Powerline Adapter?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Hey everyone. Some backstory:

Recently lost my mancave to baby#2, and with it, lost my ability to hardwire my PC or a console. I just bought a Steam Link for $2.50 and was considering picking up a few powerline adapters to hook up to my PC and my Steam Link.

I have bad internet (only DSL available where I am. 2MB/S is Max speed, so I'm not getting crazy speeds or anything)

Anyone have experience with these? How well do they work?

CanadienDude

Katie B.
Nov 3, 2004
St. John's, NL
I bought one a few years ago to hook up to my ps4 in the living room and I thought it worked okay (used to play nhl). Can't say I ran any tests or anything though.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Hey everyone. Some backstory:

Recently lost my mancave to baby#2, and with it, lost my ability to hardwire my PC or a console. I just bought a Steam Link for $2.50 and was considering picking up a few powerline adapters to hook up to my PC and my Steam Link.

I have bad internet (only DSL available where I am. 2MB/S is Max speed, so I'm not getting crazy speeds or anything)

Anyone have experience with these? How well do they work?
I've had one setup for a while. You can't tell the difference from a wired connection aside from the max speed is limited to about 10-15 MB/s. No reliability issues whatsoever.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
I've had to use them for years. They nerf your speed a little bit but the connection was always solid. About once a week I'd have to unplug and replug one or both adapters but it wasn't bad. They worked better than I anticipated.

That said, they slouch behind a cable connection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad