Power Play is top problem.....simple fix

YinzAintBurgh*

I have no idea why Crosby isn't a permanent fixture here. He's maybe the best in the NHL at knocking in garbage. It's not a waste of his skills! Anyone can move the puck around the perimeter!

He's scared to go there ever since he took that slapshot to the face from Hooks.

I don't know what they are trying to accomplish with Crosby stationary on the half board just holding the puck. Then they try to out pass the other team for the perfect goal. I think it worked once for Malkin in last 10-20 pps. I watched the Bruins games last weekend and a lot of pp goals scored from the point. Pens aren't getting enough shots and when they do it's blocked or high and not on net.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild fan here. First off, it blows my mind a bit that you don't have a top 3 PP with the talent you can put out there, but having said that, you are in the top quarter in PP Production. Not too bad.

My question for you is some insight about our coach Yeo. We all have our complaints about him ( favoring vets, not playing talented youngsters, overplaying certain vets till they break down), but on the whole he is turning out to be a pretty good coach. The glaring exception is the PP. It is a stagnant thing that ranks about 28 th in the league. He insists on using the same old personnel game after game after game when there are far more suitable options, yet he doesn't try anything new.

Is this familiar sounding to you guys? Do you look back on his time with your club and are happy he is gone,especially as regards the PP?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Honestly SId could be half wall or behind the net, or Geno could be point or side wall or whatever. If they DON'T MOVE, nothing happens. I thought a lot of what Poo brought was that natural movement sliding in and out of areas that made the whole PP much more dynamic.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Wild fan here. First off, it blows my mind a bit that you don't have a top 3 PP with the talent you can put out there, but having said that, you are in the top quarter in PP Production. Not too bad.

My question for you is some insight about our coach Yeo. We all have our complaints about him ( favoring vets, not playing talented youngsters, overplaying certain vets till they break down), but on the whole he is turning out to be a pretty good coach. The glaring exception is the PP. It is a stagnant thing that ranks about 28 th in the league. He insists on using the same old personnel game after game after game when there are far more suitable options, yet he doesn't try anything new.

Is this familiar sounding to you guys? Do you look back on his time with your club and are happy he is gone,especially as regards the PP?

To be honest, I can't remember if he was in charge of the power play, or the PK while he was here. Either way, I think I remember it being a spotty relationship. We would be very good for a while, and very bad other times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad