PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011
NICE :)

I love trophies :)

but still does not mean im going to win the series. I remember season 1 team USA lost his 1st and 2nd goalie for the finals and still managed to beat me.

BTW, why did you do this before a match against Mojo when you had a great shot at making the finals?

If Tubbs sells for more than 70M I will very likely buy 2 NT quality players and put facilities/arena on hold. At 70M, so far, Id have 200M to play with at start of the season :)

I put a small explanation on the PPM forum. My thinking is that if I went to a game 3 in the semis, I'd either be playing you at your house, Mojo at his, or Erratic at my place. (Or I guess maybe only Mojo or Erratic...I forget the permutations). In all 3 I would be a longshot. So I decided instead to start my first camp which gives me just enough time to get 2 full camps in before the beginning of the next season. In the playoffs, I had lost every away game so far and only won my home games in OT. My key players were tired and wanted the first full season in I.1 to end. I really wanted to finish top 4 and I accomplished that.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I still think i am a playoff team without Tubbs. I'd lose 1 team strength

well that considering the current teams. I know that some very good teams are joining the party.

I dont think it matters who win among Baltic and McGees as I think both will promote.
If you are counting me out of top 6 then I say you will the fighting for 8th spot ;)

200M very nice. I can see you looking at NT player level as next year I see you fighting it out for a playoff spot now with Tubbs gone and your current team.

I will have 25M to play with at the start of the season. Already have it spent... well I have the next 3 seasons already mapped out. I am sticking with the team I have now and what ever the SA/Draft brings.

Out of the teams coming up I think Megees should beat Baltic and then baltic loses to Hanover. Hanover should be top 5 team next season. I would rather have Baltic than Hanover in I.1.

Okra/San Crispino will struggle in I.1 and the loser should lose to repairman if the energy is not too bad.

Beer and Badel should both come up as well and struggle.

So I figure I will be back fighting it out for 8th spot again which is not good for me. Either way next year with the energy levels will make for a very interesting season as a good losing streak on N/N to N/H will make for some desperate times.

I think the top 6 will be Mojo, Megees, Hanover, Salt Lake, Covington and Erratic. The rest of us will battle it out for the last two 2 spots. Mind you the difference between the 6-14 spot is not that great. So barring a major collapse or some very good early season market moves its going to be a royal slugfest.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
honestly, with new great teams coming to D1 I dont think you will have that opportunity at making the finals anytime soon. Well it could happen, but the competition is getting tougher if you know what i mean.

I'd rather have some players on training camp at the start of next season for a few days. I think we would still have 2 days in this season and 5 on the other. dont recall.

I put a small explanation on the PPM forum. My thinking is that if I went to a game 3 in the semis, I'd either be playing you at your house, Mojo at his, or Erratic at my place. (Or I guess maybe only Mojo or Erratic...I forget the permutations). In all 3 I would be a longshot. So I decided instead to start my first camp which gives me just enough time to get 2 full camps in before the beginning of the next season. In the playoffs, I had lost every away game so far and only won my home games in OT. My key players were tired and wanted the first full season in I.1 to end. I really wanted to finish top 4 and I accomplished that.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
I am counting you out of top 5 with the current team. You have a hole to fill now and as you said 200M to fill it. :) All I am saying is I.1 league's bulk of teams are good to really good. There are a few teams that are very good and without TUBBS or equivalent replacements your team is back in the good to really good zone. That 26 experience and 90+ chemistry is going to be missed for awhile

Last edited:

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
takes half season to get the chemistry, so no big deal

the experience .. yeah, that will be sure missed. the current replacement is 40 OR lower and also has some good experience so not like the end of the world.

without Tubbs I think I am not a title contender anymore but still am a playoff team.

BTW: Baltic has a monster team!!! So if I want to content for title Id have to do some major upgrade. That may cost playoff position (could finish at lower side) but would finish strong.

honestly, with new great teams coming to D1 I dont think you will have that opportunity at making the finals anytime soon. Well it could happen, but the competition is getting tougher if you know what i mean.

I'd rather have some players on training camp at the start of next season for a few days. I think we would still have 2 days in this season and 5 on the other. dont recall.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
i dont change the Matchtime

between MatchLive and DoMatch ADD the following

SimulateMatch(10); ShowTime();

10 = seconds. you can go at as many as the match_end shows.
you wont be able to fast forward. if you want to do so, just change the value on SimulateMatch save and refresh.

and u need to wait till the page shows the goalies before editing the source code

Worked like a charm!

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
My 1st pick selected in round 1 of draft (10 overall) (scouted) W Lance Keown OR 349 AvQ 69%

My 2nd pick selected in round 2 of draft (31 overall) (scouted) G Kane Khan OR 323 AvQ 86% Goa 75/93 Pas 51/89 Tec 59/89

They both are my first players to train over 1.00 without being in camp.

These guys any good?

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
My 1st pick selected in round 1 of draft (10 overall) (scouted) W Lance Keown OR 349 AvQ 69%

My 2nd pick selected in round 2 of draft (31 overall) (scouted) G Kane Khan OR 323 AvQ 86% Goa 75/93 Pas 51/89 Tec 59/89

They both are my first players to train over 1.00 without being in camp.

These guys any good?

Goalie would be worth some money. The first guy not likely, though hard to tell with only his AQ.

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Goalie would be worth some money. The first guy not likely, though hard to tell with only his AQ.
Knew I forgot something.....

Lance Keown Off 72/63 Sho 52/73 Pas 49/65 Tec 59/89 Agr 52/75

Doesn't look all that good does it?

Khan looks like a keeper though. His OR 86 equals the guy I sold for 120+ Million last year. He is the first ever 5* player that I have ever had.

What qualifies for a A+ player in the draft anyways? 90+ in all AvQ's?

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
On another note, would it appear completely self-serving if I switched the US NT arena from the vacant Vectordome (home of the Irresistible Force) to my arena that will be 100% complete on Saturday? Seriously, I think our boys are sick of cleaning the cobwebs off of things they leave in the locker room during the week.

Since the host arena owner doesn't actually get anything from national team games, I doubt anyone will even notice the change.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Since the host arena owner doesn't actually get anything from national team games, I doubt anyone will even notice the change.

Heh, Ziggy put the kibosh on that. He snagged my arena for the U20 team. Not quite sure how suggesting he use Norman Bates Arena triggered him to use mine, but it did.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Knew I forgot something.....

Lance Keown Off 72/63 Sho 52/73 Pas 49/65 Tec 59/89 Agr 52/75

Doesn't look all that good does it?

Khan looks like a keeper though. His OR 86 equals the guy I sold for 120+ Million last year. He is the first ever 5* player that I have ever had.

What qualifies for a A+ player in the draft anyways? 90+ in all AvQ's?

It likely was, now it'll be 75+ I think.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
They should have done 5*=A , 4*=B 3*=C [2-0]*=D as it matches what they have and it would be a different way of showing it.

OG picked up the first of its two new CF's :) All excited. This should really help with keeping in the top 8 of the II.4

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
So end of the season for handball. Ended up with around 78-85 energy on all my starters. This included a final 8 for NC. How was everyone else's energy around ? I would assume similar. Boy I am glad that season is over. What a tough long year.

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011
So end of the season for handball. Ended up with around 78-85 energy on all my starters. This included a final 8 for NC. How was everyone else's energy around ? I would assume similar. Boy I am glad that season is over. What a tough long year.

There were a few positions where some guys played both ways and didn't have sufficient backups. They ended up around 75 and were really degrading at the end. The others were in the low 80s. Hopefully building in a little more depth next season.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013

Most of my main guys were high 70s/low 80s. The only exceptions are my pivot (63) that I bought mid season, and Breznicky (70), who must have lost energy from putting the team on his back.

Next season will likely be better as I will finally have depth for the first time. After Berti sells, assuming he does sell, I'm planning on buying 3-4 players that I can rotate whenever necessary. It sucks to get rid of my best player, but it must be done.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease

78 is my lowest, and then a fairly continuous distribution up to the mid 90's, depending on when up-and-comers rotated into the lineup.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I'm surprised my handball energy isn't worse. I guess using an offensive and defensive lineup saved me a bit. One player is at 72, but he played both ways for most of the season to build up exp. My other starters are 76-78. And the goalie is at 75, but that's only because he was injured so much.

It looks like I have one more game. So take away 1.5 more points for VH.

In soccer, I'm out of the ChL. All that drama about helping people out of debt and I forgot about the first match with Obryantj. Not that I actually had a chance, but it would have been nice if I had made the changes that I wanted to make. Lost 0-4. So I'll play the backups in game 2.

In league play, my team finally beat up on a crap team. I've been struggling with everyone this season, and I have had some awful results. I won't bore you with a list, but I will say that I lost 0-1 to a team with 107OTS. That hasn't happened in a long ass time. So i played the kids yesterday in the rematch. On High. And they finally scored some goals. Colt Diaz scored 4, or one less than he's scored in the other 19 games. And Korbetsky scored twice, his first two on the season.

I still can't believe how bad those two and Dekker have been this season. I really thought I had something good here. What in the hell is up with Dekker anyway? Dude has 33 shots total in 9 games. Only 11 on target. Only two found the back of the net. Is something wrong with his distro?
Off 478 98
Sho 339 75
Pas 105 96
Tec 282 97
Spe 302 91
Hea 110 98
Exp 97
Chem 98

In hockey, stuff is happening. I assume.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I think they have gone draft mad. Are they really going to have it every other week?

Yeah, that part makes no sense. If they say they've been listening to feedback... nowhere did I see feedback saying this was such a success let's have twice as many drafts!

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

Agreed. On top of the extra credits they will sell, I assume they have some advertisements on the draft page as well.

The draft is also a good way to deflect a lot of the criticism PPM receives about the SA. Complaints about choosing the right position. Complaints about some teams getting too many good pulls, and others not getting any.

My only problem is the top teams getting to pick at the top of the draft. I would prefer it to be weighted in some way to favor the lower ranked teams.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Many will feel like they have been shot by both sides. :) Not low or high enough. But we will see how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad