Powerplay Gunners

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
MacKinnon...or Rantanen from MacKinnon. Either way MacKinnon has a say.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
For Vancouver it’s Boeser and Pettersson, but Elias hasn’t had the opportunity yet to unleash that nasty bomb of his. We need a dman who can actually pass the puck

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Flames don’t really have a guy like that. Hamilton was kinda like that last year once he finally got an opportunity on the first unit. Giordano has a hard shot (he actually recorded a harder shot at the Flames skill competition than anyone at the All-Star competition last year). But the way the PP was set up last year he wasn’t really used as a triggerman.

Monahan is the guy they look for in the slot, but I’m not sure if he qualifies as a “gunner” so much as the guy who tries to stay quiet so he can get open and get a quick shot off on net.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I dunno what a "gunner" is. On the Flyers Giroux and Ghost take the big long shots, and Simmonds (and JVR now) work on the deflections and rebounds.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
The Oilers prefer to pass the puck toward the net with their Leftorium®

Reactions: snipes

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
If Leafs PP sticks Matthews should be the primary shooter, doesnt have the one timer like some of the top gunners but his patented wrister is unbelievably quick and accurate.

RandomChickenWing

Sep 11, 2015
Hoffman used to be the guy in Ottawa but now I just foresee us either passing the puck around for 2 mins or skating laps as we have few players good at zone entry and the ones who were good were traded away

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm curious to see if Dumba injures more people from the point or scores more goals. He'll rack up a good number of both, i think.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Hoffman is going to get so many one timers on that FLA PP he sure lucked out he gonna get a nice pay check when he becomes UFA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad