PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
Now I question how PPM is doing financially. If they are pushing things to sell it cant be good.

Problem is: who is going to spend 10 credits just to click on a order button? I wouldn't considering it would cost almost as much as the entire season of pro Id i chose to do so every draft.

If it actually start benefiting pro managers on draft, the only way to be competitive would be buying the package. For 4 sports. considering they give 10% for each additional team its added for one team, for 4 teams it would cost 350 credits.

350 credits cost 36 euros. that is, around 50 US$ !!!!!!! that is an insane amount of money per 3 months.

If being pro managers is necessary to get great players and thus be competitive, i see people quitting or dropping most of their teams.

While it is still not necessary to pay to have the same chances of pro users, who in hell will want to spend EVERY weekend of their lifes for drafts considering they play 4 teams??? they will end up quitting.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
the entire reason i draft system exists is to help lower teams. It is never meant to help top teams!!!!

the entire reason draft exists at PPM is a tool to make money.

Agreed. On top of the extra credits they will sell, I assume they have some advertisements on the draft page as well.

The draft is also a good way to deflect a lot of the criticism PPM receives about the SA. Complaints about choosing the right position. Complaints about some teams getting too many good pulls, and others not getting any.

My only problem is the top teams getting to pick at the top of the draft. I would prefer it to be weighted in some way to favor the lower ranked teams.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Agreed. On top of the extra credits they will sell, I assume they have some advertisements on the draft page as well.

The draft is also a good way to deflect a lot of the criticism PPM receives about the SA. Complaints about choosing the right position. Complaints about some teams getting too many good pulls, and others not getting any.

My only problem is the top teams getting to pick at the top of the draft. I would prefer it to be weighted in some way to favor the lower ranked teams.

I think the draft was a perfect opportunity for PPM to really put an exclamation mark on the brand. The first one was a write-off, something to learn by and that's fine. But, I must say, the changes just posted go against much of what I would advise. My GaS meter has dropped considerably and I will likely only be on the live draft if I happen to be at my computer at the time.

As far as the prices go? I think they're far too high for draft PlusPack features for non-Pro managers. Like b4e stated in the press release, given the frequency of the draft and the cost associated with the sort feature, you're basically best to buy a full ProPack.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
really my complaint isnt the fact they are trying to get some money. they need to find ways and i am 1005 fine with that.

but they make in such a drastic way that one must be pro manger pretty much to benefit and it is not cheap if one wants to be competitive in all sports!!!

at this point for the good of ppm, im hoping draft will never produce good players and be a worthless thing so people dont care if others are pro for that feature.

if it succeeds on producing great players than it may be the end of ppm as many will quit or reduce to a single sport.

well the other way for people to stick is if one starts to build non approved extensions or greasemonkey modifications that would provide many of those features for free to normal users

when i said "pro features belong to pro pages" i didnt meant to say put the buttons as new ways to charge users!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
you dont need to be online as you have a lifetime pro pack ;)

I think the draft was a perfect opportunity for PPM to really put an exclamation mark on the brand. The first one was a write-off, something to learn by and that's fine. But, I must say, the changes just posted go against much of what I would advise. My GaS meter has dropped considerably and I will likely only be on the live draft if I happen to be at my computer at the time.

As far as the prices go? I think they're far too high for draft PlusPack features for non-Pro managers. Like b4e stated in the press release, given the frequency of the draft and the cost associated with the sort feature, you're basically best to buy a full ProPack.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

I'd try to be online if I scouted an A. But other than that? I doubt it.

I think my problem is what they choose to charge for and the amount. 10 credits to sort is crazy.

at this point for the good of ppm, im hoping draft will never produce good players and be a worthless thing so people dont care if others are pro for that feature.

if it succeeds on producing great players than it may be the end of ppm as many will quit or reduce to a single sport.

I don't see the connection between getting good pulls and people quitting. Care to elaborate?

Maybe what they should do is let us keep the regular pulls. Then they could have a draft every week if it's making them money:yashin:

well the other way for people to stick is if one starts to build non approved extensions or greasemonkey modifications that would provide many of those features for free to normal users.

I'm surprised we don't have more of this. There was a great greasemonkey script for HockeyArena. It gave an option to see age/OR & seasonal stats in a game summary. Click a button to see that and then click it again to go back to game stats. I loved that. It also added a link to an outside site that would give you a Team comparison for any league. I was very happy to see the Team Comps finally come to PPM. Those are excellent. Still waiting on that game summary thing though.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
The idea of having to be online at a certain time they decide for draft has been flawed from the start. If that is the direction they want to go they might as well scrap the whole draft idea and implement that you have to be online at 04:00 in the morning to negotiate with sponsors and you have to pay 10 credits when you click "sign with sposor".

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I will elaborate. Let me give a sample of a average Joe who logs in once a week ....

Current Way to get player:
Once a week, so all a manager has to do is be active once a week. his chances to get a quality player is the same as anyone else. The OR of player depends on Facilities

New Way.
Every other week ...
1. He must be on every single day. if he is not he will either
a. Have to spend 1 credit for every player he wants to scout so he is not in disadvantage. that could be 20+ credits OR
b. Let the system picks crap players for him an be in huge disadvantage against other managers
2. On Draft Day, he must either
a. pay pro package so he can have best chance of getting players. that after spending his 20+ credits to have the players scouted. so, so far his cost is 115 credits just to be in the same page as other managers who are pro manager or are hardcore online every day.
b. Be online. so either that is his favorite day and time to be online or he is forced to be on a second day in the week. If he chose to be online he probably spent the 20+ to have players scouted or else is pointless
c. forget about being online as he decided not to pay to have players scouted and deal with much worse players he used to as other managers snapped the good ones.

He will soon realize he is getting much behind in the game and ... QUIT

So now lets use another example of a hardcore manager that dont like to spend much. That is the majority normal active managers. Often they either dont have pro or for just a team.

this manager will have to either
a. be online every weekend for all 4 sports (im already considering basketball) Or
b. Pay Pro Pack for all 4 sports. That would be a 350 credit bill per season.

Well, he currently does not have Pro for all sports for a reason and draft may not change his way. he willl soon realize that he spends his weekend time in the beach or with girls, family and others and will realize the ones with pro pack are getting the nice pulls

he will then be forced to either
a. Pay the damn 350 credits per season OR
b. ignore or drop the sports he is not paying pro and focus into just one he can be competitive. Very likely the must current sport. Now Handball and soon probably the chosen one would be basketball.

People already quit because they cant see ways to get away from D3 or D4 and see D2 teams impossible to ever beat and D1 as untouchable Gods! And now those managers will get even more advantage (Im considering that D1 managers are all hardcore ones)

we dont have greasemonkey because mostly there was nothing much to add as advantage other than a training script. not really worth risking getting banned for that.
Now that all new features are made for Pro Packs it may start looking more interesting having a non approved add on for the game, and I suspect it will happen.

One bot could be developed to do the draft. and now that it will happen every week and the cost to use its features it is very worth developing one.

tha is ... if there is enough managers left to play with ...

and if i wasnt clear explaning

currently the quality of pulled players are randon for everybody.
New way only the ones that have PRO or show on draft will be in the pool for good players. the rest will draft crap.

so now, the relation is that pro managers and hardcores that shows every weekend will pull the great ones while the average Joe will have no chance of getting a good player and see his team getting worse than others and not improving at all.

Now speaking for myself. Before this draft i have told some people, in private, i was thinking on dropping my hockey team and very likely my soccer.
With this new every other week draft chances are i will drop both for good. AND, i am not even an average Joe ...

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Okay. Yeah. I don't give a **** about one day a week guy;) More than likely his team isn't good enough that a good pull will make much difference.

The other thing is a maybe. But really, if this makes someone quit, then they were looking for a reason to quit.

If you're on every day, then you can scout your draftees everyday. If you scout an A player, then you either:
a) make time to get on for the draft and hope you get him
b) you don't get on and hope you get him
c) pay a credit and put him to the top of your list and hope you get him.

You're probably not going to scout an A every week. If you do, then choose one of the above. If you don't want to spend credits (and I'm totally that way), and you don't want to be online, then that's your problem.

There's really no reason to worry about the later rounds. No other player grades really matter. You either get the rare A guy that you scout in round 1, or you get lucky and find the hidden gem. The ProPack isn't going to help you find the hidden gem whether you're at the draft or have players sorted. After the As are gone, you have 3-4 pulls where you're just hoping to find the Hidden Gem. Just like a normal youth pull.

This ProPack/draft thing is not an issue as far as I can tell.

I think this part is the real problem with PPM:
People already quit because they cant see ways to get away from D3 or D4 and see D2 teams impossible to ever beat and D1 as untouchable Gods! And now those managers will get even more advantage (Im considering that D1 managers are all hardcore ones)

It wiped out US I.1 hockey. It's wrecking US I.1 soccer, too. zomg finished in 4th place 100 times in a row and he was getting killed by the top two in sponsors. Yep, the 4th best team can't compete with the teams right above him. That's ludicrous. They give out too much money too quickly. So any team with a bit of success can get to the front and stay there if they put in the effort.

But no one wants to fix that problem. It hurts too many of the big teams. We've already tossed this bone back and forth, so I'm not getting into that again:naughty:

EDIT: Congrats EspOrrsito! Good luck in I.1:nod:

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
you should care for the once a week dude. they are the ones that fill D3 and D4 and make sure the sponsor money is higher for D1 !!!!!!

If we had even more to have a D5 more money for USA !!!!!

If they get more motivated they can become more hardcore and help pulling NT players

The way things go we could be moved to the "Other World" league ....

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
heh
i will just switch to the iron leagues of Canada. :)

Money has always been the issue. I am already way behind in hanball to 4 teams and those 4 teams are so far behind the big leagues.

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
EDIT: Congrats EspOrrsito! Good luck in I.1:nod:
Thanks!

BC lost the first game of the Semifinal by 9 to the almost unbeatable top team in the league....and I thought of this
George Costanza: Yeah. No, no, no, wait a minute, I always have tuna on toast. Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast. I want the complete opposite of on toast. Chicken salad, on rye, untoasted ... and a cup of tea.
So I went pretty much with the opposite tactics that I was using.

BC was losing game 2 with less than one minute remaining in the second half and the boys scored at 59:12 and then at 59:49 to tie it and then won in OT.

I put in a total rookie goalie for game 3 and he responded with a 50% save performance and the team was on to the finals.

The finals, we were up against the second best team in the league, they won game 1 by only 1 goal. We won the next two.

What a turn around season, after going 1-1-5 in the first 7 games we went 35-1-9 and then 6-2 in the playoffs.

After my horrible start I did have my cursor over the revoke team button more than once!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Thanks!

BC lost the first game of the Semifinal by 9 to the almost unbeatable top team in the league....and I thought of this
So I went pretty much with the opposite tactics that I was using.

BC was losing game 2 with less than one minute remaining in the second half and the boys scored at 59:12 and then at 59:49 to tie it and then won in OT.

I put in a total rookie goalie for game 3 and he responded with a 50% save performance and the team was on to the finals.

The finals, we were up against the second best team in the league, they won game 1 by only 1 goal. We won the next two.

What a turn around season, after going 1-1-5 in the first 7 games we went 35-1-9 and then 6-2 in the playoffs.

After my horrible start I did have my cursor over the revoke team button more than once!

Wow. Fantastic turn around. :yo:

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
My best pull of the season 246OR 2* player. SA11 and 31% Youth training. Did I take the player. Hell ya! That is now the new line for worst player on the team. :)
Training camp had a 1.85 and a total of 7 players above 1.30 which is nice. Darron Marrero could sneak into the top 20 players in I.1 this week. 105 days on the team

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Oh wow here is my pulls this year

Nathan Gentile Back 249 Avq 60
Don Calabrese Pivot 264 Avq 62
Arnold Wolfe Wing 242 Avq 57
Oswald Kushion Back 236 Avq 51
Mack Omalley Wing 279 Avq 59
Lyndon Grace Pivot 220 Avq 51

So embellishing it a little. Boy looking at that list makes me a little sad.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
For tescosamoa. My handball keepers this season:
USA Alan Byrd 74 6/6 306
USA Mohammed Dinninger 75 5/6 363
USA Nate Cicalo 55 5/6 296 *sold*
USA Bruce Vandermeer 48 6/6 251 *sold*

No one else was worth looking at. Byrd is an okay goalie, but his tertiary Qs are only 59/60. He could be a decent, reliable backup if his CL holds up. But will more than likely be sold at some point. Dinninger is a nice player, but 5/6 and his speed Q is only 54. He's been in the lineup all season. Playing on the Wing mostly, but he's been moved to Back when I fixed my lineup to start the playoffs. He could also be a decent Pivot. I moved Draper into the P spot, but I could definitely see myself flipping those two at some point.

Hah. My season went the other way:laugh: I started out as good as ever. The team went into the tank forever. Then finally played like they normally do in the last two playoff games to get me 3rd place.

I like your season a bit better than mine;)

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
"How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?"

—Jacques Plante

"I'm just glad it wasn't machete night."

—Bob Froese after Rangers fans threw mugs on the ice during mug night

img0024.jpg

10.+DaveSchultz.jpg

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
how about a new thread for draft talk and new coming handball???
although i am getting tired of complaining of draft lol

well done EspOrrsito !!!

Season 1 i lost the finals when Team USA played rookieS goalies as his both starters were down on injuries.

player condition is key in the final games!!!

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
It's crazy how cheap veteran players are in soccer. I just got an 1100 OR side midfielder for 1.7 mil, and an 1180 OR goalie for 6 mil. Not bad!

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
just show how worthless is for managers that didn't start the game from season 1 is to train their own even when they have great facilities.

If i were to start today on soccer/hockey and perhaps even handball id just build HR and Arena (and some Maintenance to reduce cost). And build any other facilities only when my Arena was fully built.

It's crazy how cheap veteran players are in soccer. I just got an 1100 OR side midfielder for 1.7 mil, and an 1180 OR goalie for 6 mil. Not bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad