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Only player more deserving of a shot on the first line is Tkachuk but there's no reason to separate him and Backlund at the moment.

Bennett has been fantastic this season and deserves this opportunity.

Our first line has been an absolute disaster defensively along with the rest of our team. So refreshing seeing a coach willing to change up the lines so often
Let's be honest. Things took a turn for the worse when the 3M line was reunited. They did well against Boston and sucked after.

Bennett and Czarnik deserve to be in the top 6. I would switch Monahan and Lindholm tbh

Nobody deserves the first line more than Chucky.

Czarnik has done nothing to show he belongs in the top 6. Bennett while inspired has still not done anything special again this season. Both players have only 3 points showing that while they show moments of flash there is nothing of substance to their play.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Nobody deserves the first line more than Chucky.

Czarnik has done nothing to show he belongs in the top 6. Bennett while inspired has still not done anything special again this season. Both players have only 3 points showing that while they show moments of flash there is nothing of substance to their play.
Czarnik gets the second line skating. Tkachuk and Backlund get bogged down in a slow possession style-game that doesn't work as well anymore in the NHL when Frolik's up there.

Bennett will actually protect Gaudreau when teams take liberties on him. He's earned his shot in the top 6 by showing up every game so far and making the most of his ice time. I'd rather have Lindholm up with them because Monahan looks injured again but it is what it is

I suspect I'm probably by myself on this but I have not been impressed with Tkachuk in the last 5 games despite the points he's put up. He's been far too casual and sloppy with his play imo.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I want to see what happens with this combo:

GMB
James and the Giant Be'ach
DLC

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Actually... why not really shake things up?

Tkachuk - Monahan - Bennett
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Neal
Frolik - Backlund - Hathaway
Janko - Ryan - Czarnik

:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad