Confirmed with Link: Practice facilities can be used again(pending some approval)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not surprised the province and city buckled allowing pro sports teams to use their facilities. But at least the measures in place are extremely restrictive and strict, so I'll give them that.
1 guy on ice at a time. So team members will get 15-30 minute per day time slots. Most of guys likely either already arrived or on their way back.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This is the start of a slow progression. Talk of games at Maple leaf gardens and around the Gta too. Now the leagues might get moving on locations for fanless games to finish out the regular season. I hope we make the playoffs:)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Government approved it, but NHL hasn’t yet.

And no way the NHL allows the leafs back into their facility before others. That wouldn’t go down well at all, sadly.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

And no way the NHL allows the leafs back into their facility before others. That wouldn’t go down well at all, sadly.
I like the Leafs are moving the bar on preparedness for the time when players are given the green light by the league to travel to venues where games are to be played. Toronto is looking like it will be a venue for fanless games. No other teams are preparing like this other than the Canucks from what i know presently

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I like the Leafs are moving the bar on preparedness for the time when players are given the green light by the league to travel to venues where games are to be played. Toronto is looking like it will be a venue for fanless games. No other teams are preparing like this other than the Canucks from what i know presently

Toronto would be an odd choice to be a hub city considering what's going on here still.

Reactions: shortfuze

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If the opening of these facilities occurs in mid to late May, and isn't met in conjunction with all European players having travelled back to their respective NHL cities by then, I think a potential restart aimed for July 1st would be unfeasible/unrealistic.
The logistics for all this must be a nightmare.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
The logistics for all this must be a nightmare.

It is a huge logistical nightmare. It's why I've thought all along this season is toast.

I get the league wanting to salvage this season (and moreso the millions lost), but the fact they keep changing their tune practically every week would affirm that -- neutral sites, one main hub, then expanded to two to four, possibly playing in all 31 cities; completion of regular season, jumping right into the playoffs, expanding from 16 to 24 teams. They're obviously doing their due diligence, but there has to be a breaking point, no? Especially once you factor in travel, testing, quarantine, sanitization, physical distancing, personnel crew, players being away from families, etc.

At least with MLB, who I think will be the first to get up and running and will be the learning points for the NBA and NHL, they had all their players here and in the midst of spring training.

Reactions: ACC1224

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
40oqj8.jpg

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It is a huge logistical nightmare. It's why I've thought all along this season is toast.

I get the league wanting to salvage this season (and moreso the millions lost), but the fact they keep changing their tune practically every week would affirm that -- neutral sites, one main hub, then expanded to two to four, possibly playing in all 31 cities; completion of regular season, jumping right into the playoffs, expanding from 16 to 24 teams. They're obviously doing their due diligence, but there has to be a breaking point, no? Especially once you factor in travel, testing, quarantine, sanitization, physical distancing, personnel crew, players being away from families, etc.

At least with MLB, who I think will be the first to get up and running and will be the learning points for the NBA and NHL, they had all their players here and in the midst of spring training.

Bad TV still gets ratings, especially when everyone's stuck inside with nothing else to do. It'll almost certainly be an absolute nightmare and cast doubt on the League's credibility, but I can't see that being enough to scare them off.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Better tell Muzzy and Mik they can't skate anymore as they rehab from injuries ... there must have been some kind of exception for injured guys. I live close by so will check out on Monday morning to see if anyone on ice.

Injured players are allowed in for rehab, don’t think they’ll let you in da rink

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lisa McLeod said yesterday on The radio, that any player returning To the city needs to quarantine before being allowed to train at the facilities.
She’s minister of Sport for Ontario btw.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Wonder if we’ll still see players spitting on the ice every 5 seconds?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

If the Government approves the NHL will approve

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is the start of a slow progression. Talk of games at Maple leaf gardens and around the Gta too. Now the leagues might get moving on locations for fanless games to finish out the regular season. I hope we make the playoffs:)
Yeah you be bout that money mayne! :clap: Mayne this gon be hard and heavy as our suckas get back to TWERK! We gon swang and swerve, still winning WHAT! Our suckas is ready, others ain't like marchand already knew and told.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
NHL won’t allow the Leafs (and Sens) and other teams into their facilities if there are teams that still aren’t permitted to.

Yep and I think Daly already said something to this effect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad