PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
I'll be at 15/13/14 a week or two into next season:nod: RF14 will follow as soon as RF13 is done in 66 days. Or SA15 if that's doable when SA14 is done.

I'm at 15/13/13 with SA-14 started. I'm currently saving up for RF-14.

So it might be a bit harder than I thought to add a better second forward, eh? :laugh: That would have been a nice addition. Glad you missed out:neener:

I broke down last night and picked up a CD (and I probably overpaid).

He's 20, 5/6 and prefers the left. He earned a 30 IGR in his team debut today.
Code:
Goa	 Def	    Mid     Off     Sho	 Pas	    Tec      Spe	  Hea	     Exp
36 74	 391 97  30 75  36 88  51 88	 197 81  196 91  196 83  196 85  28

Now I've looking for a LM upgrade.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
It seems like one of my PPM goals will imminently be reached - a homegrown NT player! :D

I noticed that both Swedish u18 goalies had worse OR than my 18 y.o. goalie prospect, so I sent an e-mail to the manager. He replied that my goalie was indeed superior, so he should make his NT début soon enough!

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. This was one of my goals when hockey NTs were announced and while I have some players on the junior teams, I'm still working to get someone on the senior NT.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
It seems like one of my PPM goals will imminently be reached - a homegrown NT player! :D

I noticed that both Swedish u18 goalies had worse OR than my 18 y.o. goalie prospect, so I sent an e-mail to the manager. He replied that my goalie was indeed superior, so he should make his NT début soon enough!

Hah. That's awesome. An NT goalie is pretty damn rare.

I broke down last night and picked up a CD (and I probably overpaid).

He's 20, 5/6 and prefers the left. He earned a 30 IGR in his team debut today.
Code:
Goa	 Def	    Mid     Off     Sho	 Pas	    Tec      Spe	  Hea	     Exp
36 74	 391 97  30 75  36 88  51 88	 197 81  196 91  196 83  196 85  28

Now I've looking for a LM upgrade.

Wow. That's expensive! (EDIT: 465M on a player and you still have more money than I do?!? Holy ****!) I was watching that guy, but noticed the bidding was out of my price range fairly early, so I closed his tab and never looked back. Great Qs.

If that's anywhere close to the going rate for 1300 OR, then I might have to give that up and just build SA15:nod:

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
No internet for a week and I have a slim lead on 3rd in handball as I'm currently in second. I've done as much pre-match planning as I can, let's hope my teams don't tank completely in my absence. Catch you all on the 28th or so.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. This was one of my goals when hockey NTs were announced and while I have some players on the junior teams, I'm still working to get someone on the senior NT.

Hah. That's awesome. An NT goalie is pretty damn rare.

Thanks guys! I do believe I caught a break though; some skaters on the team had 1000+ OR, but it turned out that the starting goalie only had ~825. Mine has ~895.

My SA has been churning out high calibre goalies though so it was nice for one to finally make it. I have one 21 y.o. with 86.30% EQ, one 20 y.o. with 90.46% EQ, and my 18 y.o. with 96.94% EQ.

There will be a continuous passing of the torch process soon enough. My current starter is an UFA in ~50 days, and then the starter job will trickle down through my goalies.

SkepticalDougO

Jul 8, 2010
Louisiana
Interesting thing happened in my game yesterday- I used the tactics that canucks suggested, starters go out after a 5 goal lead. Well my guys got off to a 5-0 run in the first 5 minutes, came off for the backups and never went back in. Ended up saving a lot of starter energy this game, backups got a little drained- but they're backups, no one really cares about them. ;)

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Handball's starting to frustrate me. My first pull was a guy with 150 or so OR that went straight into my line-up and was a top 5 player on the team, 2nd pull had 191 OR and was instantly my best player. So I started off well, had an extended stint in first but have steadily dropped and am currently looking at missing playoffs. Despite consistently upgrading my SA without missing a day I went 2 months before pulling another player that could crack the lineup.

My top 3 15 year olds now have ORs of 204, 177, and 173. This is good enough for worst in the league, other than the dead team.

Quite disappointing, I knew luck would be a major determinant early in the game but didn't think I'd have the absolute worst.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Interesting thing happened in my game yesterday- I used the tactics that canucks suggested, starters go out after a 5 goal lead. Well my guys got off to a 5-0 run in the first 5 minutes, came off for the backups and never went back in. Ended up saving a lot of starter energy this game, backups got a little drained- but they're backups, no one really cares about them. ;)

Woot! Nicely done! I have been running my C-team (not my starters nor backups) the past few games on VH and have been securing wins too :D

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
First place II.1 locked up for handball. My goalie is finally back tomorrow from injury. Basically he has played 1 game the past 3 and a half weeks. So he is well rested for the playoffs. Now if I could finally get a 200+ out of my SA... I would be happy. I only have 2 players in the top 22 in my league. 12th and 16th.

I have 2 players above 200 and below 210
4 in the 180's
6 in the 170's
2 in the 160's
6 in the 150's
5 in the 140's

Need some more 200's to keep up with Shadow Babies and Baltic.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
Wow. That's expensive! (EDIT: 465M on a player and you still have more money than I do?!? Holy ****!) I was watching that guy, but noticed the bidding was out of my price range fairly early, so I closed his tab and never looked back. Great Qs.

If that's anywhere close to the going rate for 1300 OR, then I might have to give that up and just build SA15:nod:

I still have a decent amount of cash in soccer and hopefully I can get a LM for around the same price as that CD.

It looks like I peaked on the top OTR list last night; moving up to third. After today's tie in the ChL, I'll be dropping back to 4th and about 25 OR away from 2nd. In addition, Max Mark is suspended for the next match in the ChL.

Over the next two weeks, I'll have a chance to avenge my loses so far this season. The match against the Bombsville squad is highlighted on my calendar.

--------------------------

My handball team is on fire, but I need the 1st place team to lose (or have two draws) in order to move up in the standings.

It's still early in the hockey season, but the Boilermakers have done well. We currently sit in 3rd place. I'm entering the difficult part of my schedule where I'll play three of the top 4 OTS teams in the league and the Goldfish (who have made the playoffs in I.1 that last 6 seasons). Sandwiched in the middle is an easy game against the Force.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
I was one more upset away from being in group 1 for one more draw in hockey NC, now i'm gonna face current runner-up. Oh well, i think it's time i pulled an upset in NC. The only thing that worries me is energy - even if i win and i go against stronger and stronger teams, at one point i'll be defeated and since it's only OTR i'm interested is it worth spending so much energy in NC? Competition in my league is much more "normal" and i don't want to lose too many games later on and in the playoffs.I don't really care about NC right now and wouldn't mind going VL like last season (was against a top 5 team in the country, would have gone VH maybe just for lols but my goalies stink'd and so there was no point).

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I still have a decent amount of cash in soccer and hopefully I can get a LM for around the same price as that CD.

Crazy, man, crazy. I guess I missed my chance to upgrade for a decent price. I've been spending too much money on depth/prospects lately. Save up or start SA15?

Over the next two weeks, I'll have a chance to avenge my loses so far this season. The match against the Bombsville squad is highlighted on my calendar.

Have I got a surprise for you. Oh yes. If I have the balls to go through with it. I've been working on this game since I lost to the Coronas. I don't think I'll get penalized for the lineup I want to use. I hope not anyway. I didn't want to test anything and give it away. But I guarantee you will be surprised:darth:

My handball team is on fire, but I need the 1st place team to lose (or have two draws) in order to move up in the standings.

I have to play the 3rd place team while the first place team plays the scrub I just killed yesterday. But it looks like RunnyOnion, in 3rd and only 3 points up on 4th, is happy with saving energy for the playoffs. He played 4th place yesterday and went VL/L. I'm probably going on high to start just to make sure things go well.

If I win, or 1st place Kalamazoo loses or ties, then we get to play for all the marbles on the last day of the regular season. Unfortunately I'll be on the road for that one. I might switch back to Normal for the match with Runnyonion and use High as a surprise vs Kalamazoo. Hmm.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Big surprise to abso-****ing-lutely no one, I screwed up my NC Quarter Final match today. I guess I had someone suspended or something. Played CF Colt Diaz at CD (9igr), CD Todd Strickland at CM (10igr), and CM Jacek Bortmanski at SM (18igr). FFFFUUUUUUUUU&^!&^!&^!&!

If Bortmanski plays at his normal position (CM) and Strickland plays at his normal position (CD), then the only problem would have been CF Colt Diaz at RM. But the other guy was playing backups. Pretty much admitted to giving me the game. So Diaz at RM would not have been enough to cost me the game. ****.

C'est La Vie.

In Handball, I got my match for the title:nod: I know it's just a regular season title, but it would be nice to steal it. Kalamazoo has probably been in first for 80+% of the season. I'll be on the road, and I picked up an injury, but Rivers and Harper have me feeling good.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Big surprise to abso-****ing-lutely no one, I screwed up my NC Quarter Final match today. I guess I had someone suspended or something. Played CF Colt Diaz at CD (9igr), CD Todd Strickland at CM (10igr), and CM Jacek Bortmanski at SM (18igr). FFFFUUUUUUUUU&^!&^!&^!&!

If Bortmanski plays at his normal position (CM) and Strickland plays at his normal position (CD), then the only problem would have been CF Colt Diaz at RM. But the other guy was playing backups. Pretty much admitted to giving me the game. So Diaz at RM would not have been enough to cost me the game. ****.

C'est La Vie.

In Handball, I got my match for the title:nod: I know it's just a regular season title, but it would be nice to steal it. Kalamazoo has probably been in first for 80+% of the season. I'll be on the road, and I picked up an injury, but Rivers and Harper have me feeling good.

That sucks man but go for the win in handball. Extra coin and 4.14 OTR... well worth it.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
That sucks man but go for the win in handball. Extra coin and 4.14 OTR... well worth it.

Just pulled a 3.5 star player with 258OR. I really like my chances tomorrow:naughty:

Jay woodall. Not a top AQ guy, but I think his EQ might be okay.

As far as the soccer NC, I've been making it a point to login every morning to avoid the monumental stupidity that plagued last season. This morning might be the first time I didn't get on all season:laugh:

Last edited:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
I pulled a 171 goalie. . . I'll take it, I desperately needed a decent backup (I've been using a 136 OR as a backup).

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Finally something decent again, 2.5* across the board, 241 universal back. And look at this, he is 6/6 :yo:

Ofc unless his Q's jump considerably he'll be on the market by the time i need cash for further upgrades.

ps/edit: tujague i see your player as 78% AvQ.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I pulled a 171 goalie. . . I'll take it, I desperately needed a decent backup (I've been using a 136 OR as a backup).

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and pulled a very similar backp goalie. Even though he's 10-15 OR behind my starter, the pull has become my starter simply because of energy. I thought it was another wasted pull when I got him, but I wouldn't have made this late run without him. He's tops in the league in save % right now.

Finally something decent again, 2.5* across the board, 241 universal back. And look at this, he is 6/6 :yo:

Ofc unless his Q's jump considerably he'll be on the market by the time i need cash for further upgrades.

ps/edit: tujague i see your player as 78% AvQ.

Nice pull:)

Woodall won't be quite that good. It looks like he's between 72 & 75. I didn't think he was that high because he didn't show up on the Top AQ in the country list. I guess the country and world lists don't update as soon as the League lists. He's now on the country AQ list right behind last weeks 257 OR pull. Two guys over 250 OR and 70+AQ in consecutive weeks is just dirty:laugh:

I currently have the top two players in the US:amazed: I have the top three players in my league, and five of the top 10. That's so wrong:naughty: And it's amazing considering I had gotten nothing from my Academy for the first five weeks of the season.

Woodall might end up being a winger if his Qs hold up. I don't think I've ever had one of those before and I have no clue how to use them, to be honest. My wingers don't do anything when I'm attacking with my Backs or Pivot. Heck, my Pivot doesn't even do much (2-4 shots per game max) when I'm attacking with the Backs. Is that just how Handball works? Or is that just because my wings and Pivot suck?

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
My player isn't that good Q wise at first glance, we'll see tomorrow how high he traines. xyz I'm happy about CL because practicly all of my pulls have been 5/6. I'll probably sell him before next season as i don't want to risk him dropping to 5/6. I'll probably be selling players until i start getting 300 OR pulls or at least very high Q players 250+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad