Power Rankings - Pick The Worst Team in the Eastern Conference (Position 16)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I want to say the Devils, but Schneider is going to carry that team like the mid-2000s Lundqvist. They won't make the playoffs, but they won't have the worst record in the East. Gotta go with the Canes (sorry Halle)

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I went with the Devils. Arguments can be made for Carolina and Toronto.

I can't imagine Toronto sucking as bad as everyone thinks they are due to Babcock. They aren't going to be good, but I can see them working harder than they've worked over the past few years, and while they aren't going to win a lot, they could be a real pain in the *** to play against.

Carolina is a joke. They're still paying for Rutherford's mismanagement, and they have nothing, absolutely nothing in their system, and relatively few trade-able assets. I'd be seriously concerned if I were the league if this team can successfully remain in Raleigh if they continue to be this bad.

All that said, Cory Schneider has to be Vezina quality to get the Devils to 70 points.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i disagree about TML because I do think Babcock will make them 'better' - not good but not in NHL bottom 5; he'll make them just good enough to miss out on Matthews and whoever is #2,3,4

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Of course, they don't call me the internal optimist for nothing.

Edit: for some reason the word predictor used internal. It looks funnier.

I don't think anyone could argue with you for claiming we aren't the best team in the east...heck, I don't. But it would take a perfect storm for us to finish dead last. If you sim the upcoming season 100 times odds are we don't finish dead last once.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Don't get why people are picking the Devils tbh, they have great goaltending and a pretty solid defense, their offense does suck though. Easily picking Toronto. No Kessel = No JVR showing up and Bozak playing like a 4th line C without him. Canes close there too, though. No offense and their LHD is weak. Solid RHD though. And I think Lack will be good.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I don't think anyone could argue with you for claiming we aren't the best team in the east...heck, I don't. But it would take a perfect storm for us to finish dead last. If you sim the upcoming season 100 times odds are we don't finish dead last once.

I actually ran a simulation just 2 seconds ago. I used Tanner Glass, John Scott and Ryan Clowe as the first line. ECHL champs was the consensus.

I was obviously goofing.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I want to say the Devils, but Schneider is going to carry that team like the mid-2000s Lundqvist. They won't make the playoffs, but they won't have the worst record in the East. Gotta go with the Canes (sorry Halle)

Does anyone here really think Schneider is in Henrik's class?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Does anyone here really think Schneider is in Henrik's class?

No, but if Hank is just about at the top then a guy who is a few behind him can certainly keep his team in a lot of games. If the Devils don't finish in the bottom three of the conference it will probably be due to Schneider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad