Power Rankings - Pick The Worst Team in the Eastern Conference (Position 16)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, I've done this every year for seemingly a decade...let's do this again.

But this time, we are picking from the bottom up.

Pick the WORST team in the Eastern Conference:

Teams Per Division (Unranked)
Atlantic Division:
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Detroit Red Wings
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

Metropolitan Division:
Carolina Hurricanes
Columbus Blue Jackets
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals

---------------------------------------------------------
Projected Standings Based on Polls:
Atlantic Division:
1)?
2)?
3)?
4)?
5)?
6)?
7)?
8)?

Metropolitan Division:
1)?
2)?
3)?
4)?
5)?
6)?
7)?
8)?
---------------------------------------------------------
Playoff Matchups:

#1 Seed VS Worst Wild Card Team
Other Division Winner VS 2nd Worst Wild Card Team
Seed #2 in Metro VS Seed #3 in Metro
Seed #2 in Atlantic VS Seed #3 in Atlantic

Make sure you choose the worst team. Please mention any corrections to me via PM in case I mess up anything..i don't read every post usually.

Poll coming...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i'm going with Toronto. I fail to see how a crappy team can trade their best player away for a bag of pucks and somehow be better. i dont care how good their coach is...if he cant shoot the puck, he aint winning them games.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hurricanes. Lots of young guys. Staal is likely to be traded. Goaltending is meh. Defense is too. I don't see much there.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I agree: the Maple Laughs are the likely destination for Matthews.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Toronto seems like the obvious choice, but for me Carolina is still on a downward trend and doesn't look very good on paper.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Toronto seems like the obvious choice, but for me Carolina is still on a downward trend and doesn't look very good on paper.

Exactly.

Car O = Tor O - it's a wash.

Car D < Tor D - Faulk, old guy Liles and a bunch of fresh young d-men Vs Dion, Jake, Morgan and ... Robidas?! Where did that come from :laugh: Yeah I like TO better.

Car G < Tor G - not so sure about this one, as DMPD says they are on a downward trend and ... ha ... Ward may be continuing that too. I still like Bernier's potential, if we would finally bring it! Reimer is a great back-up. That battle for the #1 G spot is always open in TO.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Toronto. Without Kessel, Bozak and JVR are going to suffer. Defense is bad, and Goaltending is solid. But won't be enough to keep them out of the cellar

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I think the Flyers have a chance to finish last overall too. NJD at least has Schneider, but in Philly, Mason is also great, but he's had trouble staying healthy, and I think they've gotten worse this offseason. I don't know. If anybody on that team struggles (Giroux, Voracek namely...) plus they're in a MUCH tougher division than Toronto.

But I picked Toronto.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its close between Carolina, New Jersey and Toronto. NJ has Schneider, so I think he'll keep them from that. Toronto still has a few really talented players. Carolina has very little. I think it'll be them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad