PP fix = ?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We're really missing someone to control the play along the boards. Sometimes our guys can do it and sometimes they can't, never any consistency.

I also think Methot should get some PP time with Karlsson. He is never going to score, but he can keep the puck in and he is a good passer. Also good has good vision which you need for someone on the PP.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
We need an Alfredsson or Hossa - someone on the side boards who can control and open up space.

Because right now Karlsson isn't given much space and the 3 players not standing in the slot/in front of the net aren't able to move the puck into dangerous enough areas.

The easy answer is Hoffman on the half wall where he scored from yesterday but for some reason they are reluctant to use him there.

RedSeven*

Id like to see EK and Ceci quarterbacking the PP with Ryan, Hoffman and Zbanejad.

And on the second PP have

Turris, Michalek, Stone, EK and Patty W.

I think those are perfect.
2 good units.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Weircioch scares me on the point. His decision making is still slow and he tends to take a long time to get a shot off. He also does not have the foot speed to catch up to the opposition if the puck were to go the other way on the power play.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
My idea of a good PP would just have 3 guys open moving around with their sticks up waiting for one timers(a-la Heatley), one guy in front of the net distracting the goal, and then Karlsson either dishing out one-timers or just taking slapshots. The only one allowed to pass is Karlsson. Bench anyone who does not one to be a citizen of Slapshot City

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
My idea of a good PP would just have 3 guys open moving around with their sticks up waiting for one timers(a-la Heatley), one guy in front of the net distracting the goal, and then Karlsson either dishing out one-timers or just taking slapshots. The only one allowed to pass is Karlsson. Bench anyone who does not one to be a citizen of Slapshot City

I really wish the Sens would work on their one-timers. Ryan has finally gotten a couple off, but none like you see from other teams.

If I was Cameron I would have the PP units practice one-timers every day. Eventually they will get the hang of it.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I mentioned a while ago that the Sens should go to the Umbrella, and they kind of have.

Problem is, they are putting 2 players in front of the net, instead of one behind.

Opposing players are getting to the puck quicker than us, when we shoot off target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad