PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
While it is a nice tool and can be helpful, It's EOR is quite off. It says my 3rd and 4th goalies are my top two goalies in handball, it says my weakest, 3rd pairing defenceman is hockey is my 3rd best, while my top pairing defenceman is only 7th. 540-270-270 over 440-220-220 ... and by 200+ points... really? http://i.imgur.com/TBDsEGk.png

This guy over this one?

Though i guess it's more for end-game users where most if not all players are trained in the same ratio, so forgive my lack of enthusiasm. I ca also be helpful for NT managers but then again not all players are trained in same ratios (shot on forwards and def, defenders with lower tech, hard to compare defenders w and w/o shot).

Edit: regarding the bolded about handball goalies, I think it is mostly because i haven't really trained the least important attributes on my goalies so the ones with lower OR are have their lesser skills 'closer' to the ratio. I think a fix for EOR shouldn't be that much of a problem (well i know you didn't make this program, if you can you can forward the post to author :) ), just change so all skills don't have equal value - like for handball 1 x primary, 0.7 x red skill, 0.5 x blue skill, 0.3 x green skill

That way having least imporant skills closer to ratio won't make player EOR better than having better primary / secondary skills but green ones lower than ratio.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
While it is a nice tool and can be helpful, It's EOR is quite off. It says my 3rd and 4th goalies are my top two goalies in handball, it says my weakest, 3rd pairing defenceman is hockey is my 3rd best, while my top pairing defenceman is only 7th. 540-270-270 over 440-220-220 ... and by 200+ points... really? http://i.imgur.com/TBDsEGk.png

This guy over this one?

Though i guess it's more for end-game users where most if not all players are trained in the same ratio, so forgive my lack of enthusiasm. I ca also be helpful for NT managers but then again not all players are trained in same ratios (shot on forwards and def, defenders with lower tech, hard to compare defenders w and w/o shot).

What ratios are you using? If you put something in for tech or shot that would do it. It EORs to the smallest attribute in the ratio. My top C is rated 3 or 4 because his shooting is only 40% compared to my 70% in my PPMe settings.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Normally 2-1-1-1 for defenceman. But i bought most of them when they had very different ratios so it's hard to compare.
Anyway, something wierd with EQ: in settings i set a center should have ratio 10-9-5-5, and i saved it, but when i go sort my players for EQ only to see who has the best EQ for a center, this guy gets very low.

Ehm, well actually i think all are wrong, just wanted to point out with this guy who has great Qs but it shows very low so it is obvious.

Also regarding my defenceman, that Smrček guy, if i set ratio 10-5-3-5 he gets 1530 EOR, if i set 10-5-5-5, he gets 1119. Quite a big difference for just 109 tech. difference.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Normally 2-1-1-1 for defenceman. But i bought most of them when they had very different ratios so it's hard to compare.
Anyway, something wierd with EQ: in settings i set a center should have ratio 10-9-5-5, and i saved it, but when i go sort my players for EQ only to see who has the best EQ for a center, this guy gets very low.

Ehm, well actually i think all are wrong, just wanted to point out with this guy who has great Qs but it shows very low so it is obvious.

Also regarding my defenceman, that Smrček guy, if i set ratio 10-5-3-5 he gets 1530 EOR, if i set 10-5-5-5, he gets 1119. Quite a big difference for just 109 tech. difference.

There's nothing wrong with the code. The PPM Mag article outlines all this.

EQ: EQ is influenced by C/L. The lower the C/L the more decreased EQ is from a weighted average of the Qs. This will have on/off functionality later just like Che/Exp/Ene for EOR.

EOR: It goes by the limiting attribute. So if you set 2:1:1:1 as your ratio and a player is 200:100:70:100 then his EOR will be 350 (140+70+70+70) which is why you see such a huge difference in EOR values by simply changing the tech value in your settings.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
There's nothing wrong with the code. The PPM Mag article outlines all this.

EQ: EQ is influenced by C/L. The lower the C/L the more decreased EQ is from a weighted average of the Qs. This will have on/off functionality later just like Che/Exp/Ene for EOR.

OK that makes sens, I remember reading in the article about influence of CL.

EOR: It goes by the limiting attribute. So if you set 2:1:1:1 as your ratio and a player is 200:100:70:100 then his EOR will be 350 (140+70+70+70) which is why you see such a huge difference in EOR values by simply changing the tech value in your settings.

I guess using players with (quite) different ratios limits the use of this, thougt when i do a rebuild and will mostly keep all players in same ratio it will be much more useful :)

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
OK that makes sens, I remember reading in the article about influence of CL.

I guess using players with (quite) different ratios limits the use of this, thougt when i do a rebuild and will mostly keep all players in same ratio it will be much more useful :)

Awesome, now I don't have to manually input all this into a spreadsheet.

EDIT: Unfortunate result, Coronas win 1-0 on a PK....almost held them off the score sheet. Bad news for Boilermakers.

Glad you're finding it useful! You can also export your player's Attys and Qs to a CSV if you wanted to do your own analysis.

Out of curiosity, did everyone accept submitting SA data?

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
Awesome, now I don't have to manually input all this into a spreadsheet.

EDIT: Unfortunate result, Coronas win 1-0 on a PK....almost held them off the score sheet. Bad news for Boilermakers.

Looks like I took one on the chin today and that I'll finish 2nd in the league this season.

That's insane. I meant my 5 guys on the team will be backups:(

That sounds ominous. But I wasn't really referring to this game. End of the season games are different. I meant playing you or the Coronas on the road is almost a guaranteed loss. So at any other point in the season, I probably wouldn't burn the energy in your stadium.

At this point in the season, I'm looking for OTR. I've clinched 2nd place and would need Doug to pull off a miraculous draw or win and beat you to win the league.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
Full details here: PPM Mag Article

There's a lot of nice things with this. Good work between you and Mr. Orange.

With the following, please note that I have not installed the extension.

Here's my questions:
  • What formula are you using for EQ (assuming CL is turned off)? Weighted average or weighted harmonic average?
  • What information does the extension collect? Is it limited entirely to academy data?
    • PM me if you'd like someone else, with a different quantitative background, to analyze that data. I may have some time available in about 3 weeks. It might be interesting to compare results.
  • Are there plans to allow ratios to vary by player?

• For example: If I have a defenseman with a high shot quality and want to train him at a different ratio than my other defensemen, I'd like his EQ to use a different formula.
    • For the market section, the default by position would be acceptable.
    • A dynamic formula which varies by player based on each player's qualities would fall in the "exceeds expectations" category (i.e. train shooting at 0.5 if shooting Q > 50, but less than 75; train shooting at 0.6 if shooting Q > 75; else train shooting at 0.0)

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
On the 112th day of Christmas.....

Pretty sure the fees get reset on day 112 and not 113. As a PRO pack owner you can see in your transfer list how many days ago you sold certain player, the number goes to '111', then it's ' - ' .

I can confirm this for handball.

Attachments

• PPM_Handball_Transfers.JPG
    PPM_Handball_Transfers.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 4

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Not even autopilot and just check pulls for the Irish NT?

There won't be an Irish NT as my team are in the World League.

BTW, great work from you and Mr. Orange on the extension - really like the look of it.

But as has already been mentioned by Obryantj, are there plans to allow differences regarding training ratios?

~~~

I just threw 8 soccer players onto the TL if anyone would like to take a look.

Centre Backs
Blair Flynn - NT player - 1497 OR - 22yo - 4/6 CL
Basoz Karcayli - 1087 OR - 20yo - 5/6 CL

Full Back
Chris Oxenham - NT Player - 1141 OR - 19yo - 5/6 CL

Centre Forwards
Vavrinec Smeral - 1242 OR - 24yo - 3/6 CL
Artem Nilov - 793 OR - 17yo - 6/6 CL
Nathan O'Mara - 513 OR - 15yo - 6/6 CL

Wide Forwards
Vladimir Trifunovic - 770 OR - 17yo - 6/6 CL
Tarek Aggoun - 701 OR - 17yo - 6/6 CL

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
There's a lot of nice things with this. Good work between you and Mr. Orange.

Thanks! Answers to your questions:
1) Weighted harmonic average I believe.
2) Only SA data. Basically name, CL, PrS, Staff efficiency, facility level, attys and star ratings. There is no team identification. There is no way I can tell who it comes from. I'll gladly send data your way too, see if our results overlap.
3) The extension works via the practice page (lots of info - attys, Qs - all in one spot). NTs don't have a practice page. We'd have to tweak it, maybe even make a whole new one, for NT managers. It's on the list, but down there. Feel free to add this in the forum discussion.
4) You can kind of do that now, if you wanted. Make "Stay at Home Defenceman" position and "Powerplay Defenceman" positions. One has shooting in the ratio, one does not - as an example. Basically, you can make whatever positions you want by "adding" them and saving by hitting "change".
5) I don't understand what you mean by "default by position is acceptable". Sorry.
6) Smart recommendations for training is something we could do. Keep in mind he is volunteering his time and even had to pay stupid Google to post this app in their store so it would work on Chrome. I have lots of ideas too, but the poor guy is writing exams now so we should ease into suggestions :)

BTW, great work from you and Mr. Orange on the extension - really like the look of it.

But as has already been mentioned by Obryantj, are there plans to allow differences regarding training ratios?

See my comment above regarding different ratios. Also, I've relayed these links to some people looking for players.

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Well, I got the CM I wanted to control my midfield.

17 - 6/6 - Universal - 985 OR - 84AQ
M - 300 (94)
S - 101 (89)
P - 143 (95)
T - 130 (77)
S - 101 (82)
H - 101 (93)

I'll need to improve his ratio a bit but he arrives with two days to spare prior to my next training camp. Lineup will be much leaner during this one though since I'm attempting to sell a decent number of players.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Scouting comes in on Bob Wade

5/6
G - 21 (90)
D - 80 (94)
O - 41 (90)
S - 44 (73)
P - 64 (98)
T - 42 (99)
A - 44 (61)

Tough call, that (61) really kills his value as a d-man, puts him 3rd amongst my D prospects.

I've got 5 good center prospects and he's the best by only 1,3,3,5 and 5% respectfully. They're also each a couple seasons older and only the worst of them have dropped to 4/6.

The Goalie Q's are spectacular putting him at 94% while my other two prospects are 16 y.o. 87% 5/6 and 15 y.o. 83% 6/6....but there's only one spot for future starter and his 21 primary means he'll have a long way to catch my current guy who's sitting at 1353 OR 25 y.o. 3/6 84%.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
I did allow addon to send the data about SA/pulls.

I have a question though: how do i change the language of PPMe? Is it somewhere in the settings or do i have to download and install a different lang version of PPMe?

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Alright, PPMe reset my ratios AGAIN. Do I need to redownload it? What's going on? I tried doing a reset, but obviously that doesn't solve the problem.

EDIT: Oddly, this time it only reset my hockey ratios. Soccer are untouched. :huh:

Last edited:

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
Thanks! Answers to your questions:
1) Weighted harmonic average I believe.
2) Only SA data. Basically name, CL, PrS, Staff efficiency, facility level, attys and star ratings. There is no team identification. There is no way I can tell who it comes from. I'll gladly send data your way too, see if our results overlap.
3) The extension works via the practice page (lots of info - attys, Qs - all in one spot). NTs don't have a practice page. We'd have to tweak it, maybe even make a whole new one, for NT managers. It's on the list, but down there. Feel free to add this in the forum discussion.
4) You can kind of do that now, if you wanted. Make "Stay at Home Defenceman" position and "Powerplay Defenceman" positions. One has shooting in the ratio, one does not - as an example. Basically, you can make whatever positions you want by "adding" them and saving by hitting "change".
5) I don't understand what you mean by "default by position is acceptable". Sorry.
6) Smart recommendations for training is something we could do. Keep in mind he is volunteering his time and even had to pay stupid Google to post this app in their store so it would work on Chrome. I have lots of ideas too, but the poor guy is writing exams now so we should ease into suggestions :)

Thanks! Having different "positions" for each position (your example #4) replaces the need for (#5).

What type of exams is he writing?

Scouting comes in on Bob Wade

5/6
G - 21 (90)
D - 80 (94)
O - 41 (90)
S - 44 (73)
P - 64 (98)
T - 42 (99)
A - 44 (61)

Tough call, that (61) really kills his value as a d-man, puts him 3rd amongst my D prospects.

I've got 5 good center prospects and he's the best by only 1,3,3,5 and 5% respectfully. They're also each a couple seasons older and only the worst of them have dropped to 4/6.

The Goalie Q's are spectacular putting him at 94% while my other two prospects are 16 y.o. 87% 5/6 and 15 y.o. 83% 6/6....but there's only one spot for future starter and his 21 primary means he'll have a long way to catch my current guy who's sitting at 1353 OR 25 y.o. 3/6 84%.

That's a tough decision. I tend to avoid changing player's positions due to the amount of time it takes to "catch themselves" (i.e. have their new position's EOR eclipse their starting position's EOR had they been trained in their starting position).

----------------------------------------------

I suppose this would be a good spot to post about my soccer transfers (like everyone else):

Sebastjan Andolsek 19, 5/6, U, CF, 1,335 OR, member of the Slovenian U20 NT (14 career junior international appearances, including friendlies)

Stewart Beadle 21, 5/6, U, FB, 1,386 OR, former member of the USA U20 NT (10 career junior international appearances, including friendlies)

Kane Allen 23, 3/6, L, WM, 1,388 OR

Erik Pratt 16, 5/6, L, FB, 745 OR

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Carm. Nice pickup on the handball goalie for 67m. Added him to the scouting queue. I am going to need a 3rd goalie very soon as well. That position really needs one stud, 2 very good ones and a replacement. Having 2 and spending energy is going to cost me later this season if things remain the same.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Carm. Nice pickup on the handball goalie for 67m. Added him to the scouting queue. I am going to need a 3rd goalie very soon as well. That position really needs one stud, 2 very good ones and a replacement. Having 2 and spending energy is going to cost me later this season if things remain the same.

Thanks. I was looking at my stats in Champions League and realized that Bruce Hubbell, my old starting goalie, was only saving 22% of his shots. So I made it a priority to get a better goalie. :) His speed quality is a little low, but everything else is above 80 I believe, and he's 6/6.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I have a question though: how do i change the language of PPMe? Is it somewhere in the settings or do i have to download and install a different lang version of PPMe?

I think it is in English but you can use it with any PPM language. If you want you can rename your positions from Goaltender to Gardien de Butt (sp) for example if you were French.

Alright, PPMe reset my ratios AGAIN. Do I need to redownload it? What's going on? I tried doing a reset, but obviously that doesn't solve the problem.

EDIT: Oddly, this time it only reset my hockey ratios. Soccer are untouched. :huh:

I'm having issues with mine too. One of my players corrupts the database and nothing is working. I'm not going to hound him though, he's got enough on his plate.

Thanks! Having different "positions" for each position (your example #4) replaces the need for (#5).

What type of exams is he writing?

A whole whack of computers ones. Networking and hardware stuff. Bright guy for sure.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
I think it is in English but you can use it with any PPM language. If you want you can rename your positions from Goaltender to Gardien de Butt (sp) for example if you were French.

I had something else in mind, i don't mind it being in English, but when using PPMe and clicking on any player link it will open that site in english not my language. For example, when not using PPMe and clicking on one player (or hovering over the player link with mouse):

Screen1
^^where the green thing is where my mouse is pointing over first player, you can see (circled in red) the link is for my language.

But when using PPMe and doing the same thing:
Screen2
you can see that the player link is now for english version of PPM.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I'm having issues with mine too. One of my players corrupts the database and nothing is working. I'm not going to hound him though, he's got enough on his plate.

Obviously his exams/real life should take precedence. If it helps, I'm using Chrome. Both times I had modified ratios for hockey, but hadn't gotten around to soccer yet. I had purchased and released a player in soccer last night, but made no roster changes in hockey (I sincerely doubt this is related). Not trying to hound him, simply trying to see if it helps identify the problem.

On an interesting note for PPMe, I'm glad you clarified that it uses info from practice page. That explains why the player I purchased today in soccer isn't filtered on the overview page with PPMe on, while the one purchased last night is.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I had something else in mind, i don't mind it being in English, but when using PPMe and clicking on any player link it will open that site in english not my language. For example, when not using PPMe and clicking on one player (or hovering over the player link with mouse):

Screen1
^^where the green thing is where my mouse is pointing over first player, you can see (circled in red) the link is for my language.

But when using PPMe and doing the same thing:
Screen2
you can see that the player link is now for english version of PPM.

Ya the attribute headers are English. Note that in the forum page, to allow modification of the atty short forms.

Obviously his exams/real life should take precedence. If it helps, I'm using Chrome. Both times I had modified ratios for hockey, but hadn't gotten around to soccer yet. I had purchased and released a player in soccer last night, but made no roster changes in hockey (I sincerely doubt this is related). Not trying to hound him, simply trying to see if it helps identify the problem.

On an interesting note for PPMe, I'm glad you clarified that it uses info from practice page. That explains why the player I purchased today in soccer isn't filtered on the overview page with PPMe on, while the one purchased last night is.

I let him take remote control of my computer. It is working again now. No idea what the heck went wrong. He really only refreshed pages and reinstalled. Try "Reset" on PPMe. Then reload the page.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I let him take remote control of my computer. It is working again now. No idea what the heck went wrong. He really only refreshed pages and reinstalled. Try "Reset" on PPMe. Then reload the page.

That's what I said though. I did that to fix the last time it reset them and it deleted my hockey ratios the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad