Powerplay issues

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Here's my take (without reading any other comments). There are so many issues on this PP.

1. Entries - They are stagnant as hell thru the NZ. Their breakouts are terrible. They try to dump and chase too much on the PP (once is too many times on the PP). There's no deception there. I know a few PP d-man on the roster who could help in that regard.

2. Setup - Their setup isn't really conducive to generating HD shots or chances. Once G gets the puck, his options are to pass it back to Provy, or to pass it down to someone below the goal line. The cross ice pass is gone, and Couts isn't the best option for the bumper position.

3. Personnel - TK playing the right boards gives him one option, short side shot. Provy at the top isn't a great passer. He just doesn't have that vision and he can deceptively move like Ghost. Jake isn't a netfront guy. Couts isn't a great bumper player.

4. No Movement - Everyone stands stills. There's zero movement, via player or passing. It's just stationary. Montreal can put their PKer into a small box and they can just stand there. It's maddening.

I could keep going, but you get the point.

I think the best lineup (assuming Ghost is not in the lineup) would be:

Giroux (LHB)-Sanhiem (Top)-Jake (RHB)
-------Farabee (Bumper)
---------JvR (Net Front)

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
They at least had some set plays other than setting up G for a slapper from the left faceoff circle. That has seemed to be their only PP play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad